PDA

View Full Version : What IS that supposed to mean?

Edengoth
08-26-2009, 10:27 AM
During the Abul Nu'quod mission, one of the eavesdropping missions has that (presumably) Templar guy who was with the pickpocket guy in the Tamir mission. For the eavesdropping, he quotes from the Qu'ran.
"Leave them that they may eat and enjoy themselves and that hope may beguile them, for they will soon know. And never did we destroy a town that had a term made known."
Ok, i get the first sentence, it's an obvious reference to the plot to kill everyone at the party. But what's that second bit about a term? What does that mean?

Also, does anyone know more about the shady character with the nice blue robes? Like I said, I think he's a Templar, but who knows. He intrigued me and I wanna know more about him.

Edengoth
08-26-2009, 10:27 AM
During the Abul Nu'quod mission, one of the eavesdropping missions has that (presumably) Templar guy who was with the pickpocket guy in the Tamir mission. For the eavesdropping, he quotes from the Qu'ran.
"Leave them that they may eat and enjoy themselves and that hope may beguile them, for they will soon know. And never did we destroy a town that had a term made known."
Ok, i get the first sentence, it's an obvious reference to the plot to kill everyone at the party. But what's that second bit about a term? What does that mean?

Also, does anyone know more about the shady character with the nice blue robes? Like I said, I think he's a Templar, but who knows. He intrigued me and I wanna know more about him.

ScytheOfGrim
08-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Bare with me for a moment, and you'll see the analogy:

In the Qur'an, there are numerous mentions of punishments dealt to various people throughout history. The Qur'an always (as far as my memory goes) mentions alongside these punishments that the message was given, and that these people were punished for not heeding the given advice.

So, in this verse, the 'term' would refer to the commandment given by God. Those that followed this term would receive all the rewards, and those that didn't would be punished.

So, if we were to translate this into the game, there could be a few ways to go about it.
But let's go with the most likely:
The people at the party were killed for not following an order/something like that that you could probably do a better job with since you most likely remember the story better than me.

Edengoth
08-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks! I dunno what "term" is being referred to here, though, since Abul killed everyone by surprise and hadn't commanded anything of them, but killed them for supporting a war.

Anyway, thanks. I always wondered about that.

So anyone know about the mystery guy?

john63
08-26-2009, 05:07 PM
I think the first part is just saying that we should let "those of little faith" live their lives, because "they will soon know;" meaning that God's gonna put the smackdown on them soon.

But then the second part seems to contradict this saying basically "we never punished anyone who didn't deserve it." Hmm...

FROGGEman2
08-28-2009, 12:24 AM
I thought he killed them because they spoke badly of him. I'm also pretty sure that they spoke badly of him because he was homosexual... and fat.

Edengoth
08-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Yes. They did badmouth him cuz of all that. But not the reason he killed em. "But that's not what I'm here to talk to you about. I wish to speak more of this war and your part in it. You'd give up your coin quick as can be knowing all to well it buys the deaths of thousands."
He kills the financiers of the war because it's his part in the Templar plot to end the war under the Templar banner. The guests at his party were rich and influential.

FROGGEman2
08-31-2009, 03:03 AM
OK, thnx XD

...also, no offence was intended, Edengoth.

Edengoth
08-31-2009, 09:36 AM
None taken! You were just pointing out part of the story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif