PDA

View Full Version : AC series on multiple consoles, WTH!?

EvolutionIXMR
08-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that it makes no sense for Ubisoft to release console-specific titles?
Bloodlines, Discovery, Alta´r's Chronicles, & now Lost Legacy.
Oh c'mon! Must I go out and buy every console out there to get the full AC experience? It makes no sense. It really ticks me off actually. I don't want to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on portable consoles just to play the other games.
Anyone else bothered about this?

EvolutionIXMR
08-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that it makes no sense for Ubisoft to release console-specific titles?
Oh c'mon! Must I go out and buy every console out there to get the full AC experience? It makes no sense. It really ticks me off actually. I don't want to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on portable consoles just to play the other games.
Anyone else bothered about this?

ArmamentMaster
08-01-2010, 11:22 AM
well it's either do or die so-to-speak. if you want the entire assassin's creed experience then you're going to have to drop the cash. it's not fair - true enough - but what can we do about it? honestly though you're not missing much. the portable games are - shall we say - horrible.

EvolutionIXMR
08-01-2010, 11:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ArmamentMaster:
well it's either do or die so-to-speak. if you want the entire assassin's creed experience then you're going to have to drop the cash. it's not fair - true enough - but what can we do about it? honestly though you're not missing much. the portable games are - shall we say - horrible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know they aren't pulling in jaw-dropping ratings, but it's still a continuation of the story. AC I&II are awesome, I don't want to miss anything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
And now with Lost Legacy. It sounds very interesting, but I have NO interest in portable consoles whatsoever or Nintendo's 3DS(probably going to cost $250+).

phil.llllll
08-01-2010, 11:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EvolutionIXMR:
Oh c'mon! Must I go out and buy every console out there to get the full AC experience? It makes no sense. It really ****es me off actually. I don't want to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on portable consoles just to play the other games.
Anyone else ticked off about this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry, most look horrible anyway. I haven't played them myself but from what I've seen one has completely text based dialog and a side 2d nature; the other one that was supposed to be a lot more like the main games, Bloodlines, ended up being even worse than AC - again haven't played it but I've seen enough of it to know that I'd never want to.

Everything about Bloodlines looked awful. The worst for me was the voice acting (for which the series is generally praised for) which was absolutely appalling in Bloodlines. It's like they used the jantor and local passerbys to read the lines - they were that bad, really. For me that would make it impossible to play if I couldn't take seriously what they were saying. Also the main assassinations were replaced with generic bossfights. The only good thing I can say about the game is that they successfully captured the look of AC on the PSP.

I'm hoping the new 3DS game is actually handled by Ubisoft and given the attention the main games have recieved.

Mr_Shade
08-01-2010, 11:39 AM
If you want to read the story lines from the other titles, I'm pretty sure they are available online... if you want to see them?

hewkii9
08-01-2010, 02:14 PM
The handheld games' stories are basically filler text for the AC universe. Altair's Chronicles is so detached from its parent that all you need to know is 'Set before AC, girl called Adha'. Everything you really need to know about Bloodlines is in the Codex. Don't know as much about Discovery or Lost Legacy, but they're most likely equally unimportant.

EvolutionIXMR
08-01-2010, 04:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hewkii9:
The handheld games' stories are basically filler text for the AC universe. Altair's Chronicles is so detached from its parent that all you need to know is 'Set before AC, girl called Adha'. Everything you really need to know about Bloodlines is in the Codex. Don't know as much about Discovery or Lost Legacy, but they're most likely equally unimportant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game will feature Ezio Auditore da Firenze as the main protagonist once again. The story will find Ezio traveling east to the Assassins' former city of Masyaf, where he will discover the origins of the Assassin's order, with possible connections to Alta´r's story from the first Assassin's Creed. -wiki

I don't know about any of you guys, but I would LOVE to experience that. It sounds very interesting.
I admit, the portable console games look pretty crappy and all, but it's still part of the story.

primerib69
08-01-2010, 05:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EvolutionIXMR:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hewkii9:
The handheld games' stories are basically filler text for the AC universe. Altair's Chronicles is so detached from its parent that all you need to know is 'Set before AC, girl called Adha'. Everything you really need to know about Bloodlines is in the Codex. Don't know as much about Discovery or Lost Legacy, but they're most likely equally unimportant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game will feature Ezio Auditore da Firenze as the main protagonist once again. The story will find Ezio traveling east to the Assassins' former city of Masyaf, where he will discover the origins of the Assassin's order, with possible connections to Alta´r's story from the first Assassin's Creed. -wiki

I don't know about any of you guys, but I would LOVE to experience that. It sounds very interesting.
I admit, the portable console games look pretty crappy and all, but it's still part of the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am I the only one who finds the idea of flying around Masyaf hella tight? Or even just going through the entire castle (maybe even make it a Templair Lair http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif).

EzioAssassin51
08-02-2010, 12:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by primerib69:

I admit, the portable console games look pretty crappy and all, but it's still part of the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am I the only one who finds the idea of flying around Masyaf hella tight? Or even just going through the entire castle (maybe even make it a Templair Lair http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More an Assassin's Tomb!

Lost Legacy sounds awesome, but i'm not gonna buy a 3DS just to play that!

And Discovery is just an extra sequence for Ezio, no biggy!

primerib69
08-02-2010, 01:13 AM
I still want to fly around Masyaf http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif