PDA

View Full Version : Torpedoes take forever to reload?

Dewalt
06-22-2005, 01:07 AM
Ok, normally I never post on forums because I figure if I have to the game isn't worth it. So far I've encountered bugs (went to 1.3 then back to 1.2). I had to dig for 1.2 too. I really have enjoyed the game so far, but then I started getting and error...I think.

Ok, It's 1939, first boat, etc. I go out, find a merchant and fire 2 of the 5 torpedoes on the boat at him. One bounces off him, the other misses entirely. Oh well, I'll fire again. So I fire tube three..miss. Ok I suck, but I have 2 torpedoes left..............they are waiting to be loaded in queue.

FOREVER

They can be dragged all over hell on the "I" screen, they can be put in the reserve slot, but they never ever "turn green" ready to fire again.

Is my crew just that bad that they don't know how?

I made sure there was a crew in the torpedo room. AND autoloading was checked ON.

In my opinion the "weapons" screen is utterly useless.

This is with 1.2 and 1.3 ..is it a known issue?

I played awhile before I even patched, just out of the box. At that point if I dragged a torpedo to the reserve slot the tube would light up as ready. Seemed a little backward to me. The documentation in the box reads like a textbook and the acorbat file on the DVD (yes my patch was DVD version) offered no clues.

So what is it?

Dewalt
06-22-2005, 01:07 AM
Ok, normally I never post on forums because I figure if I have to the game isn't worth it. So far I've encountered bugs (went to 1.3 then back to 1.2). I had to dig for 1.2 too. I really have enjoyed the game so far, but then I started getting and error...I think.

Ok, It's 1939, first boat, etc. I go out, find a merchant and fire 2 of the 5 torpedoes on the boat at him. One bounces off him, the other misses entirely. Oh well, I'll fire again. So I fire tube three..miss. Ok I suck, but I have 2 torpedoes left..............they are waiting to be loaded in queue.

FOREVER

They can be dragged all over hell on the "I" screen, they can be put in the reserve slot, but they never ever "turn green" ready to fire again.

Is my crew just that bad that they don't know how?

I made sure there was a crew in the torpedo room. AND autoloading was checked ON.

In my opinion the "weapons" screen is utterly useless.

This is with 1.2 and 1.3 ..is it a known issue?

I played awhile before I even patched, just out of the box. At that point if I dragged a torpedo to the reserve slot the tube would light up as ready. Seemed a little backward to me. The documentation in the box reads like a textbook and the acorbat file on the DVD (yes my patch was DVD version) offered no clues.

So what is it?

LiBRoK
06-22-2005, 01:53 AM
Are you under silent running?

Just grasping at straws here...

LDH

The Avon Lady
06-22-2005, 01:57 AM
There's a section about reloading torps in The Community Manual (http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/), with all the details.

Jonny211
06-22-2005, 03:01 AM
The silent running thing got me as well... the only way I found that out was when the crew started whispering. I gave the engineer a slap, returned to normal running and carried on loading.

Jon