PDA

View Full Version : PL Giovanni Borgia 1542

AntiChrist7
03-06-2011, 05:42 AM
The last chapter of the rome section, you have the memory of giovanni where he looks into the skull and sees a chinese man. Anyone knows how this relates to history? Cause in 1542 the japanese had their first contact with europeans, but i doubt that's what they are hinting at...

swiftkinfe
03-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Google some history thats rather close to the time period.Wasnt china dealing with pirates a bit later though?

TwentyGlyphs
03-07-2011, 08:41 PM
I think I just figured out who Giovanni Borgia sees in the crystal skull. It's Emperor Jiajing of China, who ruled from 1507 to 1567. I was playing the first memories of Rome Chapter 4 and got a mnemonic called "Quetzalcoatl." It reminded me of Subject 16's writing on the bedroom wall from the end of the first game: "Within Emperor Jiajing's sin and Quetzcoalt's hunger lies the answers." Quetzalcoatl (misspelled by Subject 16) was an Aztec god, but also a priestly title. The clue could be referring to the priest who had the skull.

Giovanni sees the Chinese man in the skull in 1542 and then alerts his fellow Assassins. In October 1542 an assassination plot was attempted and failed against Emperor Jiajing of China. Guess we know who was behind that.

I'm thinking the skull didn't work for Giovanni all those years because there was no one with another one for him to communicate with. Incidentally, we know Abstergo has several skulls in 2012 from an email in the first game.

Based on Bombastus' reaction to the skull and saying it looked dead and may have once been alive, I wonder if the 13 crystal skulls often cited as part of the legend are really the skulls of the last surviving Those Who Came Before. They are rather pale-skinned from what we've seen of them. This would seem to rip off Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but this may have been part of the AC mythology well before that movie ever came out.

rob.davies2014
12-03-2011, 05:53 PM
I think you're spot on here.
It was most likely the failed assassination of Emperor Jiajing and the following execution of the conspirators and their families which Giovanni saw and planned to tell the other Assassins about.
I think that your theory of the Crystal Skulls being the remains of Those Who Came Before is quite interesting, we'll have to wait and see... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Eregost
12-03-2011, 05:55 PM
When does this happen? Who is Giovanni Borgia?

rob.davies2014
12-03-2011, 06:06 PM
It's in Chapter 4 of the rome Set in Project Legacy. Memory name - Vision.

LightRey
12-04-2011, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Eregost:
When does this happen? Who is Giovanni Borgia?
Giovanni Borgia, The Child of Rome, was the illegitimate son of Lucrezia and an Assassin called Perotto Calderon and really existed (though irl his ancestry will likely have been different, possibly being the child of Cesare and/or Lucrezia).

He's come in contact with a number of PoE's.