PDA

View Full Version : WHERE IS IT?

xh592
08-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Where is SoW: BoB

Anyone have any information? Does anyone in a high position even look at this forum or has Oleg just left us?

xh592
08-12-2007, 03:17 PM

Anyone have any information? Does anyone in a high position even look at this forum or has Oleg just left us?

slipBall
08-12-2007, 03:21 PM
no one has any idea!
no!
no!, and
yes! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

VW-IceFire
08-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Do a search on the forum for this topic...

You'll find a fair bit of information.

JG52Uther
08-13-2007, 01:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

You'll find a fair bit of information. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And none of it good in the recent posts. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Woodstock_69
08-13-2007, 06:01 AM
Oleg just left the building... Back in two weeks! Or before christmas... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Choctaw111
08-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Before Christmas we hope to have some kind of info. We'll all be good, we promise. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

MEGILE
08-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Oleg is currently in hiding from his newly aquired Stalker (DVX Immortal)

carguy_
08-13-2007, 05:17 PM
BoB is apparently hiding.He didn`t appear at E3, he doesn`t come here anymore.I`d say he left for good.

Jediteo
08-13-2007, 06:56 PM
You all know about the term "Berlin by christmas" don't you?

then

BoB before christmas everybody!

VW-IceFire
08-13-2007, 08:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

You'll find a fair bit of information. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And none of it good in the recent posts. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats because nobody seems to have a memory or seem to know anything about games being released. I find it a bit odd that people are somehow expecting releases in a couple of months time and yet we haven't seen a website, a forum, any seriously official screen shots, or anything of the like. We know the project is in development, we got a very good look at it on the 1946 bonus disk (most of which has been put on YouTube I think), and we know that most of the work is largely behind the scenes and we really won't appreciate it if we saw it anyways.

My guess...is that when its around 4-6 months from release we'll see the PR campaign from Ubisoft kick into high gear. Then we'll see things rolling and probably in a rapid fire sort of way. I suspect the game won't be fresh off the shelf before we and Oleg are talking about new planes, maps, scenarios, and new features galore.

In the meantime...we can return to doom and gloom or just have fun with the current stuff.

Either way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WOLFPLAYER2007
08-14-2007, 12:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xh592:

Anyone have any information? Does anyone in a high position even look at this forum or has Oleg just left us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your question can only be answered in the Christmas (of 2008)

JG52Uther
08-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Icefire I was referring to the news blackout that has been imposed on Oleg from you know who.
SOW will be out when ubi decide to release it,not when its done.At least for us in the west.Living in the UK I could be lucky and get it around the same time as the Russians,but after what happened with Sturmo 46 who knows when America/Canada etc gets it (if at all).The truth is none of us know,and the one's that do know are not saying/not allowed to say.Not a good situation.Luckily IL2 has a lot of life left in it.

stansdds
08-14-2007, 05:38 PM
It will be out for Christmas of 20??.

Philipscdrw
08-14-2007, 09:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stansdds:
It will be out for Christmas of 20??. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I think you're right.

waspfarmer
08-14-2007, 11:28 PM
It will definately be out before Christmas 20??. Personally, I'm glad there's no appearent rush at Ubi's end, and I hope the pressure's off the dev. team also. Il2's still kicking hard, and the longer BoB takes, the more sorted I hope it will be.

DVX Immortal? Funny, he wasn't at any of the Oleg stalker meetings...

alert_1
08-15-2007, 10:11 AM
My last info (a few day old, from a person with close relation to the team) is still saying: end of 2007...UBI is insisting on the term.

PB0_shadow
08-30-2007, 02:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alert_1:
My last info (a few day old, from a person with close relation to the team) is still saying: end of 2007...UBI is insisting on the term. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do have different information....

DKoor
08-30-2007, 03:03 AM
lol I thought this thread was about CAPS LOCK

whiteladder
08-30-2007, 03:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">news blackout that has been imposed on Oleg from you know who </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean, Lord Voldemort?

VW-IceFire
08-30-2007, 03:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whiteladder:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">news blackout that has been imposed on Oleg from you know who </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean, Lord Voldemort? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You mustn't speak his name! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Yep definitely a news blackout...that usually means they are saving stuff up for a blitz at some point. Although from our perspective it will probably be like a slow trickle.

leitmotiv
09-06-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm all for these annoyed posts for info. I hope more and more people clamor. I think the lack of communication is weird, and terrible business. These posts might make somebody communicate.

Peerless_Though
09-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Well I am a noob to IL2 and just bought it last month and for the past 3 weeks can't put it down. Still working out PC problems but the game is amazing and I pre ordered SoW two days ago. I really hope it comes out this year after all of the reading about how long it has been pushed back. The screens look amazing. Can someone point me in the direction of connecting online?

mazexx
09-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Well, there's definately something rotten in the kingdom of Denmark. Even if the game will not be ready until christmas 2009, why would UBI force Oleg to stay completely silent for a year? Nothing can be gained by that.

The only conclusion I can think of is that there is something really foul going on. Are 1C/Maddox Games and UBI breaking up? The rest of 1C:s games are going to be published by Atari in the US - but hearsay tells us that SoW:BoB will still be published by UBI. I have not seen any official confirmation about this at all. UBI semms to have erased all traces of their involvement regarding SoW:BoB...

A year ago, Oleg said that Maddox games NEEDED to get SoW:BoB out before the end of 2008 to survive as a business. 1946 seems to have sold less than expected and no one thinks that BoB will be released before 2009 so what happens then? As we get no info at all Maddox Games may already have ceased to exist and all the devs have been fired?

/Mazex

rosaenrico
09-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi all,
really asking: which source do people refer to when say that 1C' s silence is due to a UBI request? Maybe I have missed that.

Manos1
09-10-2007, 07:46 AM
It is impressive that there is so much luck of information about BOB.

It is a real shame....

zardozid
09-10-2007, 09:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">year ago, Oleg said that Maddox games NEEDED to get SoW:BoB out before the end of 2008 to survive as a business. 1946 seems to have sold less than expected and no one thinks that BoB will be released before 2009 so what happens then? As we get no info at all Maddox Games may already have ceased to exist and all the devs have been fired? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Maddox Games was "out of business" we would be hearing from someone...a disgruntled employee, a "friend of a friend"...something. The fact that all is quiet leads me to believe that they have "something up their sleeve". You can't keep that many people quiet unless they ALL see the benefit to remaining quiet...If everything was in ruins some "pissed off employee" would be venting.