PDA

View Full Version : Did AC:R get a new release date?

flyingeaglemile
08-19-2011, 08:15 PM
In this interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ2HHwrClqg) at around 5 minutes in the leader writer for AC says that it's coming out Nov. 11th when originally the release date was 15th. Did they change it or did he just make a mistake?

flyingeaglemile
08-19-2011, 08:15 PM
In this interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ2HHwrClqg) at around 5 minutes in the leader writer for AC says that it's coming out Nov. 11th when originally the release date was 15th. Did they change it or did he just make a mistake?

Animuses
08-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Mistake.

flyingeaglemile
08-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Darn, got a little excited that the wait was shortened by 4 days.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 09:32 PM
See, every year when they come out I get confused. I can't remember if it's the 15th or the 11th, however, if I remember correctly they typically come out the same every year... like the same day in November.

twenty_glyphs
08-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Since AC2 they have been coming out on the same Tuesday in November, but every year the calendar day is one less. AC2 came out on 11/17, ACB on 11/16, and Revelations will come out on 11/15. Next year that Tuesday will be 2 dates less, 11/13, because it's a leap year.

Jexx21
08-19-2011, 09:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
Since AC2 they have been coming out on the same Tuesday in November, but every year the calendar day is one less. AC2 came out on 11/17, ACB on 11/16, and Revelations will come out on 11/15. Next year that Tuesday will be 2 dates less, 11/13, because it's a leap year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet that they'll wait till December 21st to release AC3, because it'll be more epic that way.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 09:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
Since AC2 they have been coming out on the same Tuesday in November, but every year the calendar day is one less. AC2 came out on 11/17, ACB on 11/16, and Revelations will come out on 11/15. Next year that Tuesday will be 2 dates less, 11/13, because it's a leap year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew there was something like that going on. None the less, you can still predict when it's going to be....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

I bet that they'll wait till December 21st to release AC3, because it'll be more epic that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But we may never get to play.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

ThaWhistle
08-19-2011, 10:01 PM
meanwhile us PC guys are in a dungeon with beards and leprosy wondering when in march or april the PC verison is coming.

Systems65
08-19-2011, 10:01 PM
November 11 is when it comes out same date as Skyrim damn I need to choose http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Jexx21
08-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Well, I know that if they follow the traditional NA releases on a Tuesday and EU releases on friday, that means that the EU date for AC3 could in fact be on Dec. 21st.

kriegerdesgottes
08-19-2011, 11:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
meanwhile us PC guys are in a dungeon with beards and leprosy wondering when in march or april the PC verison is coming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol It's funny cuz it's true. Also now that Ubisoft has decided to jump back on the DRM train with Driver, what do you want to bet it could still make its way to ACR.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 11:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
meanwhile us PC guys are in a dungeon with beards and leprosy wondering when in march or april the PC verison is coming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol It's funny cuz it's true. Also now that Ubisoft has decided to jump back on the DRM train with Driver, what do you want to bet it could still make its way to ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How so?

twenty_glyphs
08-20-2011, 12:05 AM
I seriously doubt they will wait until 12/21/2012 to release AC3 if that game does end the 2012 story. I believe the main reason for releasing at that time of year is to have your game on store shelves during the holiday shopping season. Coming out 4 days before Christmas does not give you much exposure to people buying Christmas presents. Plus it would compete with the business of everyone's holiday schedules like last minute shopping and traveling, etc. Movies can come out that close to Christmas because people typically go to the movies with their families during that time of year.