PDA

View Full Version : How do you do the flying stab? Also funny story...

Stiler
11-15-2007, 08:37 PM
This is the only thing I'm having trouble with. If you are perched above your target (guard or whatever) not too high and have him locked on, etc and your hidden blade selected, how do you do that flying-throat stab move?

I usually end up just jumping off or accidently jumping on some bystander instead.

Also a little tip, do not hang onto a merchant stall roof. I was messing around in the city and climbing down from a building and ending up hanging onto the roof of a merchant stall. There was a merchant instead the stall and like three civilians just under the roof looking at his goods. I dropped off it and bam, it all came crashing down killing all four people and then all the guards bum rushed me...

Stiler
11-15-2007, 08:37 PM
This is the only thing I'm having trouble with. If you are perched above your target (guard or whatever) not too high and have him locked on, etc and your hidden blade selected, how do you do that flying-throat stab move?

I usually end up just jumping off or accidently jumping on some bystander instead.

Also a little tip, do not hang onto a merchant stall roof. I was messing around in the city and climbing down from a building and ending up hanging onto the roof of a merchant stall. There was a merchant instead the stall and like three civilians just under the roof looking at his goods. I dropped off it and bam, it all came crashing down killing all four people and then all the guards bum rushed me...

Sinful_Groove
11-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Lock-on...

and make sure you dont over jump

releaseO_o
11-15-2007, 08:42 PM
You dont need to lock one, make sure he is glowing tho, (so if you pressed the lock on button you would lock on to him)

Also make sure your holding down the right trigger and your moving twords him. that should do it.

Stiler
11-15-2007, 10:02 PM
ReleasO_o, I'm talking about the jump-kill, not a regular "walk up to them" stab (which is what it sounds like you're talking about).

Can't really just "move toward" them, as I'm perched above them somehow via a ledge/roof or such.

So I just hold the Right trigger, or lock on or what?

A_Bird_Of_Prey_
11-15-2007, 10:48 PM
check it. I read the post and decided to figure it out so I did all you have to do is lock on to your chosen target and hold R1 and attack.

Faylinks
11-15-2007, 10:51 PM
i did it once, i have been trying to jump in the air and stab them but that never works out right

waht i did when i did it was being purched on a low roof and seeing the x have "assasinate text" on a gourd who was just stainding there i pressed it and leaped towrd him for the flying kill

Expired_Exile
11-15-2007, 11:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A_Bird_Of_Prey_:
check it. I read the post and decided to figure it out so I did all you have to do is lock on to your chosen target and hold R1 and attack. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

like bird of prey said.. to do the infamous jump stab.. u just bum rush holding the R trigger, while ur target is locked on, and i also hold on X. so just hold the R-trig, and X while ur bum rushing ur target. the Animation of the jump is automatic.. no jumping by u is needed.

Piecycle
11-15-2007, 11:26 PM
seems no one is reading the original post.

I know what you're talking about, and I tried it a few times. I dont think you can actually do it while perched, you have to jump down then lunge, unfortunately.

BagelDogs
11-15-2007, 11:34 PM
yah, you can't actually do it from a "perched" position, you have to be in motion on the roof to execute the action.

everytime I've done it I've locked on the guard and ran on the roof towards the edge that was above him while holding down R button and X then press your attack button.

paulmryder1979
11-16-2007, 01:31 AM
I've had no issues doing it so long as you throw your target to the ground first, then press r1 and attack as you approach them and you do a jumping throat stab

yehonatan.roth
11-16-2007, 02:08 AM
the merchent crash thing...

if you do it to all of the merchents...

its an achivment...

check the list mate...

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 02:52 AM
uh..i just read through this whole thread and i have no idea what you guys are talking about...

i may be wrong but i think what the original post was asking is if you can jump off a building and stab the guy, as in one whole motion, not when you chase him down and do like a little 2 ft hop...

that's my question as well, if its even possible to fall from a building and stab someone in one motion

dragon999300
11-16-2007, 05:32 AM
ya i never got that attack down right. and when i did the willaim of moffarat i tried the jump attack like they did in the demo but i missed every time i tried i missed him and had to fight him

Pinjani10
11-16-2007, 05:37 AM
Ive done the perched one, but the target needs to be relatively close to what you are jumping off of. Perch on it lock on hold RT the X should turn into assassinate

MiniAssasin
11-16-2007, 05:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pinjani10:
Ive done the perched one, but the target needs to be relatively close to what you are jumping off of. Perch on it lock on hold RT the X should turn into assassinate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah lock on hold the power mode button then free run off and in the air hit x

thats assuming ya have your blade selected

NinjaRayJ
11-16-2007, 06:49 AM
You do NOT need to lock on. Just make sure that the person you wish to stab it highlighted, but not necessarily locked on to. Then hold the right trigger, and press the X button. As far as jumping from a building, you need to be within strike range, and on a wall; if he's just dangling, he can't really jump, can he?

The lock on is really just for big fights and pickpocketing. If you lock onto a guard, they freak out and attack. Another thing, the leaping stab is very useful for quickly dispatching rooftop guards (personal experience). Well, I hope this helped. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Edit: This is based on my experience on the 360. I don't know if there any major differences for the guard or fight systems between the 360 and the PS3, but maybe there are. (please don't turn this into a fanboy flame war)

MiniAssasin
11-16-2007, 06:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NinjaRayJ:
You do NOT need to lock on. Just make sure that the person you wish to stab it highlighted, but not necessarily locked on to. Then hold the right trigger, and press the X button. As far as jumping from a building, you need to be within strike range, and on a wall; if he's just dangling, he can't really jump, can he?

The lock on is really just for big fights and pickpocketing. If you lock onto a guard, they freak out and attack. Another thing, the leaping stab is very useful for quickly dispatching rooftop guards (personal experience). Well, I hoped this helped. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought locking on was what highlighted the guards. was a bit tired last night got it at midnght.

but if ya free run off the edge ya can leap to further ragets and press x to do it

looks better too

NinjaRayJ
11-16-2007, 06:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MiniAssasin:

i thought locking on was what highlighted the guards. was a bit tired last night got it at midnght.

but if ya free run off the edge ya can leap to further ragets and press x to do it

looks better too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, I love running up and stabbing careless guards. It's also fun to do the subtle stab in the middle of Bazaar or market and watch them try to figure out what the hell happened while sitting on a bench 3 feet away. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Freefall69
11-16-2007, 07:55 AM
You dont have to jump! u just lock onto your target than is below you, run toward the edge, holding lock on and right trigger and press x when your near the edge, he jumps on the ledge onto the automatically.

barbasoll
11-16-2007, 08:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NinjaRayJ:
If you lock onto a guard, they freak out and attack. ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've noticed that as well, kinda confusing and I'm not sure how consistent it is.

I guess I'll try to lock on less and see if it makes sense.