PDA

View Full Version : how many P.O.E (the apple specifically)are there?THIS HAS SPOILERS

Acrimonious_Nin
04-13-2011, 03:26 PM
AGAIN THIS HAS SPOILERS AND THIS IS MY FIRST TIMEPOSTING SO IF THERES A SPECIAL WAY OF WARNING ABOUT SPOILERS I WOULD APPRECIATE KNOWING HOW TO DO SO.THANK YOU I have a question in AC2 subject 16 shows you in the glyphs a bunch of photos with people like houdini,gandhi,ect...with the apple even the appl lost on the moon in one of the glyphs...even lucy talks about how abstergo had it at one point...now my question is how does desmond find the apple exactly where ezio leave it?.....did i miss something?

Acrimonious_Nin
04-13-2011, 03:26 PM
AGAIN THIS HAS SPOILERS AND THIS IS MY FIRST TIMEPOSTING SO IF THERES A SPECIAL WAY OF WARNING ABOUT SPOILERS I WOULD APPRECIATE KNOWING HOW TO DO SO.THANK YOU I have a question in AC2 subject 16 shows you in the glyphs a bunch of photos with people like houdini,gandhi,ect...with the apple even the appl lost on the moon in one of the glyphs...even lucy talks about how abstergo had it at one point...now my question is how does desmond find the apple exactly where ezio leave it?.....did i miss something?

itsamea-mario
04-13-2011, 03:31 PM
To warn about spoilers, just put it in the title, which you did.

Well Ezio left the apple in a vault that seems to be only accesible to him desmond, and probably anyone in the bloodline.

So i don't think anyone else would have found it, so it would have to be there.

There is however more than one apple, i think about 6, and many more different POE's, about 50-60 if i remember rightly.

And welcome to the forums. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CFord664
04-14-2011, 02:19 AM
I think the highest listed in the Subject 16 files from ACII is 66, which was an Apple. I think...

magesupermaster
04-14-2011, 03:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CFord664:
I think the highest listed in the Subject 16 files from ACII is 66, which was an Apple. I think... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
PoE #66 was the Staff.

You can check the AC wiki for more information about the PoE's.

I know that there are six Apples.

Xanatos2007
04-14-2011, 03:17 AM
This many:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQiop41LLB3mAi6g9bhL3rGsKhHRqp7 YaPDcayWqgSW7espXMsLQ&t=1

Acrimonious_Nin
04-17-2011, 10:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magesupermaster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CFord664:
I think the highest listed in the Subject 16 files from ACII is 66, which was an Apple. I think... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
PoE #66 was the Staff.

You can check the AC wiki for more information about the PoE's.

I know that there are six Apples. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>hmmm 6 apples, could that be what juno is telling desmond to find at the end? when she tell him to awaken the 6th ? just like how he activated/awakened ezio's P.O.E with his DNA?lol what are the chances of that:P

AntiChrist7
04-17-2011, 11:46 AM
the name "6th apple" is a name proposed by the AC wikia community, and not confirmed by Ubisoft (as far a s i know). the glyphs in ACII mentiioned 5 apples, being used in history (houdini, hitler, Gandhi, Napoleon etc...). but the apple Ezio (and altair) used has being buried underneath the colosseum for 500 years, untill 2012, so couldn't have been any of those. Otherwise you get a big contradiction

Now because there are so many pieces of eden, it's not unrealistic that there are more then 5 apples, hence the name sixth. but it could be apple nr.8 or so, we don't know. we only know it's not apple nr1, 2,3,4 or 5.

phil.llllll
04-17-2011, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Acrimonious_Nin:
hmmm 6 apples, could that be what juno is telling desmond to find at the end? when she tell him to awaken the 6th ? just like how he activated/awakened ezio's P.O.E with his DNA?lol what are the chances of that:P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think she meant the sixth sense.

Also, this is a pretty big plot hole but that apple shouldn't even have been there at the end of ACB. According to Lucy in AC1 that apple was destroyed in the DIA incident.

AntiChrist7
04-17-2011, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Also, this is a pretty big plot hole but that apple shouldn't even have been there at the end of ACB. According to Lucy in AC1 that apple was destroyed in the DIA incident. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but that could just be misinformation. they thought it was that apple, but they were mistaken

Abeonis
04-17-2011, 01:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Also, this is a pretty big plot hole but that apple shouldn't even have been there at the end of ACB. According to Lucy in AC1 that apple was destroyed in the DIA incident. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but that could just be misinformation. they thought it was that apple, but they were mistaken </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although it hasn't been officially retconned, I am of the opinion that Lucy was either simply wrong, or was misinformed by Vidic. Those are the most likely explanations.

TwentyGlyphs
04-17-2011, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:

Yeah this is still a seeming contradiction. I think it's funny that Desmond or anyone was just assuming that Al Mualim/Altair's Apple just stayed in Masyaf for 900 years without going anywhere. One possibility is that another Apple ends up being hidden in Masyaf and Abstergo found that one and it was destroyed in the DIA accident. They would likely assume it was the one Altair had without being able to explore memories and find the truth. This is a strangely unaddressed plot point, so there may be more here than meets the eye.

The other strange thing is that according to the Truth puzzles from AC2, the Templars have at least 4 Apples by 1969 ó the ones that they took from Houdini, Gandhi, JFK, and the Moon. Why can't they use one of these for the satellite in 2012? Why do they seem so desperate in the first game to find one? Something is off about all this, and I hope it's not just bad writing.

samward
04-18-2011, 01:02 AM
I agree, seems weird having so many P.O.E. There have been very little explanations to where the other Apples are and so on. Would be nice to know where they are and why the Templars cant use them. Also would be good to bring some of the info in Legacy to do with the P.O.E. together with the games.

The only reason why I can think that Desmond's Apple is so important to the Templars and Assassins is because Minerva touched it. Lucy, I think says something in ACB about how it changed some properties of the device. So maybe that is why everyone wants it.

But what kinda concerns me is that from the very start there has been this plan for 3 games...now I know that this could change...but if they hold true to their original idea, that leaves only this next game to conclude the storyline and let us understand and use the other P.O.E. I mean what is the point of telling us about the sword and shroud and so on if they never come into the playable storyline? I am thinking there is no way that there will be only 3 games. But I also donít want them to drag the storyline out so far that it sacrifices the plot. I love the games but I love the story more and I really want it to end well and make sense. I am hoping that in the last sequence of the last game everything and all the missing or confusing pieces come together to make sense and just leave us all in awe of how perfectly they crafted the story.

xsatanicjokerx
04-18-2011, 04:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I am hoping that in the last sequence of the last game everything and all the missing or confusing pieces come together to make sense and just leave us all in awe of how perfectly they crafted the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lets hope not (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MiwoDpbcdk&feature=related)

samward
04-18-2011, 04:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I am hoping that in the last sequence of the last game everything and all the missing or confusing pieces come together to make sense and just leave us all in awe of how perfectly they crafted the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lets hope not (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MiwoDpbcdk&feature=related) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was actually thinking of LOST when I wrote that, believe it or not. I watched that show for 6 years and when it ended I wanted to pull all my hair out. It was the most crap ending to any show or suspense story ever created! I wasted six years of my life and I am going to be so mad if the Assassins team do the same thing to me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif They have some very good writers and a lot of the story makes sense, letís just hope they clear up the parts that donít and give us a brilliant ending and not one that results in a lack of respect for the team entirely.