PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ubi: Will Tom Cruise be in AC3?

misterbizness
12-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Did anyone else expect Tom Cruise to peek around the corner at the end of Assassin's Creed 2? I did, but he never showed. Then I figured they're probably saving him for the third game. Smart move. I think the last game will have Desmond teaming up with Tom Cruise and his scientology pals to save the world.

If you're confused, I'm referring to the game's ending, the "truth" videos and all that. The first game put off a DaVinci Code vibe after about halfway. Now with the second, it seems to be a mix of the first Stargate movie, DaVinci Code and Scientology.

Before I go on, know that I'm a fan of the games, but that angle of the story = not so much. The games would be even better in my opinion if they had avoided it. Why taint excellent gameplay, characters and the lot with a bunch of mumbo jumbo you would expect to hear at a Scientology convention. One of the many things that made this game better than the last was it being all about Ezio up until the end.

They could have still done the Assassin Templar battle throughout history and even used the attempt at mind control piece as well without getting all L. Ron Hubbard on us. Yes, I read the disclaimer that it's made by a multicultural team blah blah blah. But isn't it odd that a team of varied religious beliefs would all like to portray their respective religions as crap?

And I realize it's fiction, but still. Perhaps that little writer guy could be real cutting edge and throw in the subject of abortion in the next game. Maybe Desmond gets Lucy pregnant and she doesn't want to have it because it would interfere with her assassin work.

That's all for my ramble. I really just wanted to see if anyone else is excited about possibly teaming up with Tom Cruise in the next game. Maybe even John Travolta will show up too. Who would you rather have on your team?

misterbizness
12-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Did anyone else expect Tom Cruise to peek around the corner at the end of Assassin's Creed 2? I did, but he never showed. Then I figured they're probably saving him for the third game. Smart move. I think the last game will have Desmond teaming up with Tom Cruise and his scientology pals to save the world.

If you're confused, I'm referring to the game's ending, the "truth" videos and all that. The first game put off a DaVinci Code vibe after about halfway. Now with the second, it seems to be a mix of the first Stargate movie, DaVinci Code and Scientology.

Before I go on, know that I'm a fan of the games, but that angle of the story = not so much. The games would be even better in my opinion if they had avoided it. Why taint excellent gameplay, characters and the lot with a bunch of mumbo jumbo you would expect to hear at a Scientology convention. One of the many things that made this game better than the last was it being all about Ezio up until the end.

They could have still done the Assassin Templar battle throughout history and even used the attempt at mind control piece as well without getting all L. Ron Hubbard on us. Yes, I read the disclaimer that it's made by a multicultural team blah blah blah. But isn't it odd that a team of varied religious beliefs would all like to portray their respective religions as crap?

And I realize it's fiction, but still. Perhaps that little writer guy could be real cutting edge and throw in the subject of abortion in the next game. Maybe Desmond gets Lucy pregnant and she doesn't want to have it because it would interfere with her assassin work.

That's all for my ramble. I really just wanted to see if anyone else is excited about possibly teaming up with Tom Cruise in the next game. Maybe even John Travolta will show up too. Who would you rather have on your team?

noobkira
12-10-2009, 08:23 AM
my troll sense is tingling :|

TooLazy4Name
12-10-2009, 08:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by misterbizness:

That's all for my ramble. I really just wanted to see if anyone else is excited about possibly teaming up with Tom Cruise in the next game. Maybe even John Travolta will show up too. Who would you rather have on your team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have tom cruise on my team? uh buddy, either your a troll or you really dont understand AC very well.

unless tom cruise is actually a undercover assassin i doubt it will ever happen, nor do i think any one would WANT it to happen.

breakdown89
12-10-2009, 08:29 AM
AHHH!!!! SCIENTOLOGY!!!! IT BURNS!!!!

Realjambo
12-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Topic Closed.