PDA

View Full Version : Curious, how many have given up?

_VR_ScorpionWorm
08-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Please, no stupid comments or those trying to ignite this thread.

As far as the addons are concerned? We all stood in awe(or sat) when the three addons were announced, we gets lots of '46 posts and its not even out yet, heck, we don't even have Stur. Over Manchuria. Its been in posts that they are still 'trying' to fix this whole distrubution issue Whatever, some were concerned about Boontybox, big deal, it comes and gos, I see no new posts about that download manager. Anyways, just wondering, with all those 'supposed release dates'.....

VW-IceFire
08-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Not sure what the hoopla is about it. It comes when it does...I'm having fun anyways.

Zeus-cat
08-25-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm with IceFire. It gets here when it gets here.

Feathered_IV
08-25-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting. But I have to agree with those above also. The "Betty patch" taught me to just put up with it and make do with what we have. Jumping up and down won't make the next big thing come any faster, and you'll just give yourself cancer over it.

Ernst_Rohr
08-25-2006, 11:36 PM
I am still looking forward to the expansions, especially since they cover some of my favorite periods.

But, like the other have already said; I am not going to have an anuerism over the release. It gets here when it gets here. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WWMaxGunz
08-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by _VR_ScorpionWorm:
Please, no stupid comments or those trying to ignite this thread.

As far as the addons are concerned? We all stood in awe(or sat) when the three addons were announced, we gets lots of '46 posts and its not even out yet, heck, we don't even have Stur. Over Manchuria. Its been in posts that they are still 'trying' to fix this whole distrubution issue Whatever, some were concerned about Boontybox, big deal, it comes and gos, I see no new posts about that download manager. Anyways, just wondering, with all those 'supposed release dates'.....

You mean worse than this first post? LOL!
Kiddies will be back in school blowing off homework by the time 4.06 comes out.
Just keep yer knickers dry till then.

Treetop64
08-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Zeus-cat:
I'm with IceFire. It gets here when it gets here.

+1

AlGroover
08-26-2006, 04:04 AM
I'm confused over this. If Pe2 addon is version 4.05, Manchuria will presumably be 4.06. Does this mean we are obliged to buy Pe2 before we can install Manchuria even if we don't want it?

Feathered_IV
08-26-2006, 04:34 AM
As with all computer games - yes.

Monty_Thrud
08-26-2006, 04:40 AM
There's three things i'll be wanting out of these add-ons...

1)The Spitfire XIV
2)The Spitfire 22
3)The Tempest +11Lb
3.2)AR whatsit majig
3.3)Ground objects
3.4)Norway
3.5)Burma
3.7)More maps
3.8)Naked women in leather
3.9)Exploding Sheep

...mmm-kay http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

BiscuitKnight
08-26-2006, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by AlGroover:
I'm confused over this. If Pe2 addon is version 4.05, Manchuria will presumably be 4.06. Does this mean we are obliged to buy Pe2 before we can install Manchuria even if we don't want it?

Yes, you are paying for patches.

DuxCorvan
08-26-2006, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Monty_Thrud:
3.9)Exploding Sheep

Mmmm, naked women in leather are not naked... unless you're talking about their own leather.

Exploding Sheep: wait and see Lerche's loadout! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Xiolablu3
08-26-2006, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by BiscuitKnight:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlGroover:

Yes, you are paying for patches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a game addon, not a patch. You dont have to buy it.

Set up your own server using 4.04m, its not hard to host your own game.

carguy_
08-26-2006, 06:28 AM
Not interested in SOM although I always hope we get some serious fixes.

Monty_Thrud
08-26-2006, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Monty_Thrud:
3.9)Exploding Sheep

Mmmm, naked women in leather are not naked... unless you're talking about their own leather.

Exploding Sheep: wait and see Lerche's loadout! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If a womman had, say, leather gloves on or leather boots but nothing else...would she not still be classed as naked...anyway this is one for Raaaaaaaaaaaid to contemplate. over... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Bearcat99
08-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by BiscuitKnight:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlGroover:

Yes, you are paying for patches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong.

You are paying for an add on. A patch mayu or may not be in it.. but you are paying for content. If you dont want it then dont buy it but dont go around spreading that BS. For all of you who cry and maon about buying the add ons.... we have gotten free content from this sim for years..... this is an old issue so I wont go into too much.. but some of you spend more at the movies or beer than you will on these add ons.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ICDP
08-26-2006, 07:19 AM
While I think the IL2 series has been one of the best WWII combat sims ever released it still has some of the worst stock campaings ever devised. The current AI are not worth bothering with since level bombing and quite a few other aspects are very VERY poorly implemented. This sim would have you believe that bombers were far more effecteive at shooting down fighters than other fighters were. Essentailly there not many aspects of the offline campaigns that hasn't been done better in other sims. The overall AI has been done better, the immerssion has been done better, the atmosphere has been done better, the AI comms has... well you get the idea. Despite all of its shortcomings it is still a great sim.

Having said that, unless the AI is improved with the new addons I have no intentions of wasting any more of my hard earned money on more worthless (to offliners) updates.

isooAntti
08-26-2006, 07:42 AM
KAPITULIEREN??...NIEMALS!!!

JG52Uther
08-26-2006, 07:56 AM
I eagerly await SoM,but only because I want the Arado 234 in the '46 add-on,and that one will be released after SoM (and at this rate it will be Luft 2046)

Recon_609IAP
08-26-2006, 09:03 AM
I'm only interested in Manchuria addon. I could also do without this '46 fantasy addon.

96th_Nightshifter
08-26-2006, 09:23 AM

1)The Spitfire XIV
2)The Spitfire 22
3)The Tempest +11Lb
3.2)AR whatsit majig
3.3)Ground objects
3.4)Norway
3.5)Burma
3.7)More maps
3.9)Exploding Sheep

...mmm-kay http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif - All of it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LEBillfish
08-26-2006, 09:25 AM
lol............If you voted you care, if you didn't you wouldn't have voted, who do some of you think you're fooling?

We'll all gobble up any scrap tossed our way as even the crumbs are so darn good.....*sticks her head out, stretching her neck, looking up, mouth agape, chirping*

Can't wait, very excited is gonna be great. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Scharnhorst1943
08-26-2006, 10:07 AM
I am strictly on offliner, and I don't see the big deel with "incompetent AI." In fact, I get my *** handed to me on several occasions. As for level bombing, There are several workarounds to get your flight to drop bombs with you.

Also, the stock DGEN is one big pile of ... well, you get my point. After switching to Paul Lowengrin's DCG, my enjoyment of the sim doubled. I am able to create my own campaigns, filling in gaps for say, med theater or 1946 invasion of Japan. Also, for those who like bombing, there is a waypt specialy hardcodded to be able to get your flight to drop bombs with you.

I am eagerly waiting the release. I wish they would go ahead and release it with Boonty. I do not care about all this Boonty silliness. All it is, is a paranoia and an unwillingness to accept the truth that boonty is not out to spam anyone. Besides, after install we can always go back to the 4.04m EXE's.

Even though I am eagerly awaiting it, I can understand them holding it and releasing all three on a disk. THAT really sucks because I already bought Pe2, but whatever.

Whatever they deside to do, all I want is for them to s**t or get of the pot ... seriously.

sledgehammer2
08-26-2006, 11:14 AM
I would like to see all three add-ons on a disk... one of my biggest frustrations has been the AI - too damn fast blah blah . I've voiced my concerns about it so many times I lost count. I really wished for some indication that they were going to try to address the AI, but noone seemed inclined to say officially that the AI was going to be tweaked.

In desperation I tried on-line flying, but that sucks for me because I have 4.04, and all the higher difficulty servers that would be more to my liking are 4.05. So while I have been flying around in C/P view I 've been getting waxed by people in WW view.

All in all very frustrating. I wish things would turn for me but it has been months since I have truly enjoyed this sim. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Divine-Wind
08-26-2006, 11:19 AM
I hear ya Sledge. All the awesome full switch servers I used dabble in (well... Sorta. It's hard to go on little 15 minute quick runs when you have to put on TrackIR, get your HOTAS profile set up, etc, etc.) are now 4.05. Which makes the baby panda sad.

HurricaneVictor
08-26-2006, 11:29 AM
I'll buy whatever keeps me flying with my squad online. But it would of been nice of them to sort out the aircraft in the game that are not modeled correctly before adding all these "after war aircraft". Just what i feel anyway.

I_KG100_Prien
08-26-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm waiting to see if all 3 addons get put on a disk and, 1) Show up in retail stores, 2) At the very least made available for mail order.

I'm one of those oddballs that likes to have a disk.. I've had too many problems with downloaded game files not working in the past. Far less with disks. Not to mention, I don't like having to go through some long procedure just to get the program to patch and be playable.

Also, I am another that isn't rushing to get these titles because I have the feeling they won't be adressing the A.I. Try as you may to say it's not "that bad".. It is. It's sad that "out of date" games have better AI than this one. Bad AI can really spoil a game for some people, and I'm one of them. All the eye candy in the world, eleventy-billion flyable planes and a woman under my desk will get ruined by crappy AI. It tends to ruin the immersion. Nothing like taking to the skies in a '87G on the way to bust some tanks during the battle of Kursk, only to have half the flight crash into eachother or into the side of a hill en route to target.

Got a bandit on your 6? Just call for help to make yourself feel better at least knowing YOU tried as you float towards the ground under your parachute. No bother trying to evade because the AI can match you move for move. By the way, what did happen to the wingman I told to "cover me".. thats right he's MIA somewhere.. Probably managed to shoot himself down.

Reverse the situation and your AI target can get away from you because it can go into a 90 degree dive from 5KM and pull out at the last minute because it's plane hasn't ripped apart yet... oh, and it's plane hasn't compressed nor does it black out during the recovery. Or do some stupid super high G turn because it's plane won't stall out. Barring those options it can just go balls to the wall because of no engine overheating, always optimized for peak plane performance.

All the while, you the player are blacking out, getting wings ripped off, having to constantly maintain engine temperature and proper trim, and make sure you don't stall in a hard turn. I.e.. you have to PROPERLY fly the plane.

I havn't flown online since 4.05 came out. Dogfight servers were getting old, and I think I got introduced to and flew in servers like Historia once before the last content update. Real life priority took over flying in an active squad.

Great things like Lowengrins DCG get ruined when I have to put up with ****ty AI.

BfHeFwMe
08-26-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm simply stunned someone would actually model the Soviet assault on Japan. This should be the sort of thing one wishes to sweep under the rug and hide out of embarrasment, not embellish. Certainly nothing heroic slaughtering an enemy who had already surrendered. Will we get skins for the Japanese side with blue crosses? They were flying em according to the Potsdam agreement after August 14th.

The Soviets already had the rights to most of the area they grabbed according to Potsdam. Why they went in fighting at such a cost in lives to their soldiers and local populations after an agreement on their terms was already reached, they signed Potsdam accords also, is appalling.

Sorry, but not interested in pure butchery. Most of the units that did engage for Japan simply tried to protect the civilian population.

As for UFO's over Fantasy Reichland, at least there's no shame in that one, just a bit of sham. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

WWMaxGunz
08-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
Mmmm, naked women in leather are not naked...

Speaking as a guy, I am well aware they are all naked underneath whatever they wear.

WWMaxGunz
08-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Scharnhorst1943:
Besides, after install we can always go back to the 4.04m EXE's.

You know for a fact that this will continue?
This is an amazing bit of apriori knowledge or......

WWMaxGunz
08-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by sledgehammer2:
I would like to see all three add-ons on a disk... one of my biggest frustrations has been the AI - too damn fast blah blah .

This is the same AI that was used to make the latest IL2Compare data?

|CoB|_Spectre
08-26-2006, 02:45 PM
The correct phraseology is "I couldn't care less. Assuming most people understand the vote option to mean that, it's interesting how close the percentages compare with those who anxiously await the addons. This whole thing has been mishandled from the get-go, not the least of which is by the developer in telling people for almost two years that FB/AEP/PF was a de facto deadend sim. Some will buy anything at any price because they want it. Others less enthused will weigh the pluses and minuses and decide if it's worth it. The difference in this and other markets is that this one provides an outlet for potential buyers to express themselves rather than just leaving it be or making the purchase.

heywooood
08-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by WWMaxGunz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuxCorvan:

Speaking as a guy, I am well aware they are all naked underneath whatever they wear. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"what difference does it make where you buy underwear?!!...underwear is underwear wherever you buy it!!!"...... I love Rainman.

ruby_monkey
08-26-2006, 03:29 PM
I'll enjoy both add-ons, and any future patches, whenever they get released. Until then, life goes on and I have plenty of games (including the current Il-2 line-up) to occupy my time - perhaps by the time the Manchuria add-on is available, I'll have worked out how to start the engine on a virtual F-16.

It's just a game, not something to get worked up about.

leitmotiv
08-26-2006, 03:48 PM
As far as I am concerned, IL-2 ETC is quaint, or, as the expression goes, is "history." Bring on BOB ASAP. If I buy the last two add-ons, it will be out of idleness and brainless consumerism rather than out of keen anticipation. Now I am using Shockwave's BOB 2 because it has 6 DOF and gajillions of bombers to entertain Spits and Hurricanes---oh yes, the AI beats the heck out of IL-2 ETC.

horseback
08-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Have to agree with many here, the AI is disgusting in the last few patch versions, and offliners like myself are getting heartily sick of the gross inadequacies that have cropped up over the last year or so, piled onto the pre-existing ones.

As far as Boonty goes, it has been a royal pain in the nether regions, and my fondest hope is for a CD with all three final additions, and especially a genuine fix for the AI, that I can hold in my hands and put on my shelf without worrying about 'keys' or receipts that might not be valid in a year or two.

cheers

horseback

willyvic
08-26-2006, 07:22 PM
If it gets here, it gets here. If it don't, it don't. No skin. Guess that means I couldn't care less if it ever appears. I enjoy what I have, even if it's showing its age.....gracefully, I might add.

WV.

leitmotiv
08-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Aghhh, gakkk, argghhhh:

http://int.games.1c.ru/

joeap
08-27-2006, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by BfHeFwMe:
I'm simply stunned someone would actually model the Soviet assault on Japan. This should be the sort of thing one wishes to sweep under the rug and hide out of embarrasment, not embellish. Certainly nothing heroic slaughtering an enemy who had already surrendered. Will we get skins for the Japanese side with blue crosses? They were flying em according to the Potsdam agreement after August 14th.

The Soviets already had the rights to most of the area they grabbed according to Potsdam. Why they went in fighting at such a cost in lives to their soldiers and local populations after an agreement on their terms was already reached, they signed Potsdam accords also, is appalling.

Sorry, but not interested in pure butchery. Most of the units that did engage for Japan simply tried to protect the civilian population.

As for UFO's over Fantasy Reichland, at least there's no shame in that one, just a bit of sham. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

What are your sources for this information? Tsuyoshi Hasegawa claims this attack did even more than the atomic bombs in convincing Japan to surrender. Take that for what it's worth. As for the Japanese forces trying to protect the civilian population, hard to resist a rolleye icon but I won't. This was where Unit 731 was located, plus I have read a lot of accounts that the local population welocmed Soviets as liberators, before rolling your eyes consider that unlike Poles they had no idea of what the Soviets would do (ie. tunr over weapons to Mao's forces and loot industry that by rights belonged to China). Furthermore the campaign itself was no walkover but is studied by the US Army as an example of a very well planned and executed attack not a "slaughter".

Read David Glantz's analysis here:

August Storm (http://cgsc.leavenworth.army.mil/carl/resources/csi/glantz3/glantz3.asp)

Pirschjaeger
08-27-2006, 09:02 AM
I'll pay when LeBillfish is included in the addon. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

Fritz http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

panther3485
08-27-2006, 10:04 AM
I had the merged install, v4.04 I think, and have uninstalled it. I now have two separate installations, FB/AEP v2.04 and PF v3.04. I'm enjoying them better now.

Call that giving up? OK, I've given up.

mortoma1958
08-27-2006, 11:08 AM

1)The Spitfire XIV
2)The Spitfire 22
3)The Tempest +11Lb
3.2)AR whatsit majig
3.3)Ground objects
3.4)Norway
3.5)Burma
3.7)More maps
3.9)Exploding Sheep

...mmm-kay http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif How can the women be naked if they are wearing leather?? You probably
mean alomst naked. Also I have not heard we're getting 1 through 3 on your list. I don't think we are getting those.

msalama
08-27-2006, 12:39 PM

Don't bet on it. There're certain pictures in the Internet, for example, where... oh nevermind http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The next addon? Well, what IceFire said up there...

BM357_TinMan
08-27-2006, 05:13 PM
hmm,

boontybox -(and all that implies, poor delivery, unwanted/needed software etc), the fact that they couldn't offer the product on a US website
In general, poor marketing made the add-ons all but not worth my time.....

BfHeFwMe
08-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by joeap:

What are your sources for this information? Tsuyoshi Hasegawa claims this attack did even more than the atomic bombs in convincing Japan to surrender. Take that for what it's worth. As for the Japanese forces trying to protect the civilian population, hard to resist a rolleye icon but I won't. This was where Unit 731 was located, plus I have read a lot of accounts that the local population welocmed Soviets as liberators, before rolling your eyes consider that unlike Poles they had no idea of what the Soviets would do (ie. tunr over weapons to Mao's forces and loot industry that by rights belonged to China). Furthermore the campaign itself was no walkover but is studied by the US Army as an example of a very well planned and executed attack not a "slaughter".

Read David Glantz's analysis here:

August Storm (http://cgsc.leavenworth.army.mil/carl/resources/csi/glantz3/glantz3.asp)

Oh come on now, the Japanese agreed to the Potsdam accord on August 14th and officially surrendered on the 15th, in the allied camp that meant a ceasation of all hostilities order. Allied reps began contact with Japanese authorities in Japan proper, along with establishing communications with POW centers immediatly upon this date. The Occupation had begun.

Meanwhile Soviet forces launched amphibious and airborne invasions of the Kuriles, Sakalin Island, plus numerous Islands they had no right to under the Potsdam treaty, all these occupations took place after the official surrender and involved military assaults.

Ever wonder why it was so easy to grab cooks, truck drivers, and supply troops and slap a parachute on them making ad hoc airborne units on the fly which actually could successfully sieze some of these fortified Japanese lands? It's easy when the enemy had orders to lay down their arms and you come in blasting. LoL

You do realize Japan refuses to normalize any relations with Russia over this issue. To this day they lay claim over several of these Russian held islands and focus their military with it in mind. They also have a trade embargo, refusing to trade with Russia as long as their islands are witheld.

And if that isn't enough, in 1956 the Soviets in embarrasment attempted to bribe silence over the issue by offering a few small islands back if they would normalize relations.

Than there's the issue of what the Soviets did to the Japanese populations on these hundreds of islands. Lets just say in typical soviet style they disappeared in the Russification pogram post war. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

The attack your talking about happened 8 August, and was great, legal and moral. The attacks I speak of happend after 15 August, and are shameful and needless.

That is the root reason why Japan will always fall in the western camp. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

wayno7777
08-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Pirschjaeger:
I'll pay when LeBillfish is included in the addon. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

Fritz http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
What Fritz said. especially if she is in that leather http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif....

leitmotiv
08-27-2006, 11:30 PM
I they give me Greta Garbo in a SAAB J21, I'll buy the ridiculous 1946 poxy doxy loxy thing.

Enforcer572005
08-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Id rather it be finished properly than quickly. Anyone who has any experience with microsoft's unfinished combat "sims" and their rotten attitude knows this.

and there are enough user made excellent cmpns to keep you busy with new stuff for this for years.

And the AI did work alot better at one point...dunno which patch messed it up again. As long as enemy AI isnt ACE, it seems to be ok. Bombers....I dunno.

But Im glad for anything I get in this. If you had suffered thru the frustration of MS CFS-2 etc, you might not be so impatient with 1C. I want it right, not tomorow, or even in a few months.

joeap
08-28-2006, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by BfHeFwMe:

Oh come on now, the Japanese agreed to the Potsdam accord on August 14th and officially surrendered on the 15th, in the allied camp that meant a ceasation of all hostilities order. Allied reps began contact with Japanese authorities in Japan proper, along with establishing communications with POW centers immediatly upon this date. The Occupation had begun.

Meanwhile Soviet forces launched amphibious and airborne invasions of the Kuriles, Sakalin Island, plus numerous Islands they had no right to under the Potsdam treaty, all these occupations took place after the official surrender and involved military assaults.

Ever wonder why it was so easy to grab cooks, truck drivers, and supply troops and slap a parachute on them making ad hoc airborne units on the fly which actually could successfully sieze some of these fortified Japanese lands? It's easy when the enemy had orders to lay down their arms and you come in blasting. LoL

You do realize Japan refuses to normalize any relations with Russia over this issue. To this day they lay claim over several of these Russian held islands and focus their military with it in mind. They also have a trade embargo, refusing to trade with Russia as long as their islands are witheld.

And if that isn't enough, in 1956 the Soviets in embarrasment attempted to bribe silence over the issue by offering a few small islands back if they would normalize relations.

Than there's the issue of what the Soviets did to the Japanese populations on these hundreds of islands. Lets just say in typical soviet style they disappeared in the Russification pogram post war. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

The attack your talking about happened 8 August, and was great, legal and moral. The attacks I speak of happend after 15 August, and are shameful and needless.

That is the root reason why Japan will always fall in the western camp. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

No need to be immature with that smiley, as if I were defending Uncle Joe's land grab somehow.

I thought you were not precise in your statement about which attacks you were talking about, now that I reread it yes you said

"Why they went in fighting at such a cost in lives to their soldiers and local populations after an agreement on their terms was already reached, they signed Potsdam accords also, is appalling." which is clear, now, you meant after the 14th.

I was not aware the Kuriles were not part of the agreement, and see you meant local Japanese populations, not the Chinese in Manchuria. Sounds like what happened to other groups Stalin did not like. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Japan is a good country to have on our side. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

As for the addon, well AFAIK the Kuriles are not modeled so we can just do the Manchuria attack, or pick and choose the stuff we get in both addons to make our own historic, or fantasy scenarios.