PDA

View Full Version : Is assassins creed 3

assassin087
11-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Is assassins creed 3 going to be all about desmond or will we play as an anscestor using the animus again. If so do you have any suggestions what year and what location to play in. What kind of character would you want to play as.

assassin087
11-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Is assassins creed 3 going to be all about desmond or will we play as an anscestor using the animus again. If so do you have any suggestions what year and what location to play in. What kind of character would you want to play as.

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 06:53 PM
I don't think it will ALL be about Desmond just because you have to find "the decendant of eve". I think for this we will need to use the animous again to find the ancestors of this person and where she could be located. I don't know an aproximate time, but I think it will still be around Altair's and Ezio's time frame. For location, I think it will stay in the europe area, maybe spain or something like that. For the character, I don't know, as long as it isn't a female. It will definitely be Demonds decendant, so I am sure it will be another person like Altair or Ezio, but of course different and maybe some new gadgets.

It is really hard to speculate on this game. There is no other game like it.

AdzMofo
11-25-2010, 07:44 PM
I havea feeling it will be in Japan...although I have no idea when. Sumarais and assassins seem to have a lot in common, so it would be very easy to implement without it being insanely historically innaccurate.

Also at the end of ACI Subject 16's blood mentioned Japan (I think).

Although...there has been talk that it may be in France because of what Shaun said before Desmond stabbed Lucy ("That's a Phrygian cap and that's a Masonic eye...They only come together in one place..."). A lot of people assume he means France, although I'm not entirely sure why.

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Ok, I don't think it will be france. I did some research on the symbols and each one has different way of being shown and different meaning depending on the time line in history and religion.

Let's take a look at the "masonic eye" which really isn't a masonic eye. it is a the Eye of Providence, http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Eye_of_Providence, take a look here. Anything look familiar? It says that the familiar image is the Christian version of the Eye of Providence and represents the Trinity.. Hmmm? Lets dive in some more, the Trinity? Trinity means "a unity of three" http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Trinity

Lets now look at the Phrygian cap. According to Ancient Romans, the cap was a symbol of Liberty. In late Republican Rome, the cap served as a symbol of freedom from tyranny. hmm.. Now I also find the ties to revolutionary France and is probably why some people are saying France. It was first seen in France in 1790. It was worn by the Paris sans-culottes (an organization of poor people who were the only alternative to a radical family that was in charge. This grou led the way of the revolution.) Ok I can see why people say France now, but I am still not convinced.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrygian_cap

Now the reason I am not convinced it is France is because I can not find any reference to the Eye of Providence and French history. Only the Cap shows to be connected in both Roman and French history. Now If someone can find where BOTH of these things are found, then there ya go, the likely location to AC:3

slaro
12-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Everyone says that it will be France.
But the cap and the eye also were pretty big things in the American Revolution, so i won't be suprised, if we go to New York (not big), Boston, and Charleston haha. On the other hand, that places weren't realy developed in big urban places with much culture and history (a big thing in Assassins Creed), if AC ever goes to present day (what i don't hope right now at this moment far in the future) then New York etcetera are ok, France is possible. But don't rule out the American Revolution.

icyxyci1986
12-22-2010, 05:58 PM
American Revolution sounds good. There was that one glyph in AC2 where G. Washington had an PoE on him.

superhumangame
12-22-2010, 06:39 PM
ancient rome would really be cool but i hope they wont make a mordern assasins creed because assasins with guns wont have as good moves and really cool weapons as they do in ac1 and 2 but a game set in rome and then you would be able to travel by boat across to places like japan and get to the new world to find maybe the locations of the peices of eden like that holograph in ac1 all those places would be too much but some of the ones with interesting history like china mexico and japan

TheSpectator
12-22-2010, 07:38 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F..._of_Human_Rights.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifeclaration_of_Human_Rights.jpg)
The Masonic eye is up the top and the cap is sitting on top of the spear down the middle. It is as shaun said the only place where these two symbols come together.

All roads lead to France. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif
Leave it to the french to take their game to france. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

monoolho
12-22-2010, 10:53 PM
I personally don't like it, but all roads do lead there. It's the only plausible place, with all the guns, abilities and all the crap, some time around the french revolution is very likely too, really, after Italy, where can you go with a fitting time, fashion and all the feeling the AC games have? There's england but it's not as cool and not as interesting as the french revolution, not that it was not awesome (i personally love england and its history), but it would not feel right, you could go to any other country but it would not have the depth one expects an AC game to have.

I can't really think of any other good place to go, there are TONS of countries that could host an AC game, but it must be a perfect match of history, chronological order and feeling, one could go to egypt, but what would be there in the 1500-1700's ? Not enough. You could go to the ottoman empire, the same.

There are countless factors which must be accounted, even demographics, they could even do it in russia or the 13 colonies, but it would not feel right. You can't possibly go away from rome to go to 1700's boston or lisbon. There must be a possibility to evolve the current game, the game developers cannot afford to go back in time now because it would lose the double blade, the hidden gun and all that, and they cannot go to a place where all the current abilities would not feel right or would be halved.

There's also eastern asia, japan most likely, but I believe it was 16's memories only, not Desmond's, it COULD be good, but, uh... It really would not fit in with the game, plus, you would have to give up all the rad clothing and narcissism in japan, people did not wear big fancy white robes there and it would be so unfitting...

Then there's the fact they're french... And that when they first announced AC2, they were thinking about french revolution, so they obviously have expanded a great deal from that idea.

It's really the only plausible place to go after renaissance. France close to or during the revolution. Of course, that's MY belief.

QuantumSheep1
12-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Ezio is starting to bore me.. they need a new character in a new time period..

jeremy54321
12-23-2010, 01:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdzMofo:
I havea feeling it will be in Japan...although I have no idea when. Sumarais and assassins seem to have a lot in common, so it would be very easy to implement without it being insanely historically innaccurate.

Also at the end of ACI Subject 16's blood mentioned Japan (I think).

Although...there has been talk that it may be in France because of what Shaun said before Desmond stabbed Lucy ("That's a Phrygian cap and that's a Masonic eye...They only come together in one place..."). A lot of people assume he means France, although I'm not entirely sure why. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
there are other sources that say those two symbols come together on the american dollar bill, so #3 might take place in the US

harlekein
12-23-2010, 01:56 AM
Probably chauvinistic, but I think The Netherlands during the 80 year war against Spain would be a great setting as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighty_Years'_War

I think Rome during the Roman empire glory days would be fantastic. (As Brutus?) Or Feudal Japan. Sometime without guns is more suitable for the gameplay.

But heck, I won't complain. AC is a great concept and have enjoyed every installment greatly.

Inorganic9_2
12-23-2010, 04:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlizzardGhost:
Ezio is starting to bore me.. they need a new character in a new time period.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. Well, not that Ezio is boring me (because he's awesome), but there's only so much one man cna do in his life!

I really really hope this whole "Japan" thing isn't true though...