PDA

View Full Version : Too many planes, bombs and AAA - FPS down to 1 yikes!

hugohugo37
03-05-2006, 04:12 PM
I am flying a USN Coral Sea campaign (Truepacific 06 DGEN btw) and the last mission COMPLETELY overwhelmed my system. There were just way too many planes and bombs and ships and AAA. It's not like I'm running this on a Commodore 64 either. I have a 3 gig pentium 4, 1.2 gigs of RAM, and a Radeon X700 video card. I'm sure a huge number of people who play this game have a system like this or worse. My FPS went down to 1 literally.

Is there any way I can take everything down a notch so I can play this? I tried taking the Video mode down to its lowest level also and that really didn't help. It's just too much stuff going on. And I've never had this kind of problem before with any other campaign.

I appreciate the work put in and the historical accuracy but all that really doesn't matter if it is unplayable. Anyway maybe there is something I can do to fix this. I'm sure others will want to too.

hugohugo37
03-05-2006, 04:12 PM
I am flying a USN Coral Sea campaign (Truepacific 06 DGEN btw) and the last mission COMPLETELY overwhelmed my system. There were just way too many planes and bombs and ships and AAA. It's not like I'm running this on a Commodore 64 either. I have a 3 gig pentium 4, 1.2 gigs of RAM, and a Radeon X700 video card. I'm sure a huge number of people who play this game have a system like this or worse. My FPS went down to 1 literally.

Is there any way I can take everything down a notch so I can play this? I tried taking the Video mode down to its lowest level also and that really didn't help. It's just too much stuff going on. And I've never had this kind of problem before with any other campaign.

I appreciate the work put in and the historical accuracy but all that really doesn't matter if it is unplayable. Anyway maybe there is something I can do to fix this. I'm sure others will want to too.