PDA

View Full Version : My He162C/D always self-explode!

Bang_D
12-22-2006, 06:01 AM
Yeah that's it, strange! I installed my 46 today and everything goes fine at first.. but using He162C/D it will self-explode after loading(black screen, text shows: player killed, engine on fire and fuel tank leak... why, why?

Bang_D
12-22-2006, 06:01 AM
Yeah that's it, strange! I installed my 46 today and everything goes fine at first.. but using He162C/D it will self-explode after loading(black screen, text shows: player killed, engine on fire and fuel tank leak... why, why?

Platypus_1.JaVA
12-22-2006, 12:03 PM
You probably handled the engine too rough. Early German jets where known to catch fire or simple quit working if the throttle was moved too quickly. This was partially due to the shortage of heat resistant materials in Germany, late in the war. You shoukd take great care when flying jets, especially German jets.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge,
ye shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be measured
to you again.

http://www.f19vs.se/fokker_now.jpg

NonWonderDog
12-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Here's the basic timeline, as I understand it:

1: Throttle is advanced quickly
2: Mucho fuel is injected in burner
3: Turbine blades get very hot, start spinning faster
4: Compressor blades start spinning faster
5: Fast compressor blades outstip inlet air supply, stall
6: Airflow is decreased, rather than increased as supposed
7: Mucho fuel is still injected in burner, but with low airflow -- near stoichiometric combustion conditions
8: turbine blades get VERY hot, start to melt
9: KaBooM

The moral? Go easy on the throttle. Airstarts can be VERY annoying because of this, but it usually works if you set the throttle to 30% or so before you start.