PDA

View Full Version : There exists a BoB's List of Wishes?

CL-Shotdowner
01-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Hello, airmen.

Is there something like a List of Wishes for the next
title of Maddox?

If not, I'll start.

Game Improvements
+ Allowable use of AAA points on ground and ships (like rear
gunners, but from the ground level)
+ Parachute jumping from the perspective of the pilot
+ View of the pilot's body in on-cockpit flight (arms activing
controls, legs pushing ruddles)
+ Openning canopies and doors (spitfire, hurricane) of planes
in flight
+ Quake style of walking on ground before and after abroad
aircraft (a fantastic effect for scramble missions), and
after to jump in parachute (running away from the enemy
sight)

Missions
+ Dynamic campaings for multiplayer game (campaings that
must be played in multiplayer mode)

Special Effects
+ More little tracers of little bullets (.303 and .500 caliber)
+ An ondulant random efect on head of tracers (like classic
guncamera footage, unless this effect is caused by the frame
rate of old cameras, but it's very cool)
+ More dispersion of little bullets from nose machine guns
+ Random effect of fume/vapor following little bullets

Note: I'm crazy. I know it. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

See you later.

D.

CL-Shotdowner
01-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Hello, airmen.

Is there something like a List of Wishes for the next
title of Maddox?

If not, I'll start.

Game Improvements
+ Allowable use of AAA points on ground and ships (like rear
gunners, but from the ground level)
+ Parachute jumping from the perspective of the pilot
+ View of the pilot's body in on-cockpit flight (arms activing
controls, legs pushing ruddles)
+ Openning canopies and doors (spitfire, hurricane) of planes
in flight
+ Quake style of walking on ground before and after abroad
aircraft (a fantastic effect for scramble missions), and
after to jump in parachute (running away from the enemy
sight)

Missions
+ Dynamic campaings for multiplayer game (campaings that
must be played in multiplayer mode)

Special Effects
+ More little tracers of little bullets (.303 and .500 caliber)
+ An ondulant random efect on head of tracers (like classic
guncamera footage, unless this effect is caused by the frame
rate of old cameras, but it's very cool)
+ More dispersion of little bullets from nose machine guns
+ Random effect of fume/vapor following little bullets

Note: I'm crazy. I know it. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

See you later.

D.

SpremeCommander
01-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Wish:

"Operation Seelowe" (hypothetical German invasion of Britain) missions.

Ability to man AAA.

GK-66SS
01-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Get rid of that %&$#$ MUZZLE FLASH !!!!!!

jamesdietz
01-28-2004, 09:24 AM
1.) A few more in flight commands: Being able to tell squadron mates to "Break" when being attacked.Telling them to shoot up the airfield-not possible in Il-2 or FB.Being able to tell who's out of ammo ,& therefore not sending them back to attack ( & possibly die..)
2.) Perhaps having an option for the German voices to be English spoken with a German accent?
3.) Have the English Fleet a part of the Game with its Aircraft carriers( all this a possible add-on) & its aircraft too: Skuas, SeaGladiators, Hurricanes , Spitfires,Rocs, Fulmars & Swordfish...All this could then transfer to Med in another future add-on.
4.) See Rescue planes ( from both sides ) at work ...or possibly have the option to fly cover for these rescues?
5.) Changes airfields to what they sometimes were - large grassy fields where we can do mass line abreast take-offs instead of one at a time as it is now.
6.) Somehow if at all possible , make it possible for us to transfer the large number off downloaded skins that are appropriate fro FB to BoB...or at least change format before release of game so that the skin makers can start convering their work to nem game format.
More coming ...I'm sure.... but how about this one for sure - Leave in London & battle with Picadilly Commandos...Hmmmm???

Dogtail2
01-28-2004, 12:28 PM
My main wishes are that they listen to and follow the advice of Battle of Britain experts so that we get accurate looking airfields for the period, correct R/T phraseiology,correct terrain geographically, and framerates, AI & overall graphics at least as good as IL-2.

Oh yes, and I really hope the aeroplanes do NOT disappear after landing!

DangerForward
01-28-2004, 12:51 PM
1) I'd also like to second the improved gun tracers idea. Currently with machine guns it kinda looks like I'm sandblasting the guy to death.

2) When ground targets get hit it would be cool if there were secondary explosions.

3) When ground targets get destroyed it would be cool if they looked more destroyed. Like if a tank were hit maybe to turret is blown off next to it. Or the tank got flipped over. Tanks are just an example...

I guess this all assumes we have a little more computing power. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DangerForward

vanelvis
01-28-2004, 01:01 PM
I also like the AA idea.

jttthomas
01-28-2004, 04:22 PM
My wishes?

1. I'd like the idea of taking off in line abreast formation - therefore wider airfields
2. Being able to fight against large formations of bombers and fighters with an FPS of >20
3. Dynamic online campaigns
4. Dynamic single player campaigns (esp Battle of France and the Battle of Europe subsequently)
5. Ability to fly for both sides (all aircraft)

Dash_C.
01-28-2004, 05:08 PM
More unique terrain and identifyable landmarks. Not like the same repeating texture for fields, cities, etc. and higher-poly terrain. Basically greater realism in the representation of the geography.

(edit): People. Mechanics working on planes, civillians, military personnel. These would be a nice touch.

Choctaw111
01-29-2004, 11:11 AM
I like the idea of being able to actually run to you plane when the siren goes off. It would be great to be able to see all of the other pilots scrambling to their planes also. It would add so much to the immersion of the game. Imagine the adrenaline rush of running to your airplane and climbing in to quick engage the bandits that are ready to destroy your airfield. Talk about excitement. WOW!!!!

Choctaw111
01-29-2004, 11:17 AM
I would also like to see us being able to choose the type of bullets that you want to use and where they are placed in the ammo belt. I have brought this up on another of my posts but it nedds to be said again. How many times have you known someone was shooting at you because of all of the tracers that are flying by alerting you to try to escape! I would like to be able to place where the tracers and other types of bullets go in each individual belt. It adds to the pilots tactics and strategy of how he wants to fly and could actually make his kill rate go up just like in real life. It would be great to be able to take on enemy pilots by surprise when they don't even know that they are being shot at until they are blown from the sky...

Choctaw111
01-29-2004, 11:19 AM
How great would it be to have in the game not only the existing doppler effect but also the time it takes for the sounds to reach you. You won't hear a far away explosion right away. It takes time for the sound to travel. I think this would be awesome to see this in the game.

jamesdietz
02-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Opening cockpits???

grinman
02-04-2004, 02:37 PM
Yep opening cockpits http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

boohaa
02-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Engine power reflected by volume.So a low throttle setting and high rpm's and the sound is low.As throttle is increased so does the volume.

Cockpit view shift foward and back a good degree to mimic G's....gun throttle and view shifts way back at low speeds but gun throttle at high speeds and the view doesnt move much to simulate the g's