PDA

View Full Version : The servers are... wait offline?

seapoked
12-24-2011, 08:47 AM
I got revelations about 24 hours ago, and I am trying to make multiplayer work. The first thing I did was start it and try multiplayer (which said 'offline'), giving me a screen - "Connecting" - and then after a few minutes a different screen - "Servers are unavailable".

After I got the 1.01 patch it says immediately, as I pass the logo, "You are playing in offline mode, you are not able to access the following:" with multiplayer as one of those options.

It also suggests that I relog into the uplay launcher,which I did - and it did not help.

I searched for a few hours now, on many websites and logged in around 3 tickets where two received only an automatic response.

I will appreciate any help, support or otherwise helpful tips to make this awesome multiplayer work. Thanks in advance http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
-Sea
[edit] please do not give me your awful post about going to the ubi help website. I have. Didn't work. Customer service needs to be greatly improved.

[edit2] Sorry bout that, I am running a Quad core W7 - Gaming lap top with 4gb RAM.
Internet connection is A-OK and so is everything else..

[edit3] There is a line in the change-log: Fixed problems with running game in offline mode.
I assume that this is the problem because my game automatically runs itself in offline mode, which is extremely annoying and I cant disable it. (all assumptions here though)

Tatterz
12-24-2011, 09:03 AM
What platform? You put in the uPlay pass (I don't think PC needs a uPlay pass)? You're connected to the Internet with no probs?

seapoked
12-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Sorry bout that, I am running a Quad core W7 - Gaming lap top with 4gb RAM.
Internet connection is A-OK and so is everything else..

monarcasmoreli
12-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Ubisoft has the worse severs ever theY taked 4 weeks just trying solve my promblem which never got fixed. they just keep sending me to there website

lex727
12-24-2011, 11:05 AM
If you are using a firewall, make sure that assassin creed is allowed everything on the web, just to be sure. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

seapoked
12-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Unexpected2004:
If you are using a firewall, make sure that assassin creed is allowed everything on the web, just to be sure. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tried this now, didnt work.
I think it may have something to do with the registry? Does anyone have any idea what to do? i dont want to stuff up my reg..

TheLeoCrow
12-24-2011, 11:55 AM
sorry for asking but did you ever pirate any of assassin's creed games? last i heard, they kind of mess up with your registry, making it hard to play the regular editions.

If the answer is no, do you have any other AC games? do they work ok?

seapoked
12-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
sorry for asking but did you ever pirate any of assassin's creed games? last i heard, they kind of mess up with your registry, making it hard to play the regular editions.

If the answer is no, do you have any other AC games? do they work ok?

I did not pirate any on this laptop, so I doubt the registry is faulty. But I WOULD like to check. Will it help if i delete some sort of the uplay registry? But now that you mention... maybe pirating on an account can have a lasting effect...

What was the aurora about? story of something?

[edit] I tried to delete some of the registry files but it did nothing, I am going to try and uninstall assassins creed 2 and all the ubisoft stuff, then reinstall... god damn ubisoft.

wouterdevos
12-24-2011, 06:29 PM
If you used any pirated versions of previous assassins creed' series, your 'host-file' is probably edited so you cannot connect to the ubisoft servers. (Source) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file))

Check C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to see if there's anything about ubisoft there, and delete it if there is.
(a normal host-file should only have lines starting with #, nothing else)

seapoked
12-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by wouterdevos:
If you used any pirated versions of previous assassins creed' series, your 'host-file' is probably edited so you cannot connect to the ubisoft servers. (Source) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file))

Check C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to see if there's anything about ubisoft there, and delete it if there is.
(a normal host-file should only have lines starting with #, nothing else)

Lets just say i have adobe # there.
But ill still check for ac.. Nope, but i tried just having the local area (127.0) and opening ac... Nope :C Doesnt work.

Should the 127.0.0.1 be there?

And my assassins creed 2 should work, but it doesnt have mp anyway so it isnt viable for comparison.

seapoked
12-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Bump for the great justice. Anyone? Any actual ubisoft employee that has experience in customer service?