PDA

View Full Version : Assigned Keys, Do they require activation?

Jabberflabber
01-29-2005, 05:18 AM
I have assigned keys in the controls menu to enable me to start individual engines and to padlock enemy view, Although having applied the changes and confirmed they have changed on subsequent checks when I try to select a multi engined bseaplane I am unable to select the individual engine to start. Help, I have looked in the manual am I missing a key selection to activate my assigned key list. Would I be better using my Saitek X45 profile rather than the control list. Thank you in anticipation. I

Jabberflabber
01-29-2005, 05:18 AM
I have assigned keys in the controls menu to enable me to start individual engines and to padlock enemy view, Although having applied the changes and confirmed they have changed on subsequent checks when I try to select a multi engined bseaplane I am unable to select the individual engine to start. Help, I have looked in the manual am I missing a key selection to activate my assigned key list. Would I be better using my Saitek X45 profile rather than the control list. Thank you in anticipation. I

Bearcat99
01-29-2005, 05:58 AM
After you select the engine you then have to start it. then select the next etc.... I have mine set for right and left engines since the only multi I fly is the P-38...... after you select on and start then the other and start you will have to select all so that the trottle can control them otherwise oit will stay with the last engine you selected.

Jabberflabber
01-29-2005, 06:02 AM
Bearcat99,

THX I have managed to get it working and understand you have to start each engine seperately and then go back to select both engines. The problem is that PF will not let me select each engine seperately, although I have assigned the individual engines to keys.

plumps_
01-29-2005, 06:50 AM
"when I try to select a multi engined bseaplane "

So you were playing on a server that allows you to fly AI planes that don't have a cockpit? You have to select a plane with cockpit first and hit 'Fly' before you can select the AI aircraft.

Jabberflabber
01-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Plumps_

You are the man thank you I have been trying for days. I had not realised when flying AI aircraft you first need to fly on the server with a PF aircraft. Thank you.