PDA

View Full Version : This is scary I think

Foehammer-1
02-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Ok, so i torpedoed a Fiji cruiser in the open ocean, with depth under keel over 1000m. The ship sank bow first, and i followed it with the camera all the way until it jsut disappeared. Still, it's scared me a bit when i realized how much speed the ship picked up and how hard it must have hit the ocean floor. Which also reminds me of the TV show about Bismarck... how a heavy hatch got blown off with immense water pressure when the ship hit the bottom and water inside got crushed and found its only way out.

Foehammer-1
02-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Ok, so i torpedoed a Fiji cruiser in the open ocean, with depth under keel over 1000m. The ship sank bow first, and i followed it with the camera all the way until it jsut disappeared. Still, it's scared me a bit when i realized how much speed the ship picked up and how hard it must have hit the ocean floor. Which also reminds me of the TV show about Bismarck... how a heavy hatch got blown off with immense water pressure when the ship hit the bottom and water inside got crushed and found its only way out.

wessenhammer
02-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Titanic estimated speed at time of impacting ocean floor was near 80mph.