PDA

View Full Version : Mediterranean Defence Question

UnstableMan
11-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Is the any way to make a city permanently 100% controlled and not have to constantly mico-manage it all the time? Do I have to send 5 lvl 15 assassins to a city? Help

UnstableMan
11-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Is the any way to make a city permanently 100% controlled and not have to constantly mico-manage it all the time? Do I have to send 5 lvl 15 assassins to a city? Help

Kytr
11-21-2011, 01:11 PM
No, you will need to keep restoring control on each city. The way it works, controlling the city with no assassins in it, you can only get control to 50%. Each assassin added increases the control maximum by 10% (with 5, it gets to 100%).
The control goes down slowly enough that I will ignore the level until it has dropped 10% from the limit, then run a mission to get it up. That will normally hold for a few rounds of missions, which allow you to work on conquering another city. You can usually conquer cities faster than you can fill them with assassins.

One more point, it would be best to keep several of your master assassins on hand for missions -- they are almost twice as effective as level 10 assassins.

Mick3D
11-21-2011, 05:59 PM
On this same topic. If you happen to have, say, five assassins in one city and you happen to let the Assassin's influence fall down to 0% (fall under siege) and if you happen to not do anything about it:

Does the city fall back into Templar control?(Never had a city fall back into templar hands, I presume the city does revert back to Templar control, I just want confirmation on this)

More importantly, what happens to the assassins stationed in that city?

nash_trickster
11-21-2011, 09:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mick3D:
Does the city fall back into Templar control?(Never had a city fall back into templar hands, I presume the city does revert back to Templar control, I just want confirmation on this) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No. The cities never automatically fall back into Templar hands. They will remain under siege until you either break the siege, bringing it back into the Assassin's fold, or fail the mission to defend the city, in which case it will fall back into Templar hands.

I conquered all cities very early, aiming for the armchair general trophy, and thinking "some of them will probably fall back into Templar hands but I'll re-conquer them later", but those that were indeed attacked and that I didn't have the manpower to defend remained under siege for the whole duration of the game, the only one that reverted into Templars hands was one I voluntarily badly defended, as a test, by sending only one fresh recruit to defend it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">More importantly, what happens to the assassins stationed in that city? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't really know since I never let a city with assigned assassins fall back into Templar hands, but I'd presume: Nothing, he would just be "stuck" there (you'd get no way to exchange him for another) and would thus be "wasted" until you re-conquer the city.

Kytr
11-22-2011, 09:00 AM
I don't know what would happen if the templars took back a city with assassins in it -- I have never failed a seige. Sometimes they have to wait until I have the big guns available to win that seige (at one point 3 cities went under seige at once before I had any master assassins), but they will wait for you.

Generally you can conquer cities far faster than you can staff them.