PDA

View Full Version : Mission Mate 1946 Updated To Fix Error.

CrazySchmidt
02-12-2007, 03:00 AM
Hi everyone, I am embarrassed to say that I had four aircraft listed as Non Flyable in Mission Mate that are actually flyable.

They are:

Dornier Do-335V-13
Heinkel He-162C
Heinkel He-162D
Messerschmitt Me-262HG-II

I have updated the download at M4T with the correction. If you wish to download this fix and already have v2.7 installed, it would be wise to uninstall that version first as the update uses the same directory placement. You will know that you have the correct version by the version number at the bottom right hand corner of the main window which will read v2.71 instead of the previous v2.7

My apologies for any inconvenience.

Cheers, CS. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CrazySchmidt
02-12-2007, 03:00 AM
Hi everyone, I am embarrassed to say that I had four aircraft listed as Non Flyable in Mission Mate that are actually flyable.

They are:

Dornier Do-335V-13
Heinkel He-162C
Heinkel He-162D
Messerschmitt Me-262HG-II

I have updated the download at M4T with the correction. If you wish to download this fix and already have v2.7 installed, it would be wise to uninstall that version first as the update uses the same directory placement. You will know that you have the correct version by the version number at the bottom right hand corner of the main window which will read v2.71 instead of the previous v2.7

My apologies for any inconvenience.

jamesdietz
02-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Talk about timing!!! I just got on to site to write you a quick post to ask about this...was trying to update one of the pfiel missions to the new version but couldn't find it...many thanks!
Also ( and I think this was true in earlier versions too) I can't seem to edite aircraft in the "all flights unflyable" column...can't check the box or make any changes ...am I doing something wrong?
Finally & I know this is probably in the read me ...BUT how do I save both the original mission & also keep the new mission , but put it in a new aircaft mission folder( in this case keep the Do335 original mission , but add the revised mission in to theDo-335V-13 folder?
Thanks for your patience...

CrazySchmidt
02-12-2007, 04:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamesdietz:
Talk about timing!!! I just got on to site to write you a quick post to ask about this...was trying to update one of the pfiel missions to the new version but couldn't find it...many thanks!
Also ( and I think this was true in earlier versions too) I can't seem to edite aircraft in the "all flights unflyable" column...can't check the box or make any changes ...am I doing something wrong?
Finally & I know this is probably in the read me ...BUT how do I save both the original mission & also keep the new mission , but put it in a new aircaft mission folder( in this case keep the Do335 original mission , but add the revised mission in to theDo-335V-13 folder?
Thanks for your patience... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With the "all flights unflyable" thing, you just need to click on the actual text at the top of the list to make those available. The same goes for the flyable list when that is inactive.

As for the saving, when you open a mission for editing there should be a couple of small green buttons top left near the environment setting frame, from there you will be able to save as a new mission. Re-open the new saved mission and continue from there, this will leave the original intact. The other option of course, would be to make copies of your favourite missions outside of Mission Mate and have them there for the sole purpose of editing without impacting on the original.

The MM editor has been primarily designed to edit MM generated missions which are disposable types of missions.

Cheers, CrazySchmdit. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jamesdietz
02-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Ok CS - AI tip works! Now as long as I have your attention...Is there a way to modify coop missions so that I can save them in Single Missions to refly & use time compression? Had no luck doing this so far...
AND your last comment made me think....although I have used your utility alot I may never have understood one thing:If I go directly to playing sim from your screen I will be able to play modified mission , but those changes won't be permanent?Right? Wrong? Oh I am confused!

CrazySchmidt
02-13-2007, 04:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamesdietz:
Is there a way to modify coop missions so that I can save them in Single Missions to refly & use time compression? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, not at this time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">AND your last comment made me think....although I have used your utility alot I may never have understood one thing:If I go directly to playing sim from your screen I will be able to play modified mission , but those changes won't be permanent?Right? Wrong? Oh I am confused! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With this I assume you are talking about editing an existing mission through the editor on the main MM screen.

If you click the "Apply Edit" button, those changes are saved back to that mission file and yes, they are permanent (until you edit them again of course). Those changes will be available immediately when you next load that mission in IL-2. If you don't want certain missions being tampered with permanently, I would suggest making copies of your favourites and keeping them aside for the sole purpose of editing and experimenting.

Remember, the Mission Mate editor will not change object placements in the map, aircraft waypoints or any ground object types, so you are always safe in that way. The worst that would happen if you edited a mission you didn't want to leave changed permanently, is that you would need to potentially reset aircraft and their properties back to the original settings as well as any time and weather settings that may have been changed.

I hope this helps mate.

jamesdietz
02-14-2007, 09:57 AM
I sure worked great replacing the "old' Do-335 with the new V-13 model in the "Mosquito Repellent "mission...the poor brits didn't stand a chance!! If only they had had Meteors...
Thanks again!!!!