PDA

View Full Version : Missing Scene?

brotherhood511
06-20-2011, 05:26 PM
I don't remember this scene in the game. Did they miss it out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4tZZS28b8M

brotherhood511
06-20-2011, 05:26 PM
I don't remember this scene in the game. Did they miss it out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4tZZS28b8M

Mic_92
06-20-2011, 05:42 PM
It was probably just a demo but maybe they did remove that part from the game, it's an awful lot similar to the E3 trailer.

They seem to have removed a few cool scenes from Brotherhood.

Eric_490
06-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Its because right before release Ubisoft made a list.

"THE THINGS THAT ARE AWESOME THAT WE SHOULD TAKE OUT FOR NO REASON LIST" -By AC Developers.

They proceeded to take out this, the cool armor, cool recruit armor, and multiple other cool things.

brotherhood511
06-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Aw. I've just finished the ending and was hoping for this scene to come up. The E3 trailer looked so good back then and was hoping to play it. I thought maybe a big fight would happen and Ezio would fight Cesare in the Pantheon.

Mic_92
06-20-2011, 05:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric_490:

"THE THINGS THAT ARE AWESOME THAT WE SHOULD TAKE OUT FOR NO REASON LIST" -By AC Developers.

They proceeded to take out this, the cool armor, cool recruit armor, and multiple other cool things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, like that scene at the end of the E3 ACB demo where Ezio and the Assassins climb the Colosseum and when they reach the top the music goes all "VRAAAAAH...HuuuuH BRAAADAAAAH...Heeeeee".

I waited for this moment during the whole game and was very disappointed when it never happened.

Blind2Society
06-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Yea this was such a bummer. Shame on you Ubisoft.

brotherhood511
06-20-2011, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mic_92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric_490:

They proceeded to take out this, the cool armor, cool recruit armor, and multiple other cool things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, like that scene at the end of the E3 ACB demo where Ezio and the Assassins climb the Colosseum and when they reach the top the music goes all "VRAAAAAH...HuuuuH BRAAADAAAAH...Heeeeee".

I waited for this moment during the whole game and was very disappointed when it never happened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah I remember that. Having a hard time finding it, but it did look epic. Maybe take everything that's shown in Revelations with a pinch of salt. Blowing up all the boats in the scene they showed at E3 11 better be in the game.

Found this trailer. Ezio inside the Patheon with his assassins. Guess they were for showing off what the recruiting assassins gameplay would be like. He does look like a pro though, using a crossbow when his target is right there http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCIYyOPGllQ

rileypoole1234
06-20-2011, 06:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mic_92:

I waited for this moment during the whole game and was very disappointed when it never happened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif I loled at your description of the music

Blind2Society
06-20-2011, 06:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brotherhood511:
Blowing up all the boats in the scene they showed at E3 11 better be in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I actually rather hope it's not. I thought it was too farfetched. The ships blowing instantly on contact with the Greek fire? Wood burns it doesn't blow up, And yes, I know there is gun powder but it takes time to for the fire to reach it.

Also the free running was wwwaayyy too linear. There was only one path of escape. When I play a level like that I want to be freaking out wondering which way to go to escape. Or at least just have more than one option.

brotherhood511
06-20-2011, 07:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brotherhood511:
Blowing up all the boats in the scene they showed at E3 11 better be in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I play a level like that I want to be freaking out wondering which way to go to escape. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've heard a few negative reactions to that scene, I think i'm the only one who liked it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But yeah i agree it was linear, I'm more the kind of person who absolutely freaks if I can't see a way out and gets frustrated when I die.

Blind2Society
06-20-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm more the kind of person who absolutely freaks if I can't see a way out and gets frustrated when I die. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol, I can be that way too sometimes but it's certainly more satisfying when you actualy make it thru.

Jakob4242
06-20-2011, 08:47 PM
There was more to this scene as well. It might have been made only for Demo purposes to describe the Assassin recruits, and in this scene the Assassin Call button was used more often than what was allowed in the game. There's more of this scene in the trailer below near the end:

ACB - Trailer - Unkle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjcYqcL0v0Q)

I remember seeing this scene with all the Assassins having climbed the Pantheon and running around it's inner dome. Was really hoping that this was gonna be in the game before it was released.

Sangine12
06-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Wow, his E3 armour looks so nice ingame...
Matching vambraces and metal shoulderpad.

sassinscreed
06-21-2011, 07:25 AM
it seems that they took out assassination mission, and thats just what brotherhood is missiong

dchil279
06-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Wow. In this video Ezio had matching vambracces. why couldn't they have just kept those in the game.

oOAltairOo
06-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Ubisoft: Works their asses off to show a great game at E3. Then spends the rest of the time until launch to remove cool stuff from the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Blind2Society
06-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Strange how that works isn't it?

notafanboy
06-22-2011, 04:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oOAltairOo:
Ubisoft: Works their asses off to show a great game at E3. Then spends the rest of the time until launch to remove cool stuff from the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>just like they did in AC2, they replaced his glove with a stupid looking bracer(on his right hand)

EzioAssassin51
06-23-2011, 03:59 AM
What the hell are you guys talking about?

They didn't take the cool stuff out, maybe they found it hard to put in how the assassins come in (walking at the top before being called) or whatever, and maybe they took this assassination out of the game, so they wouldn't have 1 billion and 1 complaints about reusing a mission from E3. Not to mention the OBVIOUS fact they are using this to show off some features 5 MONTHS before release. If any of you guys thought this was the final product, then you aren't thinking straight.

They kept everything cool in this mission pretty much except for the matching vambraces, and I don't personally think that to be a massively bad thing.

And yes, of course they're gonna work hard to show something cool at E3, that's the point of the whole expo, to show off your game!

and IMO, Ezio's glove in AC2 looked a bit silly anyway.

Also, I'm pretty sure this armour is in the game and to the OP - Did you not see this was uploaded in August 2010, around the time of E3 and other game expos?

And come on, like EVERYONE should know they NEVER have missions exactly like CG trailers or whatever. Seriously guys...

Oh and @brotherhood511 - They said the blowing up boats from the demo is halfway through the game. The demos are usually in the game, but not the CG Trailers.

And regarding the Demo @Blind2Society - I agree it was a little unrealistic but it's still awesome, and think of it like the ACB demo that was the mission at the start of the game. The freerunning and stuff was linear but it was still an awesome as level!!!

But yeah, like I said, quit complaining! This was from E3, which nearly all of you should know never appears in the game, except for the Demos.

Sangine12
06-23-2011, 04:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
What the hell are you guys talking about?

They didn't take the cool stuff out, maybe they found it hard to put in how the assassins come in (walking at the top before being called) or whatever, and maybe they took this assassination out of the game, so they wouldn't have 1 billion and 1 complaints about reusing a mission from E3. Not to mention the OBVIOUS fact they are using this to show off some features 5 MONTHS before release. If any of you guys thought this was the final product, then you aren't thinking straight.

They kept everything cool in this mission pretty much except for the matching vambraces, and I don't personally think that to be a massively bad thing.

And yes, of course they're gonna work hard to show something cool at E3, that's the point of the whole expo, to show off your game!

and IMO, Ezio's glove in AC2 looked a bit silly anyway.

Also, I'm pretty sure this armour is in the game and to the OP - Did you not see this was uploaded in August 2010, around the time of E3 and other game expos?

And come on, like EVERYONE should know they NEVER have missions exactly like CG trailers or whatever. Seriously guys...

Oh and @brotherhood511 - They said the blowing up boats from the demo is halfway through the game. The demos are usually in the game, but not the CG Trailers.

And regarding the Demo @Blind2Society - I agree it was a little unrealistic but it's still awesome, and think of it like the ACB demo that was the mission at the start of the game. The freerunning and stuff was linear but it was still an awesome as level!!!

But yeah, like I said, quit complaining! This was from E3, which nearly all of you should know never appears in the game, except for the Demos. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you even watch the video?

It was from Gamescom not E3, the E3 demo where the villa got sieged is nearly identical to the level in-game. Gamescom is in August (2 Months after E3) yet they decide to bin this mission? Also the assassin recruit only appeared AFTER he was called.

No, that armour isnt in the game, neither is the assassin recruits clothing, or the crossbow...

Blind2Society
06-23-2011, 04:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
This was from E3, which nearly all of you should know never appears in the game, except for the Demos. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's the point of this thread. We want those missions in game. We want to play them. Your reasoning for them not appearing in the game is unfounded. As for there being 1billion and 1 complaints because a mission from E3 was used in the game?!?! This thread is evidence to the contrary.

Honestly I don't really care. The games are extremely enjoyable either way. But I was disappointed the Pantheon mission was not in the game as it seemed like a really fun mission

Pavan_NL
06-23-2011, 08:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K7zmXZvg9Q

This is the whole video, notice how he says that this is no actual mission in the game at the end.

However, it seems that the brotherhood mechanics also have been changed.

Blind2Society
06-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Yes but the point is, or at least my point is, that mission or rather mission concept (because it would have to be rewoked so it wasn't just a recruit demo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) should've have been in game. To be honest the trailer made me want that mision more than the recruit demo.

The only mission that took place at the Pantheon was no where near as epic as the Pantheon itself and that was severely disappointing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif. If they made the trailer into an actual mission it would have been much more fitting.

Pavan_NL
06-23-2011, 02:44 PM
I can't argue with that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EzioAssassin51
06-24-2011, 12:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sangine12:
Did you even watch the video?

It was from Gamescom not E3, the E3 demo where the villa got sieged is nearly identical to the level in-game. Gamescom is in August (2 Months after E3) yet they decide to bin this mission? Also the assassin recruit only appeared AFTER he was called.

No, that armour isnt in the game, neither is the assassin recruits clothing, or the crossbow... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I did and sorry, but I got them mixed up, but I do say 'around the time of other game expos.'

And the part about the mission being identical is my exact point, they only ever use those demos. This was used to show off the mechanics. And yes I know the recruit appeared only after it was called, but I'm referring to the full video (which I have seen and someone referred to) when the recruits were seen up the top of the Pantheon.

And I wasn't too sure about the armor but you shouldn't complain about the recruit's clothing or the crossbow not being in the final game. These arts were clearly changed to look better or whatever, which is fair enough since it was still 3 months until release.

And yes, I see no reason as to why they shouldn't have binned it. They would have received massive complaints since that would have just been reused (which may not have gotten that much bad publicity) and because of how linear it is. We already have people complaining about the linear part of the games (which I don't think there are many anyway, apart from an obvious couple like the last sequence). Imagine them complaining about Linear SIDE MISSIONS!