PDA

View Full Version : What I would like to see fixed in the next patch

alexgrimaudo_94
12-27-2009, 12:33 AM
There are a couple of problems and common glitches that I have noticed in AC2, and I would like to see them fixed in the next patch.

1) When in a movie scene, character's faces, clothes, or body parts tend to move through one another, making it seem as though they are not solid.
2) When Ezio is sprinting, his arm shows through his cape.
3) When Ezio stands still for a while, and when he adjusts his cape over his shoulder, his arm again moves through the cape into sight.
4) Really, I would just like to stop seeing all of the supposedly solid items moving through one another. By this I'm not saying items get up and walk through one another, but pointing out that when Ezio or another character moves, their bodies tend to fuse through other objects. I don't know if there is a technical term for this so excuse me.
5) When Ezio is running through the streets, pedestrians tend to pop up after their location comes into sight.

All of these things reduce the reality aspect of the game, and dissapoint me in small ways which take away from the software. Please address these problems Ubisoft!

alexgrimaudo_94
12-27-2009, 12:33 AM
There are a couple of problems and common glitches that I have noticed in AC2, and I would like to see them fixed in the next patch.

1) When in a movie scene, character's faces, clothes, or body parts tend to move through one another, making it seem as though they are not solid.
3) When Ezio stands still for a while, and when he adjusts his cape over his shoulder, his arm again moves through the cape into sight.
4) Really, I would just like to stop seeing all of the supposedly solid items moving through one another. By this I'm not saying items get up and walk through one another, but pointing out that when Ezio or another character moves, their bodies tend to fuse through other objects. I don't know if there is a technical term for this so excuse me.
5) When Ezio is running through the streets, pedestrians tend to pop up after their location comes into sight.

All of these things reduce the reality aspect of the game, and dissapoint me in small ways which take away from the software. Please address these problems Ubisoft!

Randy 355
12-27-2009, 01:05 AM
I can't name a lot of games that this doesn't happen in, or any for that matter. Not all of the objects are going to collide correctly, and I bet it'd be a pain in the *** to get right, which would just consume time. I'm glad they spent time making the actual game instead of intensly accurate collision of which nobody has ever seen.

Today's top of the line games such as Halo 3, Modern Warfare 2, and Gears of War 2 all also have similar problems.

It's such a miniscule detail. I would rather they worked on DLC or glitches that ACTUALLY hurt the game's experience.

OzDavis
12-27-2009, 02:52 AM
Whilst I mostly agree with Croson-5, as a small aside to alexgrimaudo_94's 5th point, I really do wish that boats wouldn't pop up out of nowhere only a few metres in front of Ezio.

I find this is especially bad with 'treasure boats' at the end of the piers in Romany. You can be at one end of some of them and you can't see the boat that's moored at the other end.

Also, whilst piloting a gondola looking for any I had missed the other day, they were popping up around about a boat length in front of me - too close to even be able to avoid bumping into them when at speed.

the amolang
12-27-2009, 04:51 AM
my only complaint in the technical aspect would be pop-in. its pretty bad for a top notch game like this. but the other stuff is not so bad considering other games out there...

mikeh1294
12-27-2009, 05:00 AM
I've never had the pop-up problem, what platform are you guys on?

jimbo11235813
12-27-2009, 06:15 AM
The first four problems are basically the same. From my understanding about computer graphics and games (which is limited as I'm neither a programmer or a computer wiz), when a character model is made, they are made of multiple layers, but to make them interact realistically takes alot of programming and alot of memory.
Also, computer models have a fixed areas which act as barrier to many objects in the computer environment, but to save memory it doesn't include every bit of the model and isn't that complex (i.e. wouldn't include the cape. That#s just animated to make it realistic and reduce the 'glitch you describe). Obviously this isn't perfect, but it allows alot more memory space.

As for in the cinematics, many, if not all, animations are done by motion capture. This, once again, is imperfect. When the motion is transfered, most computer models follow the actions perfectly, making it possible for it to pass through objects.

Anyway, your complaining about a problem that almost every single game has.

As for the pop ups. That is a problem worth complaining about.

OzDavis
12-27-2009, 06:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikini:
I've never had the pop-up problem, what platform are you guys on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry... I really should have mentioned that before... I'm playing on X-Box 360.

Also, I just had another silly pop up experience... fighting a group of guards in Florence a mere handful of steps (if that) away from a wall, a random civilian just materialises between me and the wall, sending one of the guards I'm fighting into a stumble.

I don't know why that happened, but it struck me as a pretty crazy glitch.

GariStz
12-27-2009, 07:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alexgrimaudo_94:

All of these things reduce the reality aspect of the game, and dissapoint me in small ways which take away from the software. Please address these problems Ubisoft! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

5. The pop-up problems are already been discussed. Its up to UbiSoft to fix them or not...

4. Problem number 4 equals to problem number 3.

3. Problem number 3 equals to problem number 2.

2. Problem number 2 equals to problem number 1.

1. Problem number 1 is AVAILABLE in ANY game I know.

And if you got more glitches to report, post them in the Official Glitches Report Tread:

Xbox360 - http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...016/m/8021087408/p/1 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/8021087408/p/1)
PS3 - http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...016/m/7321087408/p/1 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/7321087408/p/1)

Black_Widow9
12-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums alexgrimaudo_94 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please post in one of the Feedback or Wishlist Threads (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1581091808).
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>