PDA

View Full Version : Did Embers make anyone Sad?

ProdiGurl
11-23-2011, 02:00 PM
I read a spoiler on the forum & it confirmed what I thought it would be. Plus I watched a clip of it on Youtube early this morning and was glad it was short. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I can't watch him all old like that - I only want to remember a vibrant, passionate Assassin the we he was in all 3 of the AC's.

I just wonder what mood it put anybody in after watching it?

ProdiGurl
11-23-2011, 02:00 PM
I read a spoiler on the forum & it confirmed what I thought it would be. Plus I watched a clip of it on Youtube early this morning and was glad it was short. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I can't watch him all old like that - I only want to remember a vibrant, passionate Assassin the we he was in all 3 of the AC's.

I just wonder what mood it put anybody in after watching it?

eagleforlife1
11-23-2011, 02:17 PM
It upset me. But I think it was quite good and I would recommend watching it.

NewBlade200
11-23-2011, 02:24 PM
It is sad but the ending is dulled by what appears to be some new mystery that isn't explained. It doesn't quite nail it.

Kavulus
11-23-2011, 02:24 PM
SPOILER: REVELATIONS & EMBERS ENDING

Not really, I felt much more sad after Altair died :/ Kinda weird, as I thought I was more attached to Ezio, as we've seen so much of his life. It's probably the way Altair died that moved me. Sitting alone in a locked-away library. Ezio on the other hand, died in a more happy and peaceful way; Relaxing on a bench, beautfiul weather, happily married to Sofia, etc...

SleezeRocker
11-23-2011, 02:27 PM
No not really, it's hard for me to "feel" sad for game/movie charcaters lol

But I htought it was alright http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

rileypoole1234
11-23-2011, 02:28 PM
It did make me quite sad. It made me feel happy for Ezio for some reason, and also makes me sad for him. It made me sad because it seems like he didn't get to do anything he wanted to in his life. It made me happy because he still is the same person as he was on AC2. A fitting end for Ezio Auditore I think

cless711
11-23-2011, 02:29 PM
I was very sad when i saw the ending. I felt like i knew Ezio as a close friend and went through hell and back together.

May you live on in our hearts, Requiescat in pace Ezio Auditore

YHHTQ
11-23-2011, 03:12 PM
I found it depressing but in retrospective, I wished I had seen Embers BEFORE finishing Revelations. That last speech of Ezio to Desmond in Alta´r's Great Library is simply top notch.

SleezeRocker
11-23-2011, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cless711:
I was very sad when i saw the ending. I felt like i knew Ezio as a close friend and went through hell and back together.

May you live on in our hearts, Requiescat in pace Ezio Auditore </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparetnly Ubisoft will use the Shroud to have Ezio fight again in soul Calibur 5 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

UrDeviant1
11-23-2011, 03:20 PM
I watched Embers, but it wasn't until I played more ACR after, that I felt this dull ache In my heart and kept thinking about how much Ezio had grown on me In the past 2 years.

E-Zekiel
11-23-2011, 03:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cless711:

May you live on in our hearts, Requiescat in pace Ezio Auditore </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holy ****. This post made me realize that....Ezio will never be saying "requiescat in pace" again. Ever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

With that said, I was sad, yes... only because I felt Ezio did not get the time he truly needed/deserved/earned. I was very happy that Ezio essentially died happy. His very last vision was one of love and affection, viewing the people (except, sadly, his son) that he most cherished in his life.

It also made me feel like a jaded old man. I've always felt like an old man, but this kinda instilled it even more, because I found myself sharing a lot of the same values and views and weariness...but I didn't spend 30 years as an assassin. Thus adding to my cynicism, lol.

Bipolar Matt
11-23-2011, 03:43 PM
It was sad, but I was expecting it. And I was very pleased that he died peacefully. It was a good end to his story.

Ayush_S92
11-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Yea, what was about his son? Why do we never get to see him. That was SO odd.

Chariflame
11-23-2011, 04:03 PM
This is probably just because I'm an overemotional female who is way too attached to fictional characters, but I really cried at the end of Embers.

We all knew it was coming, but it was so well executed. This is a character we have (literally) been following since his birth. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Skuldpt
11-23-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm not going to watch embers because of this, I'm just way too attached to Ezio.

Requiescat in Pace Ezio Auditore da Firenze

LightRey
11-23-2011, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skuldpt:
I'm not going to watch embers because of this, I'm just way too attached to Ezio.

Requiescat in Pace Ezio Auditore da Firenze </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
D:
You're missing out. It's really good.

CRUDFACE
11-23-2011, 06:59 PM
A little, I wish I cried though.

It was better than I thought it would be, especially after I brought that other short from Ubisoft, Ascendance, I think it was called.

kudos17
11-23-2011, 07:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skuldpt:

Requiescat in Pace Ezio Auditore da Firenze </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Waaaatch it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ezio is awesome, but it was his time. I watched the Embers ending over and over.

The "Liberty, Time, and Love" speech gets me every. Single. Time.

That and the music at the end. It's fantastic.

rileypoole1234
11-23-2011, 08:11 PM
The more I think about it, he's technically been dead from AC2 to Embers, we've just been seeing memories of him. I'm not as sad as I first was, but I'm still very sad I'll never see him in a new game again. I wonder what AC3 has in store for us. So many possibilities.

jmk1999
11-24-2011, 03:00 AM
moved to Hints & Tips for spoilers.

kriegerdesgottes
11-24-2011, 11:42 AM
I was a little sad but I guess I was expecting it to be sadder than it was. I remember feeling disturbed by how feeble Ezio was in Embers but his death and that mysterious guy and the mystery box he gave Shao Jun took away a little from the sadness because you were more curious than anything.