PDA

View Full Version : Best Game Ever!

Grandmaster_Z
11-13-2008, 09:42 AM
I got assassin's creed the day it came out, played through it multiple times, even though it has its little bugs, i LOVE this game..

so after i played mirrors edge demo, I popped in some AC and played it again, just loading memory 6 and free roaming around the cities, and man it still kicks ***! Yes theres some things that need improvment or need to be fixed, but overall its still my favorite game ever.

I bought mirrors edge yesterday, i like the concept and love the art of parkour and how more games are implementing it (i'm bored with first person shooters lateley), the game is nothing compared to AC. First person view doesn't really work with parkour because in the game, you don't have much peripheral vision and it gets frustrating missing jumps/etc and falling to your death.

back on topic, I cannot wait for the sequel to AC.

Grandmaster_Z
11-13-2008, 09:42 AM
I got assassin's creed the day it came out, played through it multiple times, even though it has its little bugs, i LOVE this game..

so after i played mirrors edge demo, I popped in some AC and played it again, just loading memory 6 and free roaming around the cities, and man it still kicks ***! Yes theres some things that need improvment or need to be fixed, but overall its still my favorite game ever.

I bought mirrors edge yesterday, i like the concept and love the art of parkour and how more games are implementing it (i'm bored with first person shooters lateley), the game is nothing compared to AC. First person view doesn't really work with parkour because in the game, you don't have much peripheral vision and it gets frustrating missing jumps/etc and falling to your death.

back on topic, I cannot wait for the sequel to AC.

petestar1969
11-13-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm going to hazard a guess that you don't have many games if this one is your "best ever" pick....

TokyoPoliceClub
11-13-2008, 01:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">gets frustrating missing jumps/etc and falling to your death. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This never happened to you when you played AC? Half the fun of AC was completely misjudging distances and falling to an untimely death errrrr desynchronization my bad.

I'm going to have to side with pete though, if this is your favorite pick you should play a few more games.

It is nice to see somebody leaving positive feedback although it's likely to get shot down. Maybe positive posts are what we need more so here it goes. Assassins creed is the best game ever despite bugs and awful ai.

drfeelgood8849
11-13-2008, 03:00 PM
ac is in my top as 10 at least. not sure where i would put it though. PoP WW is mah fave. me + PoP = http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

Grandmaster_Z
11-13-2008, 08:22 PM
well, i'm almost 30 years old and have been gaming since i had an atari 2600, so i've played a few games since then..

lostassassin123
11-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Yeah, AC is good.
I haven't played a game similiar to it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
But my fave game of all time is Okami. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
It's just....wonderful, amazing, unique, flawless...It's perfect!

TokyoPoliceClub
11-14-2008, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's just....wonderful, amazing, unique, flawless...It's perfect! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wonderfully ported (e-sarcasm) Amazingly likely to crash, unique like prince of persia and flawless in the way the ai responds horribly to everything.

lostassassin123
11-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Wii version sucks, and don't argue about tastes, k?

BladeInCrowd
11-15-2008, 08:24 AM
I would not say that Assassin's Creed is the "best game ever", but I would say it's one of my favourites. It's a well made game with great concpets and there was not a time when I was board playing it. I think one fo the best things about the game was the fact that you chose how to do the mission; WOuld you sneak in the crowd? Would to charge up? Would to create discrations? Would you go left, or right? Games which give a player the chance to play his/her own way is awesome. personnaly, I like to be just another face in the crowd, only acting at the last second, before anyone knows I'm there, then dissapear into the shadows. I can't wait for Assassin's Creed II.

lilkanyon
11-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Frankly, I totally agree. I just got this game 2 weeks ago after playing WoW for 5 years and Oblivion off and on, and Kotor and I like this one the best ever.

1.) Never worry about loot
2.) Never worry about money
3.) 3D environments
4.) not really a 'hacknslash' it actually takes some skill to kill.
5.) the time period
6.) Altair himself (so cool and so sexy!)

And I agree BladeInCrowd. Choosing which way to do your assisination is one of the best concepts. Some days I feel like killing everything, some days I want to see how close I can get. It hasn't gotten old for me yet (climbing view points has though...sigh)

Those are my reasons. Flame them if you choose.

coolcat1909
12-06-2008, 02:57 PM
i love this game also, i just wish that you didnt need to go into the same cities doing the same type of things so much. i would mix it up for part 2. (just my two cents) http://photosnag.com/img/1275/y08m1110mhmd/2.gif

joel22484
12-10-2008, 11:09 AM
I also like it because it's so different. The artwork is great, and the stealth kills are awesome. I'm usually a sniper-guy, so being able to kill secretly and up close is a great change.
And although climbing to the tops of towers does get a bit boring after the first 10 or so, I never get tired of jumping off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Altair_773
12-13-2008, 09:46 AM
yeah ive seen some of the videos and played the demo i thinks it rocks like you said it does have some bugs that could be fixed but it is still a great game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

membernametaken
12-13-2008, 12:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lilkanyon:
Frankly, I totally agree. I just got this game 2 weeks ago after playing WoW for 5 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome back to the rest of the world, friend.

lilkanyon
12-17-2008, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by membernametaken:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lilkanyon:
Frankly, I totally agree. I just got this game 2 weeks ago after playing WoW for 5 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome back to the rest of the world, friend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHAH That cracked me up. Feels good to be back!

caswallawn_2k7
12-17-2008, 03:57 PM
how have you been playing wow 5 years when it only just had its 4 year aniv http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

lilkanyon
12-17-2008, 04:25 PM
beta

caswallawn_2k7
12-17-2008, 04:41 PM
closed beta was only about 4 months at most

Kid_Phazon
12-17-2008, 04:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
how have you been playing wow 5 years when it only just had its 4 year aniv http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>2004- The day millions of lives were lost.

lilkanyon
12-17-2008, 09:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
closed beta was only about 4 months at most </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

would this make you happy? I've played WoW ABOUT 5 years. There.

jrderntl
01-14-2009, 09:31 AM
By the time I first played AC I was amazed... the graphics, the new concepts atc...
After finishing it 2 times I have a few things to complain about
- You DO NOT choose your way to perform an assassination. There are missions you only choose how to get close to your targets, but the killing is always the same, you plunge your hidden blade, fight dozens of guards and run.
So much for sandbox game. There are other missions where you choose nothing, there is a cutscene and the target runs, so you have to chase him down the city. So much for stealth gaming!!!
- Fighting against 20 guards is quite boring, but the animation is cool though, unless you're fighting a Templar Knight and your "special moves" ends up in a stomach punch and no stabbing... thats really irritating. You have to keep trying and hope some combo goes on
- Side missions are boring. Eavesdropping, come on!! Killing archers and/or guards are ok, but pickpocketing?
- Flags/Templars add NOTHING to the game. Whats the point in collecting hundreds of flags and killing templars? Just so you feel you have been in every corner of the beautyfull maps.
Not to mention the ending...
Hope these things are improved in the next AC.
Hope to see night/day cycles, REAL stealth, challenging investigations, rewarding side missions and, specially, REAL FREEDOM TO KILL A TARGET

lilkanyon
01-18-2009, 04:21 PM
hehe, you should google stunt assassinations...there are plenty of crazy ways to kill your target....although I must agree that the quests are weak. Check some from Stabguy..he'll change your tune about linear kills.

obliviondoll
01-29-2009, 11:30 PM
I have to agree and disagree with people on all sides of the argument...

AC is one of my favourite games ever, but there are a lot of areas it shortcutted.

The "social stealth" concept is nice, and fairly well implemented, but would be more appreciated if the people didn't ALL feel like they have the IQ of a glass of water (unable to do much more than stay upright without help). And a conventional stealth system where you actually "sneak" around places, crouching, crawling, pressing against walls etc, would be a nice addition to AC2 as well.

I also think that you should be able to change your outift so you can blend in with different groups, maybe even disguise yourself as a guard and join in the patrol walking past your assassination target.... at least until you're next to him/her.

Monkey_9
01-30-2009, 09:37 AM
I realy like your approach there..
The vieuw of future people wanting something from altair means **** to me when playing...
The people could react better: when saving a civilian, the first thing she does when waking from the dialog is saying: what happened here?
This is realy dumb.
Or the people that shout: Guard, this man is a killer stop him! without mentioning the fact that the guards started the fight..and altair just defending his life against a huge amount of willingly killers, that turnout to be cowards after you kill a few of their friends.

When they can't kill altair, they expect to get mercy from him, which he sometimes grants, when in a good mood.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

stealthero
02-01-2009, 01:45 PM
I loved the way Ubi innovated the enviroment interaction with this game, just a few tweaks, new combat system, more missions, items and clothes customization, more variety in gameplay, and AC2 should be almost perfect