PDA

View Full Version : The sound of this game

senteread
01-02-2010, 04:54 PM
I have been playing this game ever since Christmas (played other games so didn't have time to beat it)and I have gotten to sequence 9 and have Altair's armor and around 100k Florins.

Anyways, what I wanted to discuss is how the cities do feel "empty". There are loads of people but no sound, I don't hear the guards yelling, beggers begging, daily conversations, arguments between couples. Don't get me wrong, there are small things like Courtsens(sp?) that say stuff, but not as much as I like and maybe for others. Is it just me?

Also this takes away from the "bueaty" of this game, sound does count, not just visuals.

senteread
01-02-2010, 04:54 PM
I have been playing this game ever since Christmas (played other games so didn't have time to beat it)and I have gotten to sequence 9 and have Altair's armor and around 100k Florins.

Anyways, what I wanted to discuss is how the cities do feel "empty". There are loads of people but no sound, I don't hear the guards yelling, beggers begging, daily conversations, arguments between couples. Don't get me wrong, there are small things like Courtsens(sp?) that say stuff, but not as much as I like and maybe for others. Is it just me?

Also this takes away from the "bueaty" of this game, sound does count, not just visuals.

AssassinVenice
01-02-2010, 05:26 PM
in the videos of the gameplay i can hear the crowd talking bt the sound is way better than in AC1! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

senteread
01-02-2010, 09:27 PM
its reincancee (sp?) italy!!!! Its supposed to be loud, music in the air, trading, LOUD. So what if its better then Assasins creed 1? Thats not something to compare too.

silver_015
01-03-2010, 01:32 AM
i know what you mean but i belive the music fills in some of it. I like the song "Home in Florence" the one with the nice piano tune

itsamea-mario
01-03-2010, 03:33 AM
well just wait until carnivalle then theres that music that fades as you move away from it, which i think is good, or if you want it to sound more realistic fire your pistol and hear the dogs bark...lol

AMuppetMatt
01-03-2010, 08:55 AM
I agree, the sound isn't as good in AC1, but the improved visuals make up for it IMO... with any luck they'l be able to find the balance in AC3