PDA

View Full Version : who is Erudito? (might be spoilers)

superbalex
11-04-2010, 01:40 PM
just wondering.. who is this Erudito guy on project legacy really? been thinking about it and i think its gabe.. not sure tho.. anyone who got an idea?

superbalex
11-04-2010, 01:40 PM
just wondering.. who is this Erudito guy on project legacy really? been thinking about it and i think its gabe.. not sure tho.. anyone who got an idea?

Deathgrim666
11-04-2010, 01:47 PM
in the memories they talked about him, don't remember who he is thou.

magesupermaster
11-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Probably a former Abstergo employee that has gone into hiding and wants to hinder Abstergo's work.
Or an undercover assassin..

SlimeDynamiteD
11-04-2010, 01:54 PM
I think it's someone like Subject 16. You got no clue who he is but he's there and he's a good guy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sparty2020
11-04-2010, 01:58 PM
A descendant of Perotto since that guy is talked about alot.

superbalex
11-04-2010, 02:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
I think it's someone like Subject 16. You got no clue who he is but he's there and he's a good guy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i dont think it could be subject 16.. since he's related to Desmond.. and in project legacy your an abstergo recruit

SlimeDynamiteD
11-04-2010, 02:05 PM
someone LIKE Subject 16, I didn't say it was Subject 16

superbalex
11-04-2010, 02:57 PM
ah ;D my bad then.. sry

BK-110
11-04-2010, 03:05 PM
An Assassin, former subject or former Abstergo employee who hacks into their systems to hinder their work, most likely.

Probably not 16, he's probably too freaked out due to the bleeding effect, but who knows, he might have become sane again.

SWJS
11-04-2010, 04:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">An Assassin, former subject or former Abstergo employee who hacks into their systems to hinder their work, most likely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He actually HELPS the person in the DDS system complete their works, so he's helping Abstergo emplyees.

What makes you guys think Erudito is an Assassin? He's clearly helping Abstergo.

I think it may be some kind of AI, or Animus 1.28 program designed to assist DDS users.

thekyle0
11-04-2010, 04:04 PM
"Erudito" is Spanish for "one of multiple vocations" or "one belonging to several disciplines". That's at least the way I learned it. I double checked on Google translator and they identified it as a "scholar". I don't speak Italian, but according to Google translator Erudito is means the same thing in Italian. Not surprising, considering how similar the two languages are.

magesupermaster
11-04-2010, 04:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">An Assassin, former subject or former Abstergo employee who hacks into their systems to hinder their work, most likely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He actually HELPS the person in the DDS system complete their works, so he's helping Abstergo emplyees.

What makes you guys think Erudito is an Assassin? He's clearly helping Abstergo.

I think it may be some kind of AI, or Animus 1.28 program designed to assist DDS users. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I forgot he helps us..
But it make me think so because he showed us a memorey which Abstergo didn't want us to see.

SWJS
11-04-2010, 04:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But it make me think so because he showed us a memorey which Abstergo didn't want us to see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is Abstergo we're talking about. The Templars, the masterminds behind the manipulation of modern history. they probably showed it to us as a test to see if we were "worthy".

Abstergo's also the classic example of an Evil Corporation, so I can pretty much read them like a book. :P

magesupermaster
11-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Yeah, you are right. They are fully flashed out as a corporte giant and an evil organization..

andrei_leading
11-04-2010, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
"Erudito" is Spanish for "one of multiple vocations" or "one belonging to several disciplines". That's at least the way I learned it. I double checked on Google translator and they identified it as a "scholar". I don't speak Italian, but according to Google translator Erudito is means the same thing in Italian. Not surprising, considering how similar the two languages are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah in another words can bee "wise man".He appears to be Shaun to me.

BK-110
11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:

I think it may be some kind of AI, or Animus 1.28 program designed to assist DDS users. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thing is, he shows you what Abstergo does not want you to see. You're continuously told not to communicate with him and to avoid the memories he unlocks. It seems that he is unlocking memories that show the side of things that Abstergo does not want its subjects to see.

AbstergosTool
11-04-2010, 06:14 PM

I don't think that he'd be helping Abstergo, because with the Erudito network (on the gamestop FB page) the description says "work for Abstergo, report to us"

btw does anyone know what happens if you report his emails as a security breach?

dchil279
11-04-2010, 08:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AbstergosTool:

I don't think that he'd be helping Abstergo, because with the Erudito network (on the gamestop FB page) the description says "work for Abstergo, report to us"

btw does anyone know what happens if you report his emails as a security breach? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry, but what game does this happen in? did i miss something?

CNightingale
11-04-2010, 08:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> sorry, but what game does this happen in? did i miss something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Project Legacy on Facebook.

G4brielF0x
11-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Alright. Just perused the back and forth a small amount. Looked it up on wiki BEFORE reading this out of curiosity myself, and this is what I can gather.

Erudito = Scholar/Learned One in Italian.
Therefore Erudito network = A network of scholars.
Now in Assassin's Creed 2 we are made aware that there are those that are hackers and/or exceptionally intelligent that act as guides and information gatherers. In other terms these men and women would be called Scholars. SO... Erudito is not a who in the singular sense but in the plural phrasing of the word.
Also. I noticed someone thought it was Subject 16. I'd somewhat believe it if he weren't DEAD and I hadn't found out what Erudito means! Now... I'm not denying that in the sci-fi realm it is not unheard of to literally write ones memory and being into a computer... I do however not believe that that is necessarily the case. It just doesn't add up though.

Hope that clears some of the confusion up.

G4brielF0x
11-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Also for those that want the reference materials HERE THEY ARE:

Subject 16:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Subject_16
Suicide

Italian meaning of Erudito:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/erudito

Also for those interested Abstergo is Latin for:
To wipe off or clean away, most likely a reference to their desire to cleanse the world and change it to what they want it to be.

Balorion
11-15-2010, 03:30 AM
I thought it was obvious that Shaun was Erudito, and that by passing information to him, you were reporting information about Abstergo's DDS program to the assassins, while keeping Abstergo in the dark.

Justin125
11-15-2010, 03:34 AM
****SPOILER ABOUT ASSASSINS CREED BROTHERHOOD****
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Erudito is in Assassins Creed Brotherhood wjen you want to access your e-mail in your deleted messages you have a message from erudito saying "stay in the loop" with passwords to lucy, shaun, and rebeccas email
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
**** END OF SPOILER****

obliviondoll
11-15-2010, 03:49 AM
***MAJOR (not) SPOILER FOR THE FUTURE OF THE ASSASSIN'S CREED SERIES!!!!***

Erudito is actually an in-game representation of Jade Raymond. She was a Templar spy trying to corrupt the Assassin's message in the games, and now she's working for Abstergo in a more direct manner.

***(fake) SPOILER END***

P.S. Don't take me seriously. Please?

Sparty2020
11-15-2010, 04:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
P.S. Don't take me seriously. Please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>OMG he spoiled the story for AC 6.5! Quick, grab your pitchforks and torches http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

ibn-al-ahad
11-15-2010, 05:54 AM
I think its Rebecca. C`mon, shes got mad Assassins-hacker skills. We know shes good with computers. also, the way Erudito talks. Kind of like... i dont know, spicy? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PhiIs1618033
11-15-2010, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G4brielF0x:

Subject 16:
Suicide

To wipe off or clean away, most likely a reference to their desire to cleanse the world and change it to what they want it to be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Abstergo is more or less used in the context of 'kidnapping'. You were correct in your first two meanings, but it also carries a sense of 'to make something disappear'. I find it funny that they named it 'abstergo' (I make something disappear) instead of something like 'abstergunt' (they make something disappear). Guess 'abstergo' sounds better. :P

Erudito also means 'educated' or 'knowing a lot', I thought?

G4brielF0x
11-15-2010, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G4brielF0x:

Subject 16:
Suicide

To wipe off or clean away, most likely a reference to their desire to cleanse the world and change it to what they want it to be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Abstergo is more or less used in the context of 'kidnapping'. You were correct in your first two meanings, but it also carries a sense of 'to make something disappear'. I find it funny that they named it 'abstergo' (I make something disappear) instead of something like 'abstergunt' (they make something disappear). Guess 'abstergo' sounds better. :P

Erudito also means 'educated' or 'knowing a lot', I thought? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be other ways of saying Scholar and Learned one, yes. Essentially anything having to do with "one that is wise" would work, so Professor, Master (in the martial fighting terminology as an example of that), even names like Shaman can be attributed to it's meaning. (sorry if I'm coming across as a know-it-all, I'm actually a writer and as such like to know multiple ways of saying the same thing).
Also thanks for the clarification on Abstergo's meaning. I honestly had only briefly browsed for it out of curiosity, I suppose that the person I read from thought similarly to myself and used another phrase that wasn't necessarily an accurate meaning, but still along the same principles.

G4brielF0x
11-20-2010, 03:27 PM
*SPOILER!* No... seriously, it is.

I was wrong before about what I said I'd doubt they'd do. Finish the Truth in AC:B and you'll know as I do.

Talanatos
01-22-2011, 10:16 PM
I think that Erudito is someone outside Abstergo, that is trying to let Desmond know what is going on. A hacker or group of hackers, saying follow the white rabbit, take the blue pill or take the red pill. Crazy story line with so many possibilities. But loving it.

Ahbeenwaiting
01-23-2011, 01:24 AM
i honestly believe that Erudito is an odd name to put in a game...well..maybe..
it's because it is a possible anagram!

ERUDITO = UDITORE (Rearrange the letters!)

It's only missing an A...and with that A, we'd get Auditore.
Coincidence? I think not! MINDBLOWN. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TheSpectator
01-23-2011, 02:54 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Eziolala
01-23-2011, 03:05 AM
On the Assassin's Creed Wiki it just says he was aware of what Abstergo was up to.

*SPOILERS FOR AC:B*

I don't know if it would be one of the team, wouldn't it be weird for one of them to give Desmond the password to their own email account, plus everyone elses? I guess it's possible though.

*END SPOILERS*

Masta_Pain
01-23-2011, 04:46 AM

I think it may be some kind of AI, or Animus 1.28 program designed to assist DDS users. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm pretty sure in Project Legacy you are playing as an Assassin who is undercover at Abstergo.

Ahbeenwaiting
01-25-2011, 05:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Masta_Pain:

I think it may be some kind of AI, or Animus 1.28 program designed to assist DDS users. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm pretty sure in Project Legacy you are playing as an Assassin who is undercover at Abstergo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And how are you sure of that? What's your evidence?

Steelbadger
01-26-2011, 03:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ahbeenwaiting:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Masta_Pain:

I think it may be some kind of AI, or Animus 1.28 program designed to assist DDS users. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm pretty sure in Project Legacy you are playing as an Assassin who is undercover at Abstergo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And how are you sure of that? What's your evidence? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not exactly. You play an Abstergo employee with no knowledge of the fact that Abstergo is the templars and no knowledge of Abstergo's aims. Erudito takes an interest in you because you get deeper into the memories than any of the other subjects and so he opens up a few extra memories, hidden from you by Abstergo, to attempt to open your eyes to the things Abstergo is intentionally keeping hidden from you.

Needless to say... ****SPOILERS****

I think the idea is that Erudito is trying to get you to doubt Abstergo's line (He becomes inpressed if you start to take his side in the questionnaires, though suggests you should be more careful). It seems to me that he's grooming you to be an agent in place. But that you're not one at the beginning.

As to his identity I'm going to go out on a limb:

Giovanni Borgia has retrieved one of the crystal skulls (I think AC1 said Abstergo had 13 of them and that they're quantum-entanglement instant communications devices) and in the next bit of the story takes it to Bombastus (Paracelsus). Paracelsus is classic assassin material "The dose makes the poison", "Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself". He also conducted research into the Philosopher's Stone. Which, by some accounts, would be able to create the Elixir of Life.

So we've got a few things going on:

1) Giovanni Borgia, experiences visions of past assassins and has an 'imaginary friend' in Consus. Which happens to be the name of the roman god of the harvest (who had his altar buried beneath the Circus Maximus, the counterpart to the Colosseum) and closely related to Poseidon, the greek god of the sea and founder of Atlantis. Also has an impressive ability to control the artefacts he comes into contact with. According to our history books Giovanni died in anonymity.

2) Bombastus, or Paracelsus. An alchemist, philosopher and astrologer. Who's motto was almost exactly that for which the assassins stood. And who is said to have coined a phrase rather similar to Leonardo's explanation of picking up poison at a doctor in AC2. Who also, for a time, sought the Philosopher's Stone. The source of the elixir of life, a draught capable of keeping someone alive indefinitely.

3) The ones who came before expressed a fear of death (while Desmond is jumping around the church at the end); they can delay it's advance, but not defeat it. Is the ability to delay the advance from something like the elixir of life? Or could they not produce that elixir and instead prolonged their lives with normal but advanced medicine (or the shroud?).

4) And then we have Erudito. Who seems to know an awful lot, and doesn't seem to be a part of the known assassin hierarchy (why would a senior member of the assassins want Desmond to spy on his assassin bros? From the Abstergo site we can be pretty certain that Shaun and Rebecca at the very least are loyal assassins and there certainly doesn't seem to be any suspicion directed at Lucy) but also works against Abstergo, from what we see of him during Project Legacy.

I think Giovanni Borgia is Erudito, I think he has access to the Elixir of Life and information that caused him to part ways with the Assassins. My faintest suspicion is that Those Who Came Before are not as benevolent as they'd suggest, that they're simply using both the assassins and the templars to achieve their goal of true eternal life. Erudito is trying to stop both sides from progressing their plans.

I realise it's all pretty crackpot I realise, but thats the problem with AC theory-craft. The STORY is pretty crackpot itself without us weighing in.

****End of Spoilers****

Fairus60
01-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Do you guys remember in AC1, one of Vidic`s emails, a guy claiming to have seen what abstergo did with a Piece of Eden, a whole massacre? What if this guy since then, begun his own crusade againts Abstergo, calling himself Erudito and affecting Abstergo in every way possible?
Seems pausible to me

Ahbeenwaiting
01-26-2011, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ahbeenwaiting:
i honestly believe that Erudito is an odd name to put in a game...well..maybe..
it's because it is a possible anagram!

ERUDITO = UDITORE (Rearrange the letters!)

It's only missing an A...and with that A, we'd get Auditore.
Coincidence? I think not! MINDBLOWN. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@very very good point. I really like your theory!
However don't you think my last post is a bit odd?

crewjew92
01-27-2011, 10:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steelbadger:

And how are you sure of that? What's your evidence? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not exactly. You play an Abstergo employee with no knowledge of the fact that Abstergo is the templars and no knowledge of Abstergo's aims. Erudito takes an interest in you because you get deeper into the memories than any of the other subjects and so he opens up a few extra memories, hidden from you by Abstergo, to attempt to open your eyes to the things Abstergo is intentionally keeping hidden from you.

Needless to say... ****SPOILERS****

I think the idea is that Erudito is trying to get you to doubt Abstergo's line (He becomes inpressed if you start to take his side in the questionnaires, though suggests you should be more careful). It seems to me that he's grooming you to be an agent in place. But that you're not one at the beginning.

As to his identity I'm going to go out on a limb:

Giovanni Borgia has retrieved one of the crystal skulls (I think AC1 said Abstergo had 13 of them and that they're quantum-entanglement instant communications devices) and in the next bit of the story takes it to Bombastus (Paracelsus). Paracelsus is classic assassin material "The dose makes the poison", "Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself". He also conducted research into the Philosopher's Stone. Which, by some accounts, would be able to create the Elixir of Life.

So we've got a few things going on:

1) Giovanni Borgia, experiences visions of past assassins and has an 'imaginary friend' in Consus. Which happens to be the name of the roman god of the harvest (who had his altar buried beneath the Circus Maximus, the counterpart to the Colosseum) and closely related to Poseidon, the greek god of the sea and founder of Atlantis. Also has an impressive ability to control the artefacts he comes into contact with. According to our history books Giovanni died in anonymity.

2) Bombastus, or Paracelsus. An alchemist, philosopher and astrologer. Who's motto was almost exactly that for which the assassins stood. And who is said to have coined a phrase rather similar to Leonardo's explanation of picking up poison at a doctor in AC2. Who also, for a time, sought the Philosopher's Stone. The source of the elixir of life, a draught capable of keeping someone alive indefinitely.

3) The ones who came before expressed a fear of death (while Desmond is jumping around the church at the end); they can delay it's advance, but not defeat it. Is the ability to delay the advance from something like the elixir of life? Or could they not produce that elixir and instead prolonged their lives with normal but advanced medicine (or the shroud?).

4) And then we have Erudito. Who seems to know an awful lot, and doesn't seem to be a part of the known assassin hierarchy (why would a senior member of the assassins want Desmond to spy on his assassin bros? From the Abstergo site we can be pretty certain that Shaun and Rebecca at the very least are loyal assassins and there certainly doesn't seem to be any suspicion directed at Lucy) but also works against Abstergo, from what we see of him during Project Legacy.

I think Giovanni Borgia is Erudito, I think he has access to the Elixir of Life and information that caused him to part ways with the Assassins. My faintest suspicion is that Those Who Came Before are not as benevolent as they'd suggest, that they're simply using both the assassins and the templars to achieve their goal of true eternal life. Erudito is trying to stop both sides from progressing their plans.

I realise it's all pretty crackpot I realise, but thats the problem with AC theory-craft. The STORY is pretty crackpot itself without us weighing in.

****End of Spoilers**** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DUDE you have made the most sense so far. It's obviously not Rebecca or Shawn because he gives you everyone's passwords in the Sanctuary in ACB, and Giovanni was mentioned a lot without any real indication as to what was going to happen to him, and then it just stops after he and Bombastus discover the Philosopher's stone. He's obviously closely connected with the Assassins, and if he's not Giovanni then he's just another assassin, because no one else would fit.