PDA

View Full Version : Can I run splinter cell conviction on given configuration?

sid123_jit
05-07-2010, 06:04 AM
My PC has fulfills all requirements of splinter cell conviction except

1. Ram:- I have 1.0 GB and minimum is 1.5GB for Xp

2. Processor :- I have Pentium4 3.0Ghz and minimum is1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

also if i upgrade ram then will it make any difference..?

sid123_jit
05-07-2010, 06:04 AM

also if i upgrade ram then will it make any difference..?

roelbartstra
05-07-2010, 06:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sid123_jit:

also if i upgrade ram then will it make any difference..? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Upgrading ram makes a difference. What graphics card do you have?

sid123_jit
05-07-2010, 07:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roelbartstra:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sid123_jit:

also if i upgrade ram then will it make any difference..? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Upgrading ram makes a difference. What graphics card do you have? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Thanks for your reply.

I have Ge-force 8400 GS (512 MB)..

I can upgrade ram but i wanna know that when i install the game does it check system for requirements and stops installation if Ur system isn't OK to run it.. ?

how much RAM do u recommend ?

also Does the processor plays role in FPS issues or is it just RAM what matters?

sorry for loads of questions but I'm anxious to play it.. Again thanks for reply.. =)

rek0
05-07-2010, 07:39 AM
TBH - you need atleast a rating of 5.0+ on your system to get this game working nice. I predict your score to be around 3.0/4.0, I wouldn't reccomend playing it on your PC till you get a decent Duel Core CPU (2.5GHz+) and atleast 4GB of DDR2(Recommend DDR3 tho) RAM

darkzero7
05-07-2010, 10:23 AM
I agree with rek0, if you want to be able to play this game, or really any game coming out in the future, you gotta get that CPU up to par. you can get pretty decent dual cores for cheap these days.

sid123_jit
05-08-2010, 02:17 AM
Thanks everyone..

I'm thinking of upgrading my RAM. I'm adding 2GB RAM to my CPU. SO Ill have total 3GB of RAM on XP.DO u guys think thats gonna make a difference?

I cant get duel core because my Desktop board is not compatible with it..

roelbartstra
05-08-2010, 02:45 AM
let me tell you what I have and how the game is running:

-Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz
-6144MB RAM
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Ingame setting:
-Resolution 1680x1050 (=PC KILLER)
-Soft Shadows: High
-Environment Detail: High
-Anisotropic Filtering: 16x
-Anti-Aliasing: None (=PC KILLER when turned on)
-HDR Rendering: ON
-Dynamic Ambient Occlusion: OFF (=PC KILLER)
-Realtime Reflection: ON (Is only available in bathroom scene so doesn't really mather)
-VSync: OFF (Only turn on when your game is constantly running over 60 fps)

The game is running above 40 fps most of the time. In some scene even above 60 fps, but in some scenes unfortunately around 30 fps, but that's only for short periods of time.

Some of the PC KILLER settings are by default turned on, or on native settings. Make sure you even turn the settings on with a new pc.

You can't really notice the difference between my settings and very high, but the fps is much higher.

Since the latest patch the resolution won't be native + some settings are reset to default, so make sure that you change your settings AFTER you installed the patch.

Make sure you DO NOT have a WIRELESS internet connection because it is unstable and you won't be able to play the game very well because of the DRM. I have a wired connection and never had any problems with the DRM.

You should definitely buy new hardware. Your graphics card is outdated, your CPU and mainboard are outdated and the RAM is just not enough to play the game the way you really would like to play it, with a stable fps.

sid123_jit
05-08-2010, 08:23 AM
roelbartstra wow.. u run it on high settings , ur hardware config is very good..

im extending my RAM to 3 GB hope that ill get enough fps ...

rek0
05-08-2010, 12:19 PM
I have
Intel E3300 Duelcore 3GHz (Over clocked)
8GB DDR3 RAM (Got more today)
ATI Radeon HD 5670 PCI-e 2.0 x2 - (Crossfire enabled now)
1TB Solid State HDD

All my settings are up max
Ingame settings:
-Resolution 1680x1050
-Soft Shadows: Very High
-Environment Detail: High
-Anisotropic Filtering: 16x
-Anti-Aliasing: 8x MSAA
-HDR Rendering: ON
-Dynamic Ambient Occlusion: ON
-Realtime Reflection: ON
-VSync: ON

My game runs absolutly perfect at a solid 62 FPS, no matter where I am, or what I'm doing.