PDA

View Full Version : joystick archaeology

marc_hawkins
10-03-2006, 09:25 AM
T'was buming around town today and saw the ymca electrical shop and went in for a nose about(I love these second hand shops and the mixture of just-last-season tech and virtual age of steam stuff) when i saw a plastic tub full of bygone joysticks!

They had yer spectrum/amiga etc vintage, the almost forgotten name of quickshot, gamepads aplenty, early/rubbish pc sticks and in its original box on its own, the creme de la creme, (of this selection) a microsoft sidewinder 3D pro, for all of 5. I was very much tempted to buy it for old time's sake, but i dunno wether its worth the hassle of trying to make it work in XP (if it isn't knackered already) Think its worth it? if it is then it may be handy as the saitek's a bit big for my small girly hands... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But there's technology for you, i wonder how long it will be till yer x52's are moldering forlorn in a big jumbled box?

marc_hawkins
10-03-2006, 09:25 AM
T'was buming around town today and saw the ymca electrical shop and went in for a nose about(I love these second hand shops and the mixture of just-last-season tech and virtual age of steam stuff) when i saw a plastic tub full of bygone joysticks!

They had yer spectrum/amiga etc vintage, the almost forgotten name of quickshot, gamepads aplenty, early/rubbish pc sticks and in its original box on its own, the creme de la creme, (of this selection) a microsoft sidewinder 3D pro, for all of 5. I was very much tempted to buy it for old time's sake, but i dunno wether its worth the hassle of trying to make it work in XP (if it isn't knackered already) Think its worth it? if it is then it may be handy as the saitek's a bit big for my small girly hands... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But there's technology for you, i wonder how long it will be till yer x52's are moldering forlorn in a big jumbled box?