PDA

View Full Version : New BUGs (4.04m)

Tater-SW-
09-01-2006, 11:42 PM
I just noticed a bug I hadn't seen before. When AI planes land and park, they stay there normally. That's fine.

The moment they are shot at, the start to bounce on the ground. Not just when being shot, but constantly bouncing and spinning around. This never happened before 4.04, does it still happen in 4.05?

This technique or allowing a few "real" planes to land makes strafing missions far more interesting, but it is pretty goofy when a B-17D bounces so much it flips onto its nose.

I also noticed that "parked" AI seaplanes now bounce and spin in place even without being shot at (set to TO waypoint with zero fuel, seaplanes will remain in the water)

tater

Tater-SW-
09-01-2006, 11:42 PM
I just noticed a bug I hadn't seen before. When AI planes land and park, they stay there normally. That's fine.

The moment they are shot at, the start to bounce on the ground. Not just when being shot, but constantly bouncing and spinning around. This never happened before 4.04, does it still happen in 4.05?

This technique or allowing a few "real" planes to land makes strafing missions far more interesting, but it is pretty goofy when a B-17D bounces so much it flips onto its nose.

I also noticed that "parked" AI seaplanes now bounce and spin in place even without being shot at (set to TO waypoint with zero fuel, seaplanes will remain in the water)

tater

FritzGryphon
09-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Not really new. I've seen that happen in older versions of PF.

Tater-SW-
09-02-2006, 08:59 AM
If it happened before, I've not seen it, and I make loads of test mission with ground attack to test low alt stuff (particularly AI dropping parafrags). This bug now happens with ever single aircraft if they are hit with anything.

tater

orkan_3d
09-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Old as IL2.

Tater-SW-
09-02-2006, 06:32 PM
I've tested many many airfields in the past to make more realistic airfield interdiction missions. I have to admit, most have been populated with japanese aircraft, and when I did the same for russian and german planes whay back when, I used the old tweak the waypoints to "park" AI planes on the ground trick without having to have them land at all. I have never seen this behavior regularly. Sure, I might strafe a plane, and it falls over on one side and spins around, but this is very different. The slightest 30 cal ping, and all the planes BOUNCE. Really bounce, like a B-17 will end up tail up on it's nose after being hit by a single 30 cal round from a ki-43-Ia.

The test that got me to post this was using the singapore map, and american planes (P-40B, P-40E, B-17D) as targets. All the planes with gunners were set to empty loadouts.

I just did a test using the NG map and IJN aircraft. I landed 4 a6m2-21s, 2 Kates (empty), and 2 vals (default). I straged all of them as lightly as possible. I hit every one in 2 passes. Only 1 A6M bounced (tail wheel leaving ground). Switched the planes for 2xb-17E (empty), 2xSBD-3 (empty), and 2xTBF(default). Strafed them. None bounced.

I wonder if it is plane dependant... I'll swap planes in my NG mission and see what happens, and I might try planes that don't bounce in NG, and see if it is map dependant and they do so on singapore.

I have also played around with all the seaplanes and float planes, and until this mission on singapore map, I have never once seen a seaplane spin in the water, much less every one I place with zero fuel.

tater

Tater-SW-
09-02-2006, 10:25 PM
This is absolutely new. I just checked an old mission I did even before PF. After PF was out, I altered it. I have flown it many many times, it is an attack on seaplanes (PBYs (PBN, really)) with their tenders. The PBYs rotate in place now, they NEVER did that before. Never.

tater