PDA

View Full Version : Why Call it Assassin's Creed 3

INC420OZ
01-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Honestly I don't care when and where it takes place. I'll play it just as long as Ubi lives up to there rep and also fixes multiplayer.

I do however want to know what it is going to be titled, I mean you call it Assassin's creed 3, I don't know if that's official. but basically brotherhood is the 3rd one. If you go for a whole different character like you did from Altair to Ezio, or if It's the 3rd one with Ezio it would technically be the 3rd. Either way it should be called 4 or have a name at the end. It just sounds weird to go from 2 to brotherhood and now 3.

INC420OZ
01-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Honestly I don't care when and where it takes place. I'll play it just as long as Ubi lives up to there rep and also fixes multiplayer.

I do however want to know what it is going to be titled, I mean you call it Assassin's creed 3, I don't know if that's official. but basically brotherhood is the 3rd one. If you go for a whole different character like you did from Altair to Ezio, or if It's the 3rd one with Ezio it would technically be the 3rd. Either way it should be called 4 or have a name at the end. It just sounds weird to go from 2 to brotherhood and now 3.

LxLAS3RzZz
01-29-2011, 07:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Honestly I don't care when and where it takes place. I'll play it just as long as Ubi lives up to there rep and also fixes multiplayer.

I do however want to know what it is going to be titled, I mean you call it Assassin's creed 3, I don't know if that's official. but basically brotherhood is the 3rd one. If you go for a whole different character like you did from Altair to Ezio, or if It's the 3rd one with Ezio it would technically be the 3rd. Either way it should be called 4 or have a name at the end. It just sounds weird to go from 2 to brotherhood and now 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood isn't Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed 3 is Assassin's Creed 3. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was a spin off persay, it was the third game however it wasn't the third game in order of the series sort of. Think of it as like Halo. Halo 3:ODST isn't Halo 4, it's Halo 3:ODST. So somewhat think of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood as Assassin's Creed 2: Brotherhood.

Alpha Ender
01-29-2011, 08:39 PM
^ This. And holy cow LxLAS3RzZz, you have been busy. 48 posts in six days? Geez...

Ass4ssin8me
01-29-2011, 08:41 PM
^ Perfect example! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

LxLAS3RzZz
01-29-2011, 09:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ^ This. And holy cow LxLAS3RzZz, you have been busy. 48 posts in six days? Geez... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like to keep part of my community http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, - Perphaps more than I should, yet I think I could talk to someone about Assassin's Creed for days on end.

Abeonis
01-29-2011, 09:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by INC420OZ:
I do however want to know what it is going to be titled, I mean you call it Assassin's creed 3, I don't know if that's official. but basically brotherhood is the 3rd one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong!

More than two games were released before Brotherhood. Just get over it alright, it's not Assassin's Creed III, it's Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Sheesh.

Razrback16
01-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Think of Brotherhood as AC 2.5. I just hope they are able to continue the story as long as possible. Love these games. Go for 10 games. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Alpha Ender
01-29-2011, 09:55 PM
^ He's right. A little rude about it, but right. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif There are quite a few AC games out there:

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
AC: Altair's Chronicles
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines
Assassin's Creed II: Discovery
Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy
AC: Project Legacy

Source: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_Wiki

Click on the fourth panel over titled "Series".

LordWolv
01-29-2011, 11:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlphaEnder:
^ He's right. A little rude about it, but right. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif There are quite a few AC games out there:

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Source: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_Wiki

Click on the fourth panel over titled "Series". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These are the only games in the trilogy:
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II

But in a way, I agree with this guy. If you wanted to stick in the trilogy and only buy AC, ACII and (In the future) ACIII you wouldn't understand in ACIII how you got there, what happened and how it happened. That would be because you didn't buy '2.5' which most of you are trying to say fits in the category of:

This is wrong.

Alpha Ender
01-30-2011, 12:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:

These are the only games in the trilogy:
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II

But in a way, I agree with this guy. If you wanted to stick in the trilogy and only buy AC, ACII and (In the future) ACIII you wouldn't understand in ACIII how you got there, what happened and how it happened. That would be because you didn't buy '2.5' which most of you are trying to say fits in the category of:

This is wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. I hope I didn't come across as saying that Brotherhood fit in the same category as those. Those other ones are useful for learning things, but they aren't nearly as critical as Brotherhood is to the main storyline of the trilogy.

Personally, I'm a little bothered that they made such a huge twist without it being in the trilogy. I think if something isn't going to be in the main trilogy, then it shouldn't be huge. It's like...it would be like cutting out the scene in The Empire Strikes Back where Luke finds out Vader is **SPOILER!!** his father **End SPOILER**. You get into The Return of the Jedi, and to the final battle scene, where Vader **SPOILER!!** saves Luke **End SPOILER**, and you wouldn't understand why. Or if they cut out the scene in A New Hope where **SPOILER!!** old Ben dies **End SPOILER** and you wonder, hey, where did **SPOILER** Ben **End SPOILER** go? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif I think I went a little spoiler happy there...

LordWolv
01-30-2011, 12:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
True. I hope I didn't come across as saying that Brotherhood fit in the same category as those. Those other ones are useful for learning things, but they aren't nearly as critical as Brotherhood is to the main storyline of the trilogy.

Personally, I'm a little bothered that they made such a huge twist without it being in the trilogy. I think if something isn't going to be in the main trilogy, then it shouldn't be huge. It's like...it would be like cutting out the scene in The Empire Strikes Back where Luke finds out Vader is **SPOILER!!** his father **End SPOILER**. You get into The Return of the Jedi, and to the final battle scene, where Vader **SPOILER!!** saves Luke **End SPOILER**, and you wouldn't understand why. Or if they cut out the scene in A New Hope where **SPOILER!!** old Ben dies **End SPOILER** and you wonder, hey, where did **SPOILER** Ben **End SPOILER** go? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif I think I went a little spoiler happy there... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A slightly strange way of putting it, but yes. I think personally that ACB should have been ACIII. But do you think it would have lived up to the name of 'III'?

Alpha Ender
01-30-2011, 02:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:
I think personally that ACB should have been ACIII. But do you think it would have lived up to the name of 'III'? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I don't think it would have. Mostly because it didn't really answer any questions that we had following ACII, only added to them. I would go so far as to say that the only reason that Ubi created Brotherhood was so they could push the multiplayer thing.