PDA

View Full Version : Alta´r's Seal in AC2

ProletariatPleb
10-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Hey there...any1 noticed this, at the ending of AC2, where Minerva shows some holographic images while narrating the past....this..

http://imgf.tw/288636927.jpg

PS-Sorry for unclear image, but you can still make it out.

ProletariatPleb
10-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Hey there...any1 noticed this, at the ending of AC2, where Minerva shows some holographic images while narrating the past....this..

http://imgf.tw/288636927.jpg

PS-Sorry for unclear image, but you can still make it out.

thedeadman_47
10-08-2011, 09:12 AM
nice observation dude but it is as developers said in interviews as these seals are artifacts too and that they belong to the aincient race

DarthEzio55
10-08-2011, 09:12 AM
nice catch man. Looks twcb were giving Ezio hints.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 09:15 AM
I think the seal Ezio is holding is not one of the 5 memory seals. I think it's the object hidden in Masyaf's library.

johnnyhayek
10-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Excellent observation there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif They really have planned this out since the beginning. Perhaps we can also make out something related to AC3 from those holographs.

johnnyhayek
10-08-2011, 09:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I think the seal Ezio is holding is not one of the 5 memory seals. I think it's the object hidden in Masyaf's library. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would you say that? If you're right, then maybe the Masyaf artifact is a memory seal as well, albeit an important one.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 09:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyhayek:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I think the seal Ezio is holding is not one of the 5 memory seals. I think it's the object hidden in Masyaf's library. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would you say that? If you're right, then maybe the Masyaf artifact is a memory seal as well, albeit an important one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because this object that Ezio had in his hands comes from a pretty old looking statue of Altiar, in a sealed chamber. It actually looks like Altiar himself locked himself up in this chamber in his last moments. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Altiar's skeleton.

rileypoole1234
10-08-2011, 09:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyhayek:

Why would you say that? If you're right, then maybe the Masyaf artifact is a memory seal as well, albeit an important one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good thought you had there. The Seal could be in Altair's hidden Library, but I'll be honest, I think what's in Altair's Library will be more "mind blowing" than that. It would be interesting to have the "Revelation" be another memory though.

reini03
10-08-2011, 09:27 AM

Because this object that Ezio had in his hands comes from a pretty old looking statue of Altiar, in a sealed chamber. It actually looks like Altiar himself locked himself up in this chamber in his last moments. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Altiar's skeleton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure it's a seal though... it would be a massive spoiler if they showed the most important item of the game in a trailer.
And nice find!

ProletariatPleb
10-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Because this object that Ezio had in his hands comes from a pretty old looking statue of Altiar, in a sealed chamber. It actually looks like Altiar himself locked himself up in this chamber in his last moments. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Altiar's skeleton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt that, because in the story trailer Ezio referred it to as one of the five keys(Actually he said "The five keys to Alta´r's library...Niccolo(Polo) brought them here and hid them." I mean if they wouldn't play that dialog if it was some important memory, PLUS that would be a MAJOR spoiler.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 09:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:

I doubt that, because in the story trailer Ezio referred it to as one of the five keys(Actually he said "The five keys to Alta´r's library...Niccolo(Polo) brought them here and hid them." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still think it's more than just one of the keys. I think it IS the important item in Altiar's Library. And I think it's extremely powerful in a way, either through it's knowledge or it's might.

ProletariatPleb
10-08-2011, 09:34 AM
I still think it's more than just one of the keys. I think it IS the important item in Altiar's Library. And I think it's extremely powerful in a way, either through it's knowledge or it's might. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, but it looks exactly like the key from Gamescom demo, when we kill Leandros. Also, Alta´r's is a LIBRARY, not a tomb...

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 09:43 AM
I said library. &gt;.&gt;

ProletariatPleb
10-08-2011, 09:46 AM
I said library. &gt;.&gt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But the pic/video shows Ezio in a tomb, not in the library is what I meant.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Isn't it supposed to be a secret chamber in/underneath the library? Not the library itself?

The secret chamber could be a tomb. I think it most likely is also.

EDIT: 1111 posts. awesome.

rileypoole1234
10-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Isn't it supposed to be a secret chamber in/underneath the library? Not the library itself?

EDIT: 1111 posts. awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I thought it was Altair's hidden Library. I thought Altair was the only person who had ever been in there, and so nobody knows it's there, which would make it a perfect place to hide something as monumental as is supposedly in there.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 09:54 AM
I thought he turned the courtyard in the back of Masyaf into a huge library? Is that what we have to unlock, or is that an open library which has a smaller hidden one in it?

ProletariatPleb
10-08-2011, 09:55 AM

Hmm...well, the new video(which shows Ezio singing) showed him falling from some sort of a machine, and the area shown in that and this look the same, and I don't think Alta´r had machines(like a crane or pulling device) in his time in his library.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 09:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:

Hmm...well, the new video(which shows Ezio singing) showed him falling from some sort of a machine, and the area shown in that and this look the same, and I don't think Alta´r had machines(like a crane or pulling device) in his time in his library. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think that they even look similar O.o

ProletariatPleb
10-08-2011, 10:03 AM
I don't think that they even look similar O.o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then maybe I'm dreaming, it looks similar to me...

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6258/vlcsnap2011100821h31m48.png

Calvarok
10-08-2011, 10:16 AM

I think that the statue would just be one of the ones that was hidden in Constantinople by Niccolo.

Also, I'm pretty sure Altair died facing the Mongols. I don't think he would have barricaded himself in.

Animuses
10-08-2011, 10:22 AM
I think Altair got trapped in the Apple. In AC3 Desmond will get Altair out of the Apple and they will fight side by side.

Thug-U
10-08-2011, 10:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
I think Altair got trapped in the Apple. In AC3 Desmond will get Altair out of the Apple and they will fight side by side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah, keep dreamin'.

reini03
10-08-2011, 10:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
I think Altair got trapped in the Apple. In AC3 Desmond will get Altair out of the Apple and they will fight side by side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, no.

Toxotes47
10-08-2011, 10:51 AM
I think Altair got trapped in the Apple. In AC3 Desmond will get Altair out of the Apple and they will fight side by side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Nice catch there though, it looks incredibly similar those in the holograms.

I don't reckon that is the Masyaf artifact though, it looks similar to the one Leandros had. I think its one of those lairs in which you find one of Altair's seal.

Will_Lucky
10-08-2011, 11:15 AM
No doubt the five seals lead to the Library, but I've always suspected that inside the Library there is another Seal. But it won't be Altairs, he had to learn of the others from somewhere right.

E-Zekiel
10-08-2011, 11:34 AM
So THAT'S where Bluray discs came from!

LightRey
10-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Y'know what I'm wondering? Where'd Alta´r get the seals?

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 12:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Y'know what I'm wondering? Where'd Alta´r get the seals? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me. Cause I'm God. I made the First Civilization. I called them Platypus. Their first try at making humans were actually the Platypus, named after them and all that jazz. But they failed, it was an ugly creature.

Sarari
10-08-2011, 12:21 PM

Jexx21........Altair gets killed by Mongols in Masyaf. He was 92 years old and he told the whole city to flee and that he would hold them off. The people including his son fled. Altair got his main artery in his arm cut and he bleed to death. There's no way that his body would be in a chamber unless they took his body in there which I doubt they did.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 12:24 PM
wtf. my name isn't Jexx21, it's Jexx. I think Jexx was either too short or taken when I signed up.

Anyway, the reason I think that is the recent story trailer which shows a wall lowering infront of the old 96 year old Altiar and it looks like it's in a library.

LightRey
10-08-2011, 12:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Jexx21........Altair gets killed by Mongols in Masyaf. He was 92 years old and he told the whole city to flee and that he would hold them off. The people including his son fled. Altair got his main artery in his arm cut and he bleed to death. There's no way that his body would be in a chamber unless they took his body in there which I doubt they did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Where'd you hear that? That wasn't in the books if I'm not mistaken.

Toxotes47
10-08-2011, 12:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

By looking into the Apple?

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 12:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taxotes319:

By looking into the Apple? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, he looked into the apple and the seals magically appeared infront of him.

Sarari
10-08-2011, 12:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Jexx21........Altair gets killed by Mongols in Masyaf. He was 92 years old and he told the whole city to flee and that he would hold them off. The people including his son fled. Altair got his main artery in his arm cut and he bleed to death. There's no way that his body would be in a chamber unless they took his body in there which I doubt they did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Where'd you hear that? That wasn't in the books if I'm not mistaken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It gave detail in the book.

Calvarok
10-08-2011, 12:29 PM
What we know is that the Apple guided him to them, as well as possibly other artifacts, but we don't know where he actually got them from.

LightRey
10-08-2011, 12:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
What we know is that the Apple guided him to them, as well as possibly other artifacts, but we don't know where he actually got them from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I figured as much. I'm still wondering just where he got them though.

Toxotes47
10-08-2011, 12:32 PM

Yup, he looked into the apple and the seals magically appeared infront of him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif What I meant was that he got the information of the seals whereabouts from the apple. Maybe that was the last time he looked in it as he mentioned in the codex?

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Where'd you hear that? That wasn't in the books if I'm not mistaken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It gave detail in the book. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It actually didn't and the Polos left before the invasion of the Mongols, and thus didn't hear about what happened to Altiar to write it down.

Assassin_M
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
What we know is that the Apple guided him to them, as well as possibly other artifacts, but we don't know where he actually got them from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I figured as much. I'm still wondering just where he got them though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He found them during his stay in Alamut after the death of his wife and subsequent escape.

Toxotes47

Most probably from a Vault or a temple dedicated to one of TWCB.

Dralight
10-08-2011, 12:36 PM

Whereabouts in the book is it? I don't remember reading about how Altair died in it.

Sarari
10-08-2011, 12:37 PM

It actually didn't and the Polos left before the invasion of the Mongols, and thus didn't hear about what happened to Altiar to write it down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is true lol. I read the book, but I asked my friend if he knew how he died. He said that he got hit in the artery in his arm. He said that it was mentioned in the book and that I didn't pay attention.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 12:38 PM

It actually didn't and the Polos left before the invasion of the Mongols, and thus didn't hear about what happened to Altiar to write it down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is true lol. I read the book, but I asked my friend if he knew how he died. He said that he got hit in the artery in his arm. He said that it was mentioned in the book and that I didn't pay attention. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your friend reads a lot, he probably confused it with another book. I do that sometimes.

A while ago you said that none of your friends were as interested in AC though?

Calvarok
10-08-2011, 12:39 PM
What we know is that the guided him to them, as well as possibly other artifacts, but we don't know where he actually got them from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I figured as much. I'm still wondering just where he got them though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I doubt that will be answered, since it wouldn't make sense for Ezio to go there because wherever it is would be empty.

It could possibly be answered in the last Altair seal, though.

Assassin_M
10-08-2011, 12:39 PM

That is true lol. I read the book, but I asked my friend if he knew how he died. He said that he got hit in the artery in his arm. He said that it was mentioned in the book and that I didn't pay attention. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It wasnt mentioned in the Book http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
ACR is the only place you`ll see Altair`s "apparent" Death.

LightRey
10-08-2011, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
It wasnt mentioned in the Book http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
ACR is the only place you`ll see Altair`s "apparent" Death. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sneaky revelation is sneaky.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 12:41 PM
What we know is that the guided him to them, as well as possibly other artifacts, but we don't know where he actually got them from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I doubt that will be answered, since it wouldn't make sense for Ezio to go there because wherever it is would be empty.

It could possibly be answered in the last Altair seal, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, I gave then to Altiar. I'm God, I can do this stuff.

Assassin_M
10-08-2011, 12:44 PM

It could possibly be answered in the last Altair seal, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, I gave then to Altiar. I'm God, I can do this stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe this is considered trolling http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
and I said before Altair found them in Alamut during his stay there for almost 20 years after his wife`s death

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Jokes are trolling?

QQ

I thought trolling was saying derrogatory stuff to get someone else mad and rage and then laugh while they do so. I just want to make jokes....

And where's your source?

Assassin_M
10-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Jokes are trolling?

QQ

I thought trolling was saying derrogatory stuff to get someone else mad and rage and then laugh while they do so. I just want to make jokes....

And where's your source? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My source is classified http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
and what you`r doing may be a joke, but too much is trolling.
its all fun and games...

dxsxhxcx
10-08-2011, 12:55 PM

the only thing that was described in the book was the beggining of the mongol attack, how Altair died is still uncertain, and he wasn't alone in Masyaf, some assassins stayed there with him...

LightRey
10-08-2011, 12:55 PM
There's more to what M said than meets the eye...

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 12:57 PM
There's more to what M said than meets the eye... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't wanna be a trolllll...

And I don't trust M's info, seeing as it's not sourced by anyone other than him saying it's the friend of a cousin's father father or something.

Assassin_M
10-08-2011, 01:00 PM

And I don't trust M's info, seeing as it's not sourced by anyone other than him saying it's the friend of a cousin's father father or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
hmmmmm, dont trust me then ?
its cool its cool
Great people always had non-believers, but in the end these same people become their greatest followers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
10-08-2011, 01:02 PM

And I don't trust M's info, seeing as it's not sourced by anyone other than him saying it's the friend of a cousin's father father or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I trust him, but his sneakyness is very sneaky indeed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 01:03 PM
I just need a source for things that don't sound so shady.

I do however believe that ACR is gonna be awesome.

Calvarok
10-08-2011, 01:18 PM
M is assuming based on the fact that he was IN Alamut when the apple told him to go get the Seals.

But the fact of the matter is that he could have found them in Alamut, he could have found them a few meters outside of Alamut, or he could have found them thousands of miles away.

All that the book says is that he was in Alamut at the time he was told where to go. It doesn't say where he had to go.

LightRey
10-08-2011, 01:42 PM
M is assuming based on the fact that he was IN Alamut when the apple told him to go get the Seals.

But the fact of the matter is that he could have found them in Alamut, he could have found them a few meters outside of Alamut, or he could have found them thousands of miles away.

All that the book says is that he was in Alamut at the time he was told where to go. It doesn't say where he had to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, M has a source connected with Ubi.

Calvarok
10-08-2011, 01:46 PM
M is assuming based on the fact that he was IN Alamut when the told him to go get the Seals.

All that the book says is that he was in Alamut at the time he was told where to go. It doesn't say where he had to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, M has a source connected with Ubi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Of questionable validity.

Assassin_M
10-08-2011, 01:51 PM
M is assuming based on the fact that he was IN Alamut when the told him to go get the Seals.

Actually, M has a source connected with Ubi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Of questionable validity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmmmm I guess you have a point, it is questionable.
I mean I havent proven anything and I dont plan on doing so.
But I have to say Thank you for not saying OHHHHHHHHS HESSSS A BIG FUT LIAAAAAAARRRRR
Thank you for being Mature http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 01:56 PM
..I'm sorry if I sounded like that M..

I didn't mean for it to come out that way if it did..

):

Assassin_M
10-08-2011, 01:59 PM
..I'm sorry if I sounded like that M..

I didn't mean for it to come out that way if it did..

): </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No No I wasnt referring to you at all, just someone who sent me a PM saying so..
Calvarok is a respectable, and Intelligent Individual, I have seen many of his Posts and he seems that way, you are as well.
some people here however are ******s.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Ah! Well Calvarok and I are the only ones who publically expressed disbelief. That's why I assumed you meant myself.

To be honest, I'm a little over-sensitive in nature, granted as I'm growing older it's slowly going away, so I'm easy to get hurt by some statements.

Anyway, I just like to have sources that I can see with my own eyes. :/

Assassin_M
10-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Of course, I understand and I dont blame you for wanting proof, its just our Nature, I believe if it were the other way around I wouldnt believe you myself http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ProletariatPleb
10-09-2011, 02:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Of course, I understand and I dont blame you for wanting proof, its just our Nature, I believe if it were the other way around I wouldnt believe you myself http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sneaky guy &gt;_&gt;

Moultonborough
10-09-2011, 03:38 AM
I doubt it is another seal. But it could be, holding the last and most important memory when Altair found out something that could change the war. But, I very much doubt it will look like the library we see in AC or what one looks like by today's standards. If it is under the castle it will be like a tomb. Plus I am sure there is more than just a door protecting the library it will be like a tomb leading to a final chamber. I will be somewhat disappointed if it turns out like the chamber door that holds the Romulus Armour in Brotherhood.