PDA

View Full Version : Question about Batle over Europe Campaign

Fliegeroffizier
10-04-2004, 03:29 PM
I am on Aug 3rd 44 in the USAAF campaign. I completed the first "segment" of Pre D-day(May 44), then the D-Day, now doing post D-Day Normandy...It's fun, but getting a bit repetitive.

Is it possible to cut back/cut down the number of missions in each segment of the campaign? I'm set to go all the way to the end of the war in 45, but I feel there are TOO many missions of the same type being created....I'd like to move on SOON to the next segment (Berlin)...Any way to do this?

Fliegeroffizier
10-04-2004, 03:29 PM
I am on Aug 3rd 44 in the USAAF campaign. I completed the first "segment" of Pre D-day(May 44), then the D-Day, now doing post D-Day Normandy...It's fun, but getting a bit repetitive.

Is it possible to cut back/cut down the number of missions in each segment of the campaign? I'm set to go all the way to the end of the war in 45, but I feel there are TOO many missions of the same type being created....I'd like to move on SOON to the next segment (Berlin)...Any way to do this?

steve_v
10-04-2004, 08:08 PM
from readmev1.1b, the item yuou're interested in is

CampaignLength=VeryLong (Long,Medium,Short,VeryShort), default is VeryLong. Sets number of missions in campaign. Long is about 2 times shorter than VeryLong. VeryShort is about 10 times shorter.

2. New parameters in conf.ini:
RandomFlights=n sets number of flight groups not related to mission. Maximum is 5, minimum 0, default 2. New random groups - friendly bombers and returning allied planes.
NoBadWeather eliminates storms, rain, snow, blind weather. All weather is possible by default
NoAirfieldHighlight - Not used airfields won't have AAAs anymore, which also removes their highlighting with a color on a map. They have AAA and are highlighted by default
CampaignAI=Easy (Hard), default is Normal - increases or decreases friendly and hostile AI level.
CampaignMissions=Easy (Hard), default is Normal - switches to different scripts for operations, affecting number of planes and groups. Even on Hard, the scripts are less challenging than in the previous version - for all nations and years. CampaignDifficulty now sets both AI and Missions.
CampaignLength=VeryLong (Long,Medium,Short,VeryShort), default is VeryLong. Sets number of missions in campaign. Long is about 2 times shorter than VeryLong. VeryShort is about 10 times shorter.

The lines can be placed anywhere in conf.ini, but recommended way to do it is to create in the end of the files a new [DGen] section and add everything after that. An example:

[DGen]
NoAirfieldHighlight
NoBadWeather
RandomFlights=5
MissionDistance=30
CampaignMissions=Hard
CampaignAI=Easy
CampaignLength=VeryLong

These settings, once made, will only be applied to new campaigns. Those campaigns in progress will not be affected.

Extreme_One
10-05-2004, 01:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steve_v:
These settings, once made, will only be applied to new campaigns. Those campaigns in progress will not be affected. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to Starshoy - these settings 'kick in' as soon as DGen generates a new mission - so if you change settings mid-campaign the new settigs will take effect.

steve_v
10-05-2004, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Extreme_One:
According to Starshoy - these settings 'kick in' as soon as DGen generates a new mission - so if you change settings mid-campaign the new settigs will take effect. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>link to that information please

Fliegeroffizier
10-05-2004, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the information...I'm embarrassed that I'd not RTFM!
I couldn't find the ReadMe...I was looking in the BoE manual and even on the BofE CD...
After further searching i found a doc of the readme which i'd placed in a folder on my hard drive...which i'd forgotten i had done...

I'll let you all know if my change to conf.ini seem to have altered the length of my ongoing campaign...

Thanks again..