PDA

View Full Version : contacts on patrol Help?

pigpenklx300
08-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I was doing my first mission yesturday and I had to go to a certain area and patrol it so I am steeming ahead and on my way to the area and there were a couple of contacts that were far away but I started to go to get them and when ever I get to where it says the contact is its not there. And no its not a plane it says its a ship so I dont get why its not there can anyone help. oh and then a few minutes later after I leave the square dissapears. please help.

pigpenklx300
08-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I was doing my first mission yesturday and I had to go to a certain area and patrol it so I am steeming ahead and on my way to the area and there were a couple of contacts that were far away but I started to go to get them and when ever I get to where it says the contact is its not there. And no its not a plane it says its a ship so I dont get why its not there can anyone help. oh and then a few minutes later after I leave the square dissapears. please help.

Mittelwaechter
08-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Well, it's a simulation.
Ships are no stationary objects - they move.
The contact appears when spotted by a german plane or ship, but it moves on.
You'll have to mouseover the contact and read the contactdata. Plot a course of the ship in the opposite direction of this little mark at the square, representing the direction the contact is comming from. Extend the line through the square! As exact as possible.

This is the course you'll find the ship on.

Now estimate how far the contact will move within the time it takes to reach the plotted course with your Uboat.
Let's say the contact moves slow - that's about 6 kts and your Uboat is a VIIB with a best speed of 18 kts. The ship moves 6 km while you move 18 km!
Now try to find the interceptionpoint where your course and the contactcourse cross in the relation 3 to 1.

There you'll find your bait.

Werner_U-292
08-11-2006, 11:29 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif