PDA

View Full Version : The Wildcat Drivers did well against the Zekes online today.

Osirisx9
01-29-2005, 04:28 PM
I have to give credit when credit is due. It looks like some of you guys know how to Fly the Wildcat against the Zeke. We had a pretty decent turnout on the Zeke vs Wildcat server. Share your tactics so that the new guys can learn how to defeat the Zeke flying the Wildcat. Lets see if the Zeke drivers refine their tactics in the future.

RAF238thOsiris
www.warbirdsofprey.org (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org)

3.JG51_BigBear
01-29-2005, 05:08 PM
The Wildcat is almost easier to fly than the zero. The zero requires the pilot to have a constant 360 degree situational awareness at all times because its design limits it to low and slow flight. Down there its fairly easy to get trounced by an energy fighter. I've actually seen very few good zero pilots because so many flyers in the community got used to flying the German and American energy fighters.

In realy life I don't think that the Allies' early aerial defeats were due so much to poor equipment as to ignorance as to how to use the equipment and small numbers. The AVG proved just how well the right energy tactics could dominate over much lighter and far more nimble fighters.

EnGaurde
01-29-2005, 06:57 PM
i guess it waters down to the well proven fact that you must never fight your opponents fight.

make him fight yours.

the winner will be the wildcat or zero pilot who successfully achieves this.

or any plane within reason.

*edit* its eerie how, if you take away the energy characteristics of the wildcat ie damaged engine that the zeke will eat it for breakfast.

same with the zero... at high speed its maneouverability is negated, thus the wildcat wins.

isnt this what happened back in the day, out in that big scary place called The Real World?

perhaps the sim has some valid points... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Smidlee
01-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Even as a noob I enjoyed it. First time flying the Zekes online.

FF_Trozaka
01-30-2005, 05:49 AM
I enjoy this type of server 1 plane vs 1 plane. I liked the zeke vs p40 server when it ran for a while, too. thanks for putting it up.
S!