PDA

View Full Version : 6DOF mod for IL2?

spiffyscimitar
04-20-2007, 11:58 AM
I know this is an older video but you can see this guy using 6DOF.. is there someplace to find this mod?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFTRsBcSyk8&mode=related&search=

spiffyscimitar
04-20-2007, 11:58 AM
I know this is an older video but you can see this guy using 6DOF.. is there someplace to find this mod?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFTRsBcSyk8&mode=related&search=

DooDaH2007
04-20-2007, 12:02 PM
The creator never shared the mod with the public because there is no way to stop people from sticking their heads out through the cockpit glass, because il-2 wasn't programmed to handle 6DOF...

It is no longer possible to make, even for the creator of the mod because this exploit was fixed...

Oleg (creator of il-2) will not make 6DOF support...

spiffyscimitar
04-20-2007, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DooDaH2007:
The creator never shared the mod with the public because there is no way to stop people from sticking their heads out through the cockpit glass, because il-2 wasn't programmed to handle 6DOF...

It is no longer possible to make, even for the creator of the mod because this exploit was fixed...

Oleg (creator of il-2) will not make 6DOF support... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah.. that's too bad. Strange, I would have enjoyed this regardless of your head going through the glass. They didn't have to endorse the mod, but they could have turned a blind eye...

TheGozr
04-20-2007, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">il-2 wasn't programmed to handle 6DOF... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Complete BS....

Lberaldo
04-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Sorry, but what is 6DOF and how does it works? Is it like TrackIR? I didnĀ“t know that you could "zoom" in and out smoothly!

XyZspineZyX
04-20-2007, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheGozr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">il-2 wasn't programmed to handle 6DOF... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Complete BS.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, not complete BS

the cockpits for example, use many 2D elements which seem to be in 3D, but are ruined if used with 6dof

p-11.cAce
04-20-2007, 03:38 PM
tis true...many 2d elements in IL2...6dof in SoW though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

papotex
04-20-2007, 08:13 PM
coupled with my track IR I drink beer and that seems to give a 3d effect, the more beer the more convincing the effect.

and the bigger the headache the next morning

TheGozr
04-20-2007, 11:43 PM
I say it's BS the fact not to add the 6 dof ofcourse not like FSX that you can go through the models.

Now a very simple fact.. 2D elements are ok to a certain limit meaning it's possible to set up to each plane a very different value more mordern cockpits can have more freedom of movement and older much less it possible to actually adjust this in all directions. Now take a example of any cockpit actual while you wank the stick in every directions there is an effect on head waves like and the cockpit as you can see move around, so this is a simple fact that 6DOF can be mounted in ANY cockpits with a different % or degree of freedom.

Now to say that il2 will not work with 6DOF and will make 2D panels etc.. look bad.. is a total lie and BS. ( they told you this a long time ago and it's BS, we could have it working good already for quite some time by now but some hard headed peoples wont do it )

Treetop64
04-21-2007, 12:57 AM
6DoF doesn't work properly with IL-2, as you can see in the video. First, in a lot of the cockpits there are vector gaps that become exposed if 6DoF was employed. Secondly, 6DoF doesn't properly "follow" the aircraft during radical maneuvers, again as witnessed in the video. Could it me coded to support 6DoF? Perhaps... Is it coded to supoort it? Nope.

IL-2 was never meant to take advantage of 6D0F. It's not the end of the world because of this. Bob Sow will support it, however.

TheGozr
04-21-2007, 01:16 AM
Did the the track ir 6DOF had limits in the video? think about it and re-read my post. That was a hack remember?

Heavy_Weather
04-21-2007, 12:30 PM
flying behind a smoking aircraft will give you a first hand look at 2D smoke.