PDA

View Full Version : More realistic bombers?



Yellonet
09-30-2004, 01:45 PM
As we will be getting more bombers in PF than we ever had before, will the bomb bay doors be manual this time?
I really hope so, even some arcady games has the "feature" to be able to open the BBDs. It's just not right as it is now, when you hit the "bomb dropping button" the BBDs open in an instant and releases the bombs. It's cool to have a button to open the BBDs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I would very very much like to see some way of
"programming" pickles... if that was possible back then.

Come on... Warbirds have had these features for ages.

Jippo01
09-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Yes. To get realistic bombers we need some improvements like manual BBD's. Very important thing is also the ability to set the interval between bombs to control the length of the 'stick' (of bombs), and the fusing of the bombs. Also important is to get rid of the silly bombs drop in pairs thing that clearly is inherited from Il-2 and other jabos. In bombers bombs should drop single.


-jippo

Yellonet
09-30-2004, 02:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jippo01:
Yes. To get realistic bombers we need some improvements like manual BBD's. Very important thing is also the ability to set the interval between bombs to control the length of the 'stick' (of bombs), and the fusing of the bombs. Also important is to get rid of the silly bombs drop in pairs thing that clearly is inherited from Il-2 and other jabos. In bombers bombs should drop single. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly what I (and all other bomber-pilots) want.

VW-IceFire
09-30-2004, 02:56 PM
I can't remember but don't the bay doors open when you initiate a bomb run through the bombsight (i.e. target locked)?

Yellonet
09-30-2004, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
I can't remember but don't the bay doors open when you initiate a bomb run through the bombsight (i.e. target locked)? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think so.

Renegade_50
09-30-2004, 03:33 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif Yes the doors open when in the He-111 and your using the im leaving the pilot seat bombsite system, but since no one uses it. and the rest of the bombers must be flown externally they dont open untill you dropp the bombs Ice. How much do you get for siding with the Dev team anyhow all the time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

The_Pharoah
09-30-2004, 06:06 PM
okay, being an avid IL2/FB bomber pilot:

- the BBD's would be nice but thats eye-candy and frankly I don't care about it. When I'm on the bombrun in my H111, all I'm thinking of is getting the crosshairs on target and adjusting where need be. Thats it.
- the pickle option would be nice, however we have a 'manual' pickle option in IL2/FB atm ie. based on the speed of you hitting the drop key. Truth be told, a pickle option would be good for fighters (gives the bombs a bit more spread).
- I would like a better autopilot option for bombers. On the H111, once u hit the autolevel button and trim the plane you're ok. However, shd you realise you're off target and need to physically aim the plane in a diff direction (thereby undoing the autolevel option), the plane rear's up like a mule because of the trim. This is irritating. Anyway, any changes are welcome.

Well thats my $0.02 for the moment.

Future-
10-01-2004, 06:50 AM
I think manual BBDs would be nice 'cause auf the psychological effect... picture this: a bomber is approaches his target area, under hot pursuit by interceptors, and just as the interceptor lines up to fire, he sees the BBDs opening... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Plus, I really would appreciate it if the "Level Stabilizer" would finally do his job and keep the plane on level, instead of slowly dropping down.

Jippo01
10-01-2004, 08:11 AM
I will try to help Oleg to improve the game in this sector. It may be that they don't have enough time, something is simply impossible, or there may be other complications that make it difficult. But I will try to get the bomber side of things improved a bit along with the 88.

If you have things that could in your opinion be made better, please post them here, and maybe I can suggest them to Oleg. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif


-jippo

Jason Bourne
10-01-2004, 08:25 AM
grr, i already posted this somewhere on this forum, but since it was a month ago, i guess it doesnt matter huh? but yah, i really want both auto bomb bay doors (hydraulic, or however) and then a manual open and close button if you have either a TB-3 or if you hydraulics have been hit or something.

Cmte. Carvalho
10-01-2004, 04:43 PM
For sure we'll need a better and easier autopilot configuration for bombers. Also options to set the salvo (interval of bombs being dropped) and to open the bay doors.

Aztek_Eagle
10-02-2004, 07:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jippo01:
I will try to help Oleg to improve the game in this sector. It may be that they don't have enough time, something is simply impossible, or there may be other complications that make it difficult. But I will try to get the bomber side of things improved a bit along with the 88.

If you have things that could in your opinion be made better, please post them here, and maybe I can suggest them to Oleg. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif


-jippo <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey jippo, when u r on bomber campain , off line campain, it is very very anoyying, that when u r the leader of a formation of he111, and tb3s that as soon as u get to the bombrun, ur flight will drop off formation and bomb by them self, like if u werent the leader at all,,,... it takes alot of the fun of the part of flying bombers, i mean whats the point to fly the bomber campain if u do not affect the outcome of the mission, as the super bomber aces that can bomb trough clouds and hit some one on the head wiht a bomb from 20k altituted on porpuse do all the job... i mean the leader of a bomber formation is a very big responsability, why do they bomb by them self when i am the leader, why wont they stay on formation, and drop when i drop?" is it so hard to do? they must follow leader at all cost, if i do a gentile dive they shuld follow, till i hit my drop boton,... why the hell wont ai bombers drop wiht me dam it...