PDA

View Full Version : Why so many complaints about US airplanes...??



MB_Avro_UK
02-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Hi all,

Why are there so many complaints about the Lightening, Mustang and also the Thunderbolt?

Where are the complaints about other airplanes?

Bit confused here...

Best Regards,
MB_Avro.

MB_Avro_UK
02-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Hi all,

Why are there so many complaints about the Lightening, Mustang and also the Thunderbolt?

Where are the complaints about other airplanes?

Bit confused here...

Best Regards,
MB_Avro.

WWMaxGunz
02-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Of course nobody ever complains about 109's?

Bartender! I'll have what he's having!

berg417448
02-12-2007, 07:08 PM
I'd complain about the FW-190 but I can't see over that bar! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

PFflyer
02-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Because Red pilots are guttering girlie men who need some excuse for their poor performance.

Blues love their planes no matter what they fly like, they use their brains to make it work.

LStarosta
02-12-2007, 07:17 PM
And because PFflyer has 17 posts and is running his virtual mouth like he's LStarosta.

flox
02-12-2007, 07:56 PM
I think the title of this thread should be "Why so many complaints about Maddox(TM) airplanes?"

Udidtoo
02-12-2007, 08:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MB_Avro_UK:
Hi all,


Bit confused here...

Best Regards,
MB_Avro. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>


Ya, me too. Because other than in your title I've just read back thru page 3 and there is one other thread with U.S. planes and "complaints".

You that bored with the new patch already? Try flashier lures. The floating bristled "Spits new knewb cart" and ".50 Tiger buster" flies seem to work ok lately.

&gt;&gt; Walks off humming Tag's new remake of the Boston hit "More than a feeling" &lt;&lt;

VV_Holdenb
02-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Having flow Hurricanes and Mossie's and the occasional spit for a long time I tried the P51D for first time on-line last night http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif.

Not surprised there are a few questions on US aircraft going on my little experience! - Well it was good to be back to NooB status in a "new" ride. I fired the "cannons"; I was all over the place and couldn't hit anything. What's that all about, excessive recoil? I remember a thread a long time a go about not been able to hit a barn door because of shudders and shake etc, (couldn't find thread) is there a cure for it?, or do I have to reset or get a new joystick just to fly P51D in anger?

Breeze147
02-13-2007, 08:18 AM
OMG!! You have the WOBBLES!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Capt.LoneRanger
02-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Now I know where my wobbles went. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

joeap
02-13-2007, 09:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VV_Holdenb:
Having flow Hurricanes and Mossie's and the occasional spit for a long time I tried the P51D for first time on-line last night http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif.

Not surprised there are a few questions on US aircraft going on my little experience! - Well it was good to be back to NooB status in a "new" ride. I fired the "cannons"; I was all over the place and couldn't hit anything. What's that all about, excessive recoil? I remember a thread a long time a go about not been able to hit a barn door because of shudders and shake etc, (couldn't find thread) is there a cure for it?, or do I have to reset or get a new joystick just to fly P51D in anger? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What version do you have? there was a problem with asymmetrical recoil in older versions but it has been solved since 4.07 (and still solved in 4.08).

slappedsilly
02-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Fix the La for God's sake! Where's the darn laser beam?

VV_Holdenb
02-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Hi joeap.
My version is the latest and greatest
4.08 (I patched the 1946 DVD) I have no problems with "wobbles" (as it is termed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif) with Hurri, spitfire, Mossie but trying the P51D, hitting anything was a major challenge!

MrMojok
02-13-2007, 10:13 AM
That doesn't make sense... there is some shaking when you fire since 4.07, but it's more a visual effect and doesn't affect accuracy. And that same shake should be present in any plane.

Are you using a lot of rudder while shooting? Maybe try changing the curves on your joystick input for rudder, if you find yourself yawing around too much.

I have 0.0 hours flight time in Hurricanes and Spits since 4.03, so I don't know what they are like now.

The cure, for them what could apply it, for the wobbles was changing curves for elevator to lower settings and also making sure in config.ini each of the input axis lines has a "0" at the end. Some people noticed after a patch the one for elevator was mysteriously missing the "0". The wobble, or "Oingo-Boingo" as someone termed it, usually manifested itself as the nose of the plane bobbing up and down as you were firing. Is this what you are seeing?

BuzzU
02-13-2007, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PFflyer:
Because Red pilots are guttering girlie men who need some excuse for their poor performance.

Blues love their planes no matter what they fly like, they use their brains to make it work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be new here.

Manu-6S
02-13-2007, 02:11 PM
In my opinion because many people base airplane's performance mainly on pilot's accounts.

Luftwaffe pilots know that their planes can't turn with Spitfires or hurricanes and so they must learn to fight in vertical (not speaking about Rata and his friends). Many blue pilots whine about the performance compared to real tests (the famous 2-3 seconds turn time of Antons for example) or strange modelling issue (the bar or, in my case, the elevated elevator stiffness of late 109), but clearly know that a late 109 can't fight too long against late enemies since is not more a good performer. The same for late Antons against late US plane.

On the other side IMO many US pilots want to shot down enemy only because in the real WW2 pilots did this; They ignore the situations in which the fights were made, they still think that if a plane can shot down another plane the manily reason is because the first is a "better" plane.

Obviously I'm not speaking about every US pilot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Zoom2136
02-13-2007, 02:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VV_Holdenb:
Hi joeap.
My version is the latest and greatest
4.08 (I patched the 1946 DVD) I have no problems with "wobbles" (as it is termed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif) with Hurri, spitfire, Mossie but trying the P51D, hitting anything was a major challenge! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fly your plane with a bit to much nose down trim (nose heavy) that way it will have less of a tendency to wobble... works for the spits.... (the hurricain is a rock solid ride thought)

ElAurens
02-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Currently the biggest problem affecting US aircraft is the rather under performing F6F Hellcat. It is too slow across the board, and it's flight characteristics are very dubious at best. This is an aircraft with a very large wing area. It was known to be a docile aircraft that was very easy to transition to.

Certainly not the twitchy, stall happy, Grumman shaped object we have in the sim.

And I'm not saying it should out turn A6Ms either. Only a fool or a trim hacker goes more than a half a turn with a Zero.

VW-IceFire
02-13-2007, 02:46 PM
The most contentious planes are the US and German planes. They have been since version 1.0. Its a ego/perception of reality/history book thing. It doesn't matter how the real planes flew or how they fly in the game...the number of complaints is based on other values which actually mean very little to someone trying to do a realistic simulation but quite a bit to someone who was brought up reading some of the aviation books or watching history channel.

I know my own perceptions were challenged...most of mine were based on the books and Aces of the Pacific/Aces Over Europe of which the two games perpetuated the book information mostly because they couldn't do a real simulation like you can do now. Oleg's product matches the performance data much closer than any other game so far and listens to the "history books" (which typically gloss over details and miss things or perpetuate myths) only very little. This is good but we'll always have someone coming in wanting the Mustang to be the most amazing fighter ever invented that can stall fight its way to victory. I'm not saying that this sim is perfect either...its got bugs...and to be honest even in 15 years if Oleg or someone else is making a sim like this...its not going to match reality. Thats about the only truth that we can be assured of.

But the one thing I don't get...the Spitfire is a hot button issue but other British planes like the Hurricane and Mosquito are much lower on the radar. The Mossie is absolutely horrible but we haven't had a 10 pager with flames and tons of contradictory charts about it yet. We haven't had a good Hurricane thread since 1.0 (when they really were amazingly uber) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Manu-6S
02-13-2007, 02:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
But the one thing I don't get...the Spitfire is a hot button issue but other British planes like the Hurricane and Mosquito are much lower on the radar. The Mossie is absolutely horrible but we haven't had a 10 pager with flames and tons of contradictory charts about it yet. We haven't had a good Hurricane thread since 1.0 (when they really were amazingly uber) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't find trolls feeding and flaming those threads: USvsLuft is all another matter http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

MEGILE
02-13-2007, 03:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PFflyer:
Because Red pilots are guttering girlie men who need some excuse for their poor performance.

Blues love their planes no matter what they fly like, they use their brains to make it work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahaha

This guy gets a cookie

MB_Avro_UK
02-13-2007, 05:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
The most contentious planes are the US and German planes. They have been since version 1.0. Its a ego/perception of reality/history book thing. It doesn't matter how the real planes flew or how they fly in the game...the number of complaints is based on other values which actually mean very little to someone trying to do a realistic simulation but quite a bit to someone who was brought up reading some of the aviation books or watching history channel.

I know my own perceptions were challenged...most of mine were based on the books and Aces of the Pacific/Aces Over Europe of which the two games perpetuated the book information mostly because they couldn't do a real simulation like you can do now. Oleg's product matches the performance data much closer than any other game so far and listens to the "history books" (which typically gloss over details and miss things or perpetuate myths) only very little. This is good but we'll always have someone coming in wanting the Mustang to be the most amazing fighter ever invented that can stall fight its way to victory. I'm not saying that this sim is perfect either...its got bugs...and to be honest even in 15 years if Oleg or someone else is making a sim like this...its not going to match reality. Thats about the only truth that we can be assured of.

But the one thing I don't get...the Spitfire is a hot button issue but other British planes like the Hurricane and Mosquito are much lower on the radar. The Mossie is absolutely horrible but we haven't had a 10 pager with flames and tons of contradictory charts about it yet. We haven't had a good Hurricane thread since 1.0 (when they really were amazingly uber) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good post...especially about British planes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

And my father is Welsh...

Best Regards,
MB_Avro