PDA

View Full Version : A way out of the Animus after the Brotherhood Story

ZigJamFox
07-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Okay, so I was just goofing around after playing the story in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and I stumbled upon a way to leave the Animus. When I left the Animus, I found myself in Monteriggioni. I went inside of the sanctuary only to find it deserted with Lucy, Rebecca, and Shaun all missing, along with the Animus and all of their equipment. I continued to explore the city, and eventually came to the back of the Villa Auditore. When I got there, I remembered the area where you make your first leap of faith as Desmond when trying to find your way into the sanctuary. When you are playing the game, it seems that a member of your group has put caution tape over the gap, therefore preventing you from jumping off of the plank and leaving the city, but when I went there, the tape was gone, and I was able to jump off and out of the city. I was then able to run around the surrounding countryside outside of Monteriggioni. I then turned my Xbox 360 off and back on, scared that I had somehow broken the game, but when I turned it back on I was playing as Ezio again back inside of the Animus in Rome. I then retraced my steps and was able to leave the Animus again.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them, and if they know of anything special to do outside of Monteriggioni. Was this programmed by Ubisoft for curious players? Any input is appreciated.

ZigJamFox
07-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Okay, so I was just goofing around after playing the story in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and I stumbled upon a way to leave the Animus. When I left the Animus, I found myself in Monteriggioni. I went inside of the sanctuary only to find it deserted with Lucy, Rebecca, and Shaun all missing, along with the Animus and all of their equipment. I continued to explore the city, and eventually came to the back of the Villa Auditore. When I got there, I remembered the area where you make your first leap of faith as Desmond when trying to find your way into the sanctuary. When you are playing the game, it seems that a member of your group has put caution tape over the gap, therefore preventing you from jumping off of the plank and leaving the city, but when I went there, the tape was gone, and I was able to jump off and out of the city. I was then able to run around the surrounding countryside outside of Monteriggioni. I then turned my Xbox 360 off and back on, scared that I had somehow broken the game, but when I turned it back on I was playing as Ezio again back inside of the Animus in Rome. I then retraced my steps and was able to leave the Animus again.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them, and if they know of anything special to do outside of Monteriggioni. Was this programmed by Ubisoft for curious players? Any input is appreciated.

Moultonborough
07-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Odd. Where did you go to get out of the Animus though? After the main story there is no option to do so.

ZigJamFox
07-25-2011, 06:46 PM
@Moultonborough I did not actually "go" anywhere. I had already finished the story, so I went onto my brother's gamertag to play around, and I left the Animus to check emails, but then I got bored on his account, so while I was still out of the Animus, I hit the center button on the xbox 360 controller, the one that brings up the mini dashboard thing, and I hit the "X" button to sign out, and then I hit "X" again to sign in, and I went to my profile. I then pressed the middle button again to resume the game, and the screen slowly turned white, and the Animus load screen came up where you can run around and stuff. It then brought me to the game title screen, and I pushed start, went to story mode, and started my game where I already had the story completed. It brought me back to the Animus load screen, and when the game loaded I was Desmond, and I was standing outside of the Villa Auditore and did what I explained in my previous post.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-25-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm curious to see this. Is this something you can reproduce? If so, is it possible for you to create a recording that we can see?

Evan52395
07-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Can you make a video? That sounds really interesting. What's out there? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

ZigJamFox
07-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Sure, I am going to make a video tomorrow and try to post it on youtube and post a link.

Evan52395
07-25-2011, 07:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassin8657:
Sure, I am going to make a video tomorrow and try to post it on youtube and post a link. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
07-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Yes, thank you... this will be greatly appreciated.

LightRey
07-26-2011, 03:30 AM
That's strange. I wonder how that's even possible.

blazefp
07-26-2011, 06:51 AM
I really want to know how to do that in PS3

Poodle_of_Doom
07-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Hopefully, we'll have a video later today....

CRUDFACE
07-26-2011, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
That's strange. I wonder how that's even possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The second best glitch/slash fooling the system since that special way to take off all your armor in ACB except for the shoulder pauldrons.

Killingspray24
07-26-2011, 01:23 PM
I've made a video, here's the youtube link!

The assassin's Creed Brotherhood Bug. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v4EsE6Wv5c)

|
v Done.

ZigJamFox
07-26-2011, 02:17 PM
@Killingspray24, I would appreciate it if you would give credit to me in the credits for finding the glitch. Just like in the explanation or something say "as found by Asassins8657 or earlbedwas3 which is my Youtube Account. Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also, I am posting my own video on youtube right now, it is very bad quality as I had to record it with my cell phone camera, and there is a bit of a glare on the screen, but you should get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHmNR9IwXQc

blazefp
07-26-2011, 03:37 PM
this is gr8 but how can I do that in PS3? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ZigJamFox
07-26-2011, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
this is gr8 but how can I do that in PS3? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm really sorry but I am not sure. I only own an Xbox 360 so I cannot experiment with a PS3. Is there someway to change your profile during a game on the PS3?

blazefp
07-26-2011, 03:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassin8657:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
this is gr8 but how can I do that in PS3? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm really sorry but I am not sure. I only own an Xbox 360 so I cannot experiment with a PS3. Is there someway to change your profile during a game on the PS3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but it askes you to leave the game first :S I guess PS3 users won't be able to do that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

ZigJamFox
07-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Oh that sucks, keep trying I guess and get back to me if you find anything. I will try to get to a PS3 and try to find a way myself in the meantime.

LightRey
07-26-2011, 07:04 PM
It's pretty cool I suppose. Does this grant people the ability to collect the hidden artifacts after the end of the game? I heard some people hadn't gotten them all.

ZigJamFox
07-26-2011, 07:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
It's pretty cool I suppose. Does this grant people the ability to collect the hidden artifacts after the end of the game? I heard some people hadn't gotten them all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm....I haven't tried that yet. I will try it tomorrow and get back to you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
07-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Cool, could I ask you guys to exit via the front of the city, and explore around a bit more? I'd be curious to see how the rest of the game has changed as well. Is there anything you can interact with aside from climbing?

Evan52395
07-26-2011, 08:37 PM
How do you get back in afterwards? You just dashboard?

InfectedNation
07-27-2011, 03:16 AM
I can confirm this works as soon as you're into sequence 2 on the 2nd account http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifjust do exactly what he does in the video.

EDIT: Was heading towards outside of the front gate, when I fell through a rock for 200 metres before landing in water, LOL :')

ZigJamFox
07-27-2011, 07:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan52395:
How do you get back in afterwards? You just dashboard? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just press start and press quit and it brings you back to the title screen, and then when you start the game again you are Ezio.

ZigJamFox
07-27-2011, 07:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
Cool, could I ask you guys to exit via the front of the city, and explore around a bit more? I'd be curious to see how the rest of the game has changed as well. Is there anything you can interact with aside from climbing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will try to explore more, but as InfectedNation said, when I step in certain spots I fall under the map, but if I hug the wall of the castle as I run around it, I can get to the front gate. I guess certain places are safe, and others aren't. When you fall in the water, you can swim just like you normally would, but nothing seems to happen as far as you go, but Monteriggioni gets farther away.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-27-2011, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
Cool, could I ask you guys to exit via the front of the city, and explore around a bit more? I'd be curious to see how the rest of the game has changed as well. Is there anything you can interact with aside from climbing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will try to explore more, but as InfectedNation said, when I step in certain spots I fall under the map, but if I hug the wall of the castle as I run around it, I can get to the front gate. I guess certain places are safe, and others aren't. When you fall in the water, you can swim just like you normally would, but nothing seems to happen as far as you go, but Monteriggioni gets farther away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool beans. Thanks...

HECTORRAU7
07-27-2011, 01:26 PM
I tried this a couple of minutes ago and you can't go to the front gate (at least the way i tried), once you're close you just fall from the ground onto some sort of invisible water lake. I actually used the same method assassin8657 tried to get there, but it didn't work :S.
Besides that there doesn't seem to be anything different really, the houses outside are still there but they're unreacheable, the tunel entrance is accesible but its just a little cave since the underground villa is pretty much a different map.

Dizlol
07-27-2011, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The assassin's Creed Brotherhood Bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh wow Awesome!

twenty_glyphs
07-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Does the red footprint trail appear in Eagle Vision when you do this?

HECTORRAU7
07-27-2011, 04:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
Does the red footprint trail appear in Eagle Vision when you do this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, it's gone.

The sanctuary is empty and dark as hell, and i didn't check if it was possible to grab the "auditore items", but i don't think it is since theres no way to show how many have you got.

ZigJamFox
07-27-2011, 04:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HECTORRAU7:
I tried this a couple of minutes ago and you can't go to the front gate (at least the way i tried), once you're close you just fall from the ground onto some sort of invisible water lake. I actually used the same method assassin8657 tried to get there, but it didn't work :S.
Besides that there doesn't seem to be anything different really, the houses outside are still there but they're unreacheable, the tunel entrance is accesible but its just a little cave since the underground villa is pretty much a different map. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was able to make it to the front of the Villa by hugging the wall as closely as possible, I was jumping on the rock right by the wall. I don't know why you fall into the water when you try that. And I have not found anything to do outside of the villa but walk around (until the almost inevitable fall into water).

Poodle_of_Doom
07-27-2011, 04:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HECTORRAU7:
Besides that there doesn't seem to be anything different really, the houses outside are still there but they're unreacheable, the tunel entrance is accesible but its just a little cave since the underground villa is pretty much a different map. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was able to make it to the front of the Villa by hugging the wall as closely as possible, I was jumping on the rock right by the wall. I don't know why you fall into the water when you try that. And I have not found anything to do outside of the villa but walk around (until the almost inevitable fall into water). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this possible on the PS3 if you were to make two seperate identies on it?

roostersrule2
07-30-2011, 06:44 PM
I just tried this today and I fell in the lake but when ur playing as ezio isn't there a way to get up when this happens to him

LightRey
07-30-2011, 07:26 PM
The Monterriggioni you're in when you do this appears to be the Monterriggioni of when you get out of the Animus right after finishing the last memory sequence.

blazefp
07-31-2011, 04:02 AM
Can someone tell me what lake you are all talking about? I don't remember any lake in Monteriggioni

roostersrule2
07-31-2011, 04:07 AM
Can someone tell me what lake you are all talking about? I don't remember any lake in Monteriggioni </div></BLOCKQUOTE> exactly you fall through the ground into a lake under Monteriggioni it also happens sometimes in ac2 and acb with ezio and not just in Monteriggioni

blazefp
07-31-2011, 04:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
Can someone tell me what lake you are all talking about? I don't remember any lake in Monteriggioni </div></BLOCKQUOTE> exactly you fall through the ground into a lake under Monteriggioni it also happens sometimes in ac2 and acb with ezio and not just in Monteriggioni </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ok got it. That's weird

LightRey
07-31-2011, 06:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
Can someone tell me what lake you are all talking about? I don't remember any lake in Monteriggioni </div></BLOCKQUOTE> exactly you fall through the ground into a lake under Monteriggioni it also happens sometimes in ac2 and acb with ezio and not just in Monteriggioni </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ok got it. That's weird </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For some reason there's water under every map. Or at least the game interprets it as water. I don't think you can actually see water there (except for the splashes).

fuq_boi
11-17-2016, 11:41 PM
Hey mate I know this post was years ago but I just purchased the ezio collection for my xbox one and I'd like to see the glitch

joshoolhorst
11-18-2016, 08:31 AM
The link of the video doesn't work