PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a squad and how to make it name show up in MP?

MichaelMar
10-24-2004, 07:41 AM
I like to make a squad and was wondering how to do it. I see no listed information about making a squad so I turn to this forum for help.

THX

VW-IceFire
10-24-2004, 08:53 AM
There really isn't anything special setup for making squads. Guys just get together, agree to name themselves based on a certain naming convention and then fly together with relatively differing degress of cohesion.

My squadron uses squadron number, rank, and then name. So my name on HyperLobby is: No92sqnWC_Ice

LuckyBoy1
10-24-2004, 09:13 AM
What you do is hang around HyperLobby until you find a guy or two that you can impress with your knowledge of the game. Then you get them to follow you around and act alike obedient AI planes that sacrifice themselves for the sake of their leader getting points. Then, later, when you get bored with the game, you can blame them for your squad not being "a bad@ssed squad". Sound like a plan?

Sorry, I'm sure you're not like that, but to those considering joining a squad, know this...

There is a much larger demand out there for Indians than there is for Chiefs!

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
10-24-2004, 09:13 AM
You could always try looking here

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=400102&f=48310655

Maybe you will find some one in your locality you can hook up with ?

antifreeze
10-24-2004, 11:35 AM
From the title, I don't think MM wants to know how to form an actual squad. I think he maybe wants to add a 'Regiment' (and regiment-badge / nose-art) to the lists in the game?

They are kept in the 'PaintSchemes/Regiment' folder. The simplest way to do it, without messing about with TGA and MAT files is this:

You need your regiment badge to be either 64x64 pixels or 256x256 pixels. It must be .bmp (bitmap) format and must be 256 colour palette. Save it with the name 'MySquad_ru.bmp'

You need to create a text file with exactly the following lines...

country = RU
id = ZZ
gruppeNumber = 1
short = <Squad Name>
info = <Squad Name>

Save the text file as 'MySquad_ru.txt'. Then edit the name to 'MySquad_ru'.

Put both these files into your Regiments folder.
Now in multiplayer, when you select Russia as a country, you will see 'MySquad' listed. Choose it and fly, and you will see your badge on the side of the plane.

What if you want the regiment and badge available for other countries? Eg. Germany?
Copy and rename the files to 'MySquad_de' and 'MySquad_de.bmp'. Open up the text file and change the 'country' parameter to 'DE'. Save the file.

So you need to have a text file for each country you want to fly as, each with a modified 'country' parameter in the text file. And then you also need a corresponding badge file for each text file.

You can of course name the files as you like, but the naming convention given above helps you when you want to edit them. You of course replace '<Squad Name>' with the name of your squad; this is the name that shows in the lists.
I don't know what 'id' and 'gruppeNumber' do. They never show up on the plane or anywhere else that I've seen. I just leave them at the defaults (ZZ and 1).

BM357_Raven
10-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Don't do it! Too much work!

Just kidding.. (not the too much work part, though)