PDA

View Full Version : Jupiter and the Assassins

mrbrandonette
06-12-2011, 08:04 PM
As most people know, Jupiter will be in AC: Revelations. Now I'm not sure if anyone has already theorized about this but wouldn't make sense for Jupiter for the one who started the assassins' bloodline? In Greek mythology, he often had relations with human women and often bore children with them (demigods etc.). And more importantly I believe that he was in fact on the side of the Assassins. This becomes self-evident when you remember that Jupiter had an eagle as a personal companion and messenger to the world. He also came down in eagle form from time to time and is basically synonymous with it. This would expain the names Altair and Ezio, why they call it EAGLE vision, and the special beaked hoods the assassins wear. I believe he will have quite a good scene in ACR and have plenty to tell...What do you guys think?

mrbrandonette
06-12-2011, 08:04 PM
As most people know, Jupiter will be in AC: Revelations. Now I'm not sure if anyone has already theorized about this but wouldn't make sense for Jupiter for the one who started the assassins' bloodline? In Greek mythology, he often had relations with human women and often bore children with them (demigods etc.). And more importantly I believe that he was in fact on the side of the Assassins. This becomes self-evident when you remember that Jupiter had an eagle as a personal companion and messenger to the world. He also came down in eagle form from time to time and is basically synonymous with it. This would expain the names Altair and Ezio, why they call it EAGLE vision, and the special beaked hoods the assassins wear. I believe he will have quite a good scene in ACR and have plenty to tell...What do you guys think?

xx-pyro
06-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Jupiter is also known as the Father of Understanding, which is the figure that guides the Templars (In AC2 at any rate.)

Seems like a paradox.

mrbrandonette
06-12-2011, 08:14 PM
where did you hear that? Obviously he is very intelligent and the king of the "Gods" but I haven't heard him called that before.

mrbrandonette
06-12-2011, 08:16 PM
And none of the AC games have revealed who the father of understanding is. A google search comes up with Baphomet, the demonic creature. Or they could be referring to the Christian God I suppose...

Highwayman48
06-12-2011, 08:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrbrandonette:
And none of the AC games have revealed who the father of understanding is. A google search comes up with Baphomet, the demonic creature. Or they could be referring to the Christian God I suppose... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I always assumed they were talking about the Christian God.

Mic_92
06-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Would make sense. Plus it's kind of cool that the Templars have Baphomet and the Assassins have Jupiter.

Though it would be very weird to have the series' final battle against some goat man with breasts.
Hopefully he will never appear in the game, at least not as an antagonist.

Highwayman48
06-12-2011, 08:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mic_92:
Would make sense. Plus it's kind of cool that the Templars have Baphomet and the Assassins have Jupiter.

Though it would be very weird to have the series' final battle against some goat man with breasts.
Hopefully he will never appear in the game, at least not as an antagonist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Lol, that would be hilarious, but after the initial shock I would be mad at Ubisoft for it.

mrbrandonette
06-12-2011, 08:52 PM
haha. I'm not sure. I'm sure they'll keep us guessing at who the Father is until AC3. The Jupiter in ACR is bound to be awesome tho.

Highwayman48
06-12-2011, 08:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrbrandonette:
haha. I'm not sure. I'm sure they'll keep us guessing at who the Father is until AC3. The Jupiter in ACR is bound to be awesome tho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Wait are you saying that ACR and AC3 are different things?

If so, well, ACR is the last installment to the series.

Mic_92
06-12-2011, 08:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Highwayman48:
haha. I'm not sure. I'm sure they'll keep us guessing at who the Father is until AC3. The Jupiter in ACR is bound to be awesome tho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Wait are you saying that ACR and AC3 are different things?

If so, well, ACR is the last installment to the series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR, AC3(most likely the end).

haha. I'm not sure. I'm sure they'll keep us guessing at who the Father is until AC3. The Jupiter in ACR is bound to be awesome tho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's really Baphomet, apparently the actual Templars worshiped him/her/it.

Highwayman48
06-12-2011, 08:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mic_92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Highwayman48:

haha. I'm not sure. I'm sure they'll keep us guessing at who the Father is until AC3. The Jupiter in ACR is bound to be awesome tho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's really Baphomet, apparently the actual Templars worshiped him/her/it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually Ubisoft said that ACR will be the final installment that wraps every loose end up. This includes Altair, Ezio, and Desmond. This is the final chapter.

mrbrandonette
06-12-2011, 08:59 PM
No. I'm saying that in ACR the will be sweet, but they will prolly wait until AC3 comes out to reveal the father of understanding. I'm stickin with my theory that Jupiter is on our side and will have some kickass knowledge and what not for us

Mic_92
06-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Actually Ubisoft said that ACR will be the final installment that wraps every loose end up. This includes Altair, Ezio, and Desmond. This is the final chapter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The installment that wraps up Ezio & Altair's stories and prepare the ground for the next ancestor. They say it's Ezio's final chapter and that many questions will be answered, they don't mean it's the end of the series. The game director said there would be a new ancestor afterwards but I also heard the next game will focus more on Desmond.

Highwayman48
06-12-2011, 09:08 PM
No. I'm saying that in ACR the will be sweet, but they will prolly wait until AC3 comes out to reveal the father of understanding. I'm stickin with my theory that Jupiter is on our side and will have some kickass knowledge and what not for us </div></BLOCKQUOTE>..I'm still confused... You said no, but yet you said the same thing after that. There will be no AC3. That is all I'm saying. Any info needs to be released with ACR, because there won't be another one.

Highwayman48
06-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Actually Ubisoft said that ACR will be the final installment that wraps every loose end up. This includes Altair, Ezio, and Desmond. This is the final chapter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The installment that wraps up Ezio & Altair's stories and prepare the ground for the next ancestor. They say it's Ezio's final chapter and that many questions will be answered, they don't mean it's the end of the series. The game director said there would be a new ancestor afterwards but I also heard the next game will focus more on Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Really?!? Do you have a link? I haven't heard the part about the new ancester.

Mic_92
06-12-2011, 09:14 PM

The installment that wraps up Ezio & Altair's stories and prepare the ground for the next ancestor. They say it's Ezio's final chapter and that many questions will be answered, they don't mean it's the end of the series. The game director said there would be a new ancestor afterwards but I also heard the next game will focus more on Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Really?!? Do you have a link? I haven't heard the part about the new ancester. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that's the thing. I'm not really sure which video it was.

I think it was in those videos where they talk to the creative director.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...eative-director.aspx (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/05/11/ac-revelations-meet-the-creative-director.aspx)

The one where they say the next one will focus more on Desmond was one of the E3 videos but I don't remember which one. I'm not 100% sure that's what they meant either. Maybe they mean he'll be awake in the next game or something.

There's lots of info on ACR here in case you've missed it.

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/revelations.aspx

mrbrandonette
06-12-2011, 09:14 PM
lol dude. ACR really does finish Ezio and Altair's stories as he said. And yes there will still be and AC3 with a new ancestor. It's actually in the Gameinformer reveal from like May 13th http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

twenty_glyphs
06-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I expect to see another message from TWCB in this game. Especially because of the hexadecimal-encoded message at the end of the E3 demo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Three lives toiled. Three lives lost. Three messages delivered: the greeting, the warning, the revelation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Minerva's message was the greeting and Juno's was the warning. It would seem that Jupiter will be the next to give the big revelation. My only doubt would be that the vision of TWCB that we see in The Fall #2 clearly shows 3 females ó Minerva, Juno and someone else ó without Jupiter. But I do believe that Jupiter played a big role in creating humanity because of all the stories of Jupiter having kids with humans in mythology. So it would seem natural for Jupiter to reveal the origins of humanity and maybe what Eden was all about.

iMBUE_
06-12-2011, 10:05 PM
I love people who spout false information. Lol @ AC:R being the last game. How can you misinterpret the developers saying that Assassin's Creed has always been planned as a trilogy?

AC1=&gt;AC2=&gt;AC3. Brotherhood and Revelations are just a continuation of Ezios' story.

Jupiter making an appearance makes sense. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

lukaszep
06-13-2011, 05:46 AM
I get the feeling AC3 won't be the last. They'll probably continue it like they have with AC2. Even if they don't, i still think there will be more, seeing as they said they could make 32 AC games or something ridiculous like that.

scope2005
06-13-2011, 07:31 AM
As most people know, Jupiter will be in AC: Revelations. Now I'm not sure if anyone has already theorized about this but wouldn't make sense for Jupiter for the one who started the assassins' bloodline? In Greek mythology, he often had relations with human women and often bore children with them (demigods etc.). And more importantly I believe that he was in fact on the side of the Assassins. This becomes self-evident when you remember that Jupiter had an eagle as a personal companion and messenger to the world. He also came down in eagle form from time to time and is basically synonymous with it. This would expain the names Altair and Ezio, why they call it EAGLE vision, and the special beaked hoods the assassins wear. I believe he will have quite a good scene in ACR and have plenty to tell...What do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can anyone clarify where the info about Jupiter being in the game came from? Is this the community making an educated guess or has something more solid surfaced?

Also as for "The Baphomet", the Knights Templars from real history were accused by the french and the papacy of worshipping a false idol by this name...

My theories on the "Father of understanding" is that he is one of "those that came before" (TOWCB), possibly the one representing - The Serpent or Satan. Some of the AC2 puzzles hint that the templars were founded when "the serpent" tempted Able (son of adam and eve), to kill his brother Cain for the apple of eden - with promises of power. Able was then on known as Master Mahan and bore the mark of the templars...

It doesn't make sense for the templars to be refering to the christian/muslim/jewish god, as those templars in the AC Universe have no belief in god - but use it as a tool to control the masses.

In either AC2 or ACB the glyph puzzles specifically state that the templars created the "lie" of one all powerfull deity to draw worship away from TOWCB and to use it as a system of control.

GeneralTrumbo
06-13-2011, 08:06 AM

It's really Baphomet, apparently the actual Templars worshiped him/her/it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually Ubisoft said that ACR will be the final installment that wraps every loose end up. This includes Altair, Ezio, and Desmond. This is the final chapter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is the final chapter to the Ezio trilogy. It will also end Altair's story. It will set the pavement for AC3 as Desmond.

mrbrandonette
06-13-2011, 08:54 AM
To answer Scope's Question: Many people have theorized that Jupiter is the 3rd one due to the Capitoline Triad. If you don't know what it is look it up I guess, but basically they were the most important "gods" and consisted of Minerva, Juno, and Jupiter. And also during the AC2 ending, during Minerva's speech, she is talking about her previous names and such and then she says, "The others, too: Juno, who was before called Uni; Jupiter, who was before called Tinia." This is in like the very beginning of her speech after she touches Ezio's apple.

RzaRecta357
06-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Where do people come up with these things? Highwayman. You're totally wrong. This is the final part of Ezio and Altairs story and will lead to the final chapter of the game with a new ancestor and Desmond doing his thing.

TC. While you're probably correct about Jupiter. Don't say it like it's fact. Maybe we won't even see him till the 3rd game.

For all we know we might NEVER see him. Hell, in the comic book, when Daniels ancestor touches the staff...he see's three people. You see Minerva. You see Juno. Then you see another woman.

Now this might just be because they didn't want to spoil what Jupiter might look like.

I actually believe we WILL see him in this game or the next. But it's not fact yet.

mrbrandonette
06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
chill bro. I'm just saying it's like a 99% chance that Jupiter will be in ACR. Each one of the gods spoke thru Ezio, to desmond. Why would they wait for AC3 to use Jupiter? Ezio is the prophet after all lol.
And btw I started off saying it was a theory. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

El_Sjietah
06-13-2011, 05:43 PM
chill bro. I'm just saying it's like a 99% chance that Jupiter will be in ACR. Each one of the gods spoke thru Ezio, to desmond. Why would they wait for AC3 to use Jupiter? Ezio is the prophet after all lol.
And btw I started off saying it was a theory. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juno spoke to Desmond directly....

RzaRecta357
06-13-2011, 05:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
And btw I started off saying it was a theory. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juno spoke to Desmond directly.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, not to mention Minerva pretty much said shut up, you're part is done.

mrbrandonette
06-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah thats true Sjietah, but desmond couldn't have spoke to her without Ezio. And btw Minerva just told Ezio to be quiet so Desmond could listen to her message. She never said Ezio's job was done, cuz it clearly wasn't (referring to parts 2 and 3 of Ezio's Trilogy. He's kind of important lol. Regardless, it's likely Jupiter will be the one with the "revelation" to give. Just sayin' http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

twenty_glyphs
06-13-2011, 08:05 PM
I also think that Jupiter's message could have been delivered to AltaÔr. I could see the last seal that Ezio recovers being AltaÔr's memory of receiving the "revelation" message. This could be why AltaÔr seems to know so much in his codex. Of course, Jupiter's message could just as easily be what Ezio will find when he opens whatever is in Masyaf. But I like the idea that these 3 characters are linked because they each received a message from the First Civilization.

mrbrandonette
06-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Yeah that sounds like something Ubisoft would do. Very probable that they all have the revelation at once. Then it would be Desmond living as Ezio living as Altair having a major revelation, which could be the "Nexus" they were talking about that will wake Desmond. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif Sounds good

xsatanicjokerx
06-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Jupiter - King of the Gods
Juno - Queen of the Gods
Neptune - God of the Sea
Pluto - God of Death
Apollo - God of the Sun
Diana - Goddess of the Moon
Mars - God of War
Venus - Goddess of Love
Cupid - God of Love
Mercury - Messenger of the Gods
Minerva - Goddess of Wisdom
Ceres - The Earth Goddess
Proserpine - Goddess of the Underworld
Vulcan - The Smith God
Bacchus - God of Wine
Saturn - God of Time
Vesta - Goddess of the Home
Janus - God of Doors
Uranus and Gaia - Parents of Saturn
Maia - Goddess of Growth
Flora - Goddess of Flowers
Plutus - God of Wealth

Thereís more that three gods...
Just because Minerva only mentioned Juno and Jupiter doesnít mean the others didnít exist (so to speak).

Konzti
06-14-2011, 02:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:

Thereís more that three gods...
Just because Minerva only mentioned Juno and Jupiter doesnít mean the others didnít exist (so to speak). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Truth spoken, but Jupiter, Juno and Minerva form the Capitoline Triad, the three gods that play a most important role in ancient Roman and Greek mythology (Zeus, Hera and Athena) and who were worshipped in their main temples on top of the Capitoline Hill in Rome.

Greeting, Konzti

mrbrandonette
06-14-2011, 04:06 PM
That post wasn't realy necessary SatanicJoker. I never said they were the only gods and obviously I know there's many others. I'm just saying it's got to be Jupiter. He is the king of Gods and the most popular. Everybody knows Zeus a.k.a. Jupiter. I bet he's gonna look pimpin'. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ACfreak357
06-14-2011, 08:48 PM
I am not clear on this whole Jupiter thing?But who in the world are Jupiter and Baphomet?

Jakob4242
06-14-2011, 09:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:
Jupiter is also known as the Father of Understanding, which is the figure that guides the Templars (In AC2 at any rate.)

Seems like a paradox. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An email in AC (addressed to Warren, if I'm not mistaken) also reads, "May the Father of Understanding Guide you" at the end of the message.

mrbrandonette
06-14-2011, 10:55 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif Well Jupiter is the king of "gods" and Baphomet is a satanic deity. Baphomet has been referred to as the father of understanding but Ubi probably wont use him. Satan himself could be the father of understanding just like Scope said. Don't forget the AC2 glyphs talking about Cain, the founder of the Templar movement. He made an oath with Satan. To quote: "And Satan said unto Cain: Swear unto me by thy throat, and if thou tell it thou shalt die." It seems plausible. I mean Satan is all about deceit and control, just like the Templars http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

CRUDFACE
06-14-2011, 11:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACfreak357:
I am not clear on this whole Jupiter thing?But who in the world are Jupiter and Baphomet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jupiter is the roman equivalent of the god Zeus, king of the gods and...well, he got around allot, having demi god children with mortals. Which sets him up to be cool with assassins, even though he was a ****** sometimes, but awarded his children when they got stuff done.

Baphomet is a devil based on the pagans through the Christians view of them. A demon, with a goat's head, sometimes boobs. Quite a few french templars were killed, saying they believed in Baphomet, but they were tortured after all.

Lol, look something up when you don't know it, or just read the threads, everyoen here has been talking about him.