PDA

View Full Version : Down low in a Heinkel?

F0_Dark_P
06-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Sorry if i am naging on about bombers but i have i question, the thing is that i started a campaign as a HE-111 pilot and hoped to blow up airfields and factorys, but i am getting "JABO" type missions, and i must say that it is really hard to level bomb tanks, they just move around and they are hard to spot on high altitude.
So i wonder if this is historicaly correct in this game?, i love aviation history but i have not read much about bombers and there use, so i just wondered if the Luftwaffe really used the HE-111 in JABO type missions, i have actually see a old film on a HE-111 attacking ground troops, but i dont know if this was common practise?, just think that it is odd to go down low in a slow and not so very agile Heinkel.

thanx for any info guys.

F0_Dark_P
06-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Sorry if i am naging on about bombers but i have i question, the thing is that i started a campaign as a HE-111 pilot and hoped to blow up airfields and factorys, but i am getting "JABO" type missions, and i must say that it is really hard to level bomb tanks, they just move around and they are hard to spot on high altitude.
So i wonder if this is historicaly correct in this game?, i love aviation history but i have not read much about bombers and there use, so i just wondered if the Luftwaffe really used the HE-111 in JABO type missions, i have actually see a old film on a HE-111 attacking ground troops, but i dont know if this was common practise?, just think that it is odd to go down low in a slow and not so very agile Heinkel.

thanx for any info guys.

FritzGryphon
06-17-2006, 02:49 PM
The He-111H6 has a nose cannon, which was intended to shoot ground vehicles at low level (it's why it will only point down, and not up).

It's just a matter of lining up with the road that the vehicles are travelling on. On open terrain, the tanks will usually drive very straight, too.

Using delayed bombs allows you to get right down too the ground, and not kill yourself. Dive bombing also works very well, especially while sitting in the nose gunners position for a better view. You can use the nose gun iron sight to dive bomb with.

It's also a decent fighter, if you bind the nose gun to your joystick trigger key.