PDA

View Full Version : Dropping bombs in PF

Onespirit2005
09-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Hi all,
Was just wondering if anyone else has had the problem of the bombs bot dropping when you select the Weapon 2 control? All 3 patches have been installed with no problems.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Onespirit2005
09-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Hi all,
Was just wondering if anyone else has had the problem of the bombs bot dropping when you select the Weapon 2 control? All 3 patches have been installed with no problems.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Moustacheo
09-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Well, technically since you're talking about Pacific Fighters this should really be in the pacific fighters forum, but since this is your first post I shall be merciful and spare you my wrath. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Back to your problem though, is your weapon 2 control on your joystick? This may be a hardware problem rather than anything to do with the game. On the joystick properties panel on the control panel, check to see that all your buttons work when pressed.

PS. Welcome to the forums!

dieg777
09-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Welcome -Depending on the aircraft bombs can be assigned to fire 1; fire2 or fire 3 controls - check your control section in game and your joystick assignments

good luck.

Platypus_1.JaVA
09-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Do other keys work good? Do you press the bomb key on the keyboard or your joystick? Try the other weapon buttons (1,2,3 and 4 Yea ladies and Gentlemen, Oleg Maddox gives us 4 weapon buttons) And make sure you've got bombs loaded in the first place. Sometimes I forget the load-out myself or, I forgot to check convergence or time delay.

Retrofish
09-01-2005, 02:50 PM
As far as I know it has always been like this :

Weapon 1 = Guns

Weapon 2 = Guns

Weapon 3 = Rockets

Weapon 4 = Bomb/Torpedo

Onespirit2005
09-01-2005, 02:54 PM
fisrt off, thanks for the advice on where to post a tech query. I'll be more careful in the future. :-)
I'm using a Logi Freedom wireless stick. All the other buttons work great. I thought I had bombs loaded but I'll check again. I'll also try reassigning as you've suggested. The solution is most likey something simple.
Thank you all for your support.
Domo,
OS2005

Onespirit2005
09-01-2005, 06:10 PM
I wanna thank you all for your valuable input. Retrofish nailed it! Apparently, the Weapon 4 key (the ONLY control I didnt have assigned) is the bomb/torpedo control. LOL....see? Told it'd be something simple.
I took up an A-20, went to external view. The control that opened the bomb bay and released the boms was the Weapons 4 control. *hehe*
Many thanks, Retro.
*bow*