PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Muzzle Flashes?

Red_Russian13
10-31-2004, 02:27 PM
Well, I took a look, and sure enough, the muzzle flashes on the Mk108 are much toned down. I can actually see what I'm shooting at. Let me say, this is a pleasant surprise. I didn't know that they were going to tweek the flashes. I did notice some of the newer ones were less, but I didn't think they would mess with the old ones.

Anyone want to comment on the Mk108? It also seems that the ROF is increased...Now, I say, don't let this get all crazy. I don't have the first clue as to what the REAL Mk108's ROF is. But it seems increased over the last game...I could be wrong though.

Happily Flying PF!

Red_Russian13
10-31-2004, 02:27 PM
Well, I took a look, and sure enough, the muzzle flashes on the Mk108 are much toned down. I can actually see what I'm shooting at. Let me say, this is a pleasant surprise. I didn't know that they were going to tweek the flashes. I did notice some of the newer ones were less, but I didn't think they would mess with the old ones.

Anyone want to comment on the Mk108? It also seems that the ROF is increased...Now, I say, don't let this get all crazy. I don't have the first clue as to what the REAL Mk108's ROF is. But it seems increased over the last game...I could be wrong though.

Happily Flying PF!

Arm_slinger
10-31-2004, 02:44 PM
Indeed they are a great deal better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, many thanks for that feature alone Oleg http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

flyingscampi
10-31-2004, 02:44 PM
I only bought PF for the reduced muzzle flash* The 108 seems to be the same - try the 262, it's lethal now your view isn't obscured by an atomic explosion.

* joke http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TX-Gunslinger
10-31-2004, 02:45 PM
This is the greatest thing that Oleg/1C has ever done for me. I'm so happy that I can't even think straight.

I'll probably get killed by Allied A/C for a while as it's such a new thing to watch one's bullets,..... The 151/20's look so pretty as they sprial in towards the target......Three years and I get to finally see them!

I don't use the 108 much, unless flying K4 or Ta....but I cut a Hellcat in half the other night with what may have been one or two rounds. In the past I would have played the track back to count, but now I'm so happy I just don't care.

The 151/20mm porked/unporked issue does'nt seem to matter anymore cause I can get my bullets on target like never before!

This is the single biggest and most positive thing to ever happen to LW flyers, in my humble opinion.

As a matter of fact, in the few online flights I've had my hit percentage is up from 0-4% to over 10 - 15%.

It's not just Mk108's and 151's. What excites me the most is actually being able to use my MACHINE GUNS! 190A6 and below have 66 secs of MG-17 ammo! Never been able to make use of it....TILL NOW!

I'm gonna shut up now...I feel like Zen salivating about the Ta prior to it's release.

Oh, and another thing, the mighty Ta does feel different to me.....but that can be another thread......

I predict that all my good friends with the mirrors in their cockpits might not like this, but what the heck. It's our turn to be able to see what we shoot at too. It's my sincere hope that they understand and welcome this.

S~ Red and Horrido!

Black 2

TX-EcoDragon
10-31-2004, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Red_Russian13:

Happily Flying PF! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The ROF *seems* higher to me too, but I think that in my case it is because the big balls of fire used to make my computer fall flat on it's face with 2 fps when hit with the sudden burden of rendering the old muzzle flashes! No more yellin to the wingman "did I get him. . huh . . did I did I?" I can see now! :-D

Ok, that's all the humor I can muster at the moment. Enough procrastinating, back to work for me.

NegativeGee
10-31-2004, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flyingscampi:
The 108 seems to be the same - try the 262, it's lethal now your view isn't obscured by an atomic explosion. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree the 262 is fantastic now its possible to set up and execute snazzy deflection shots without the fireworks display.

Its still a bit of an issue for the 110 with the MK-108's, but the muzzles really are located right near the line of vision though the gunsight.

WUAF_Badsight
10-31-2004, 04:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TX-Gunslinger:
This is the greatest thing that Oleg/1C has ever done for me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

COULDNT AGREE MORE !

widgeon
10-31-2004, 08:37 PM
I agree the 108 rate of fire sounds higher to me.

Could be imagination though.

Widgeon

VW-IceFire
10-31-2004, 10:52 PM
Big thumbs up here...looks great!

BlakJakOfSpades
10-31-2004, 11:06 PM
i managed a great deflection shot on a corsair with a ta over smolensk, although since we was under my dash i dont think the new flashes helped me any in that case http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SeaFireLIV
11-01-2004, 07:26 AM
Yknow I never worried about muzzle flash or noticed it much. Then again I did fly the Allies mostly, but the Mig 3Ud series had it, still never bothered me.

But, strangely, I am actually happy for you guys. It`s one loooong complaint that`s sorted... and it probably is historically accurate. Film footage gives a light effect the human eye probably doesn`t see and I don`t recall Luftwaffe pilots saying that it was hard to shoot because the gun flash was too bright! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bweiss
11-01-2004, 08:51 AM
The new flashes are a real improvment. Hats off to the developers for taking a second look at this issue.

Marek_Steele
11-01-2004, 09:13 AM
I guess there's something different with vertical convergence now at least for 109's.
Setting up a qmb vs b17's with convergence set to 500m for both mgs and cannon I actually could hit them at 400-470m alligning them in the center of the cross, that means without having to shoot well above. I've always used 500m for 109's, but I can swear that before I could see even mg131's falling right in front of me, while now they do an arch hitting roughly right in front at set convergence.

TheJoyStick
11-01-2004, 11:57 AM
Yeah.. The reduced muzzle flashes are very, very nice.

Makes playing the game 100 times more satisfying.