PDA

View Full Version : Saitek X52 button 30

RAF__Swede51
03-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Hello
Well I haven't been flying for a while and just got some time for a session last night and ran into a problem with button #30, the one just under your LEFT thumb centered in the side rotary wheel.

I'm not using any software, just mapping in game.

I first noticed this button not activating 'wheel brakes' in 1946 which is what the button has been mapped to since I've had the stick. The button shows up in Joystick Calibration as working Ok, but when I try to map it in game it will not set a key, and when pushing the button in game it causes the LED centered in the HAT on the RIGHT joystick to flash rapidly. I have since discovered button 30 does not map in FS9 either, but will also show up in the Joystick Calibration as working.

I searched around some other forums for this specific issue and found it has something to do with a 'clutch' feature..? In Joystick Properties I found a Clutch feature which was UNCHECKED.

I did try the Registry deletion that was recommended at the Saitek forum that solved other issues.

I checked the PINS at each end of the communication cable, they look good.
Running XP SP3

Anyway your thoughts on this are appreciated.

RAF__Swede51
03-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Hello
Well I haven't been flying for a while and just got some time for a session last night and ran into a problem with button #30, the one just under your LEFT thumb centered in the side rotary wheel.

I'm not using any software, just mapping in game.

I first noticed this button not activating 'wheel brakes' in 1946 which is what the button has been mapped to since I've had the stick. The button shows up in Joystick Calibration as working Ok, but when I try to map it in game it will not set a key, and when pushing the button in game it causes the LED centered in the HAT on the RIGHT joystick to flash rapidly. I have since discovered button 30 does not map in FS9 either, but will also show up in the Joystick Calibration as working.

I searched around some other forums for this specific issue and found it has something to do with a 'clutch' feature..? In Joystick Properties I found a Clutch feature which was UNCHECKED.

I did try the Registry deletion that was recommended at the Saitek forum that solved other issues.

I checked the PINS at each end of the communication cable, they look good.
Running XP SP3

Anyway your thoughts on this are appreciated.

Sooocool
03-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Hi Swede, the first thing you should do when having an X52 issue is to go to Start / All Programs / Saitek / Manual ( in your language), and read the PDF.
Maybe this might be quicker though, plug in X52 / Click X52 Icon / Control Panel / MFD / There you can tick the “Enable Clutch Mode), and/or the “Latched Clutch Button”.
Good Luck!

RAF__Swede51
03-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Hiya
I'm assuming that what you suggest is the same thing as going into the IL-2 Setup\Joystick\Properties\Properties\MFD\Latched Clutch Button\Check or Uncheck?.. I'm assuming it should be Unchecked. I tried this both ways.

Sooocool
03-27-2010, 07:16 PM
I didn’t go to IL2 Setup to do this and I’m no expert on these things, but, I would suggest, first make sure your X52 is plugged in, then, go to Windows Update and select “Custom”.
If you are not already using the latest driver, it should be there for you to download or maybe just go to Saitek.com, it’s been a long time for me.
Once you’re convinced that you have the latest driver, I strongly suggest that you click on the X52 icon in your lower right tool bar / Control Panel / About / Then click the link to the SST Programming Software.
It will be a bit of a hassle but when you are done you can make Profiles that you can change in game on the fly and make those buttons do what you want them to do including Macros. It will be a little frustrating at first but you’ll get the hang of it. If I can do it anybody can.
Good Luck!

RAF__Swede51
03-28-2010, 02:22 AM
Well I went to MS Update and that was no help. But I did go to the Saitek site and d/l their recommended driver and after installing that all is good! It even provided an additional check box that wasn't there before. Now button 30 is just another button like it used to be.
Thanks for the help. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RaceguyOSU
03-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Hello everyone. I too have an X52, the non Pro version. To help me remember what each button does I created a profile form. Help yourself here at my site.

Ed

http://www.ohioraceguy.com/pacific_fighters.html

RAF__Swede51
03-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Hey Ed
Very cool idea..Thanks!
Fire D is called button 10 in game
Fire B is called button 2 in game etc.. I'm going to include what the game calls each button so I have a more dynamic reference. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Defender16
07-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Hi there. I've been using a regular Saitek X52 as well and was having similar problems with button 30 along with button 31. While they both lit up in the profile screen they didn't function in any game I've played. They always did the same thing, causing the buttons on the stick to light up.
After following the advice here in the thread about the enable clutch mode I was happy to find that button 30 now worked.

Unfortunately Button 6 now no longer works in game. Even by unselecting the clutch option I haven't been able to get it to work. I'll keep trying things.

Bearcat99
07-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Do yourselves a huge favor and read the manual and start trying to learn the profiling software.. What you are doing now is equivalent to having a muscle car and only driving it 3 miles to work and back Mon - Fri. You may need to rething your profile settings as well .. but with all the possible commands in IL2 and the versatility of the SST software.... you are missing out.