PDA

View Full Version : The biggest problem of multiplayer is ignorance

rkBrain
11-07-2010, 04:34 PM
I have recently noticed, when I was watching Youtube, that most of beta players didn't know basic rules of the game. Most of them did't even know such things as:
- not using R1 button adds bonus points during assassination
- delaying a kill grants another points
- how works lock-on system and stunning
- etc.

First two rules should completely eliminate players whose spend most of the time in game on roofs. Unfortunately they don't know this. That's why they play as they play.

rkBrain
11-07-2010, 04:34 PM
I have recently noticed, when I was watching Youtube, that most of beta players didn't know basic rules of the game. Most of them did't even know such things as:
- not using R1 button adds bonus points during assassination
- delaying a kill grants another points
- how works lock-on system and stunning
- etc.

First two rules should completely eliminate players whose spend most of the time in game on roofs. Unfortunately they don't know this. That's why they play as they play.

Sren001
11-07-2010, 04:37 PM
True... But then again, it is actually really easy to get a good score running around on the roofs, because even though the quality of the kills isn't that good the quantity is high, and its damn hard to be caught if u sprint around on the roofs all game long.

Btw, this shouldn't be taken as if im what they call a "runner", i'm just informing you, and while delaying a kill grants u more points, it also increases the risk of getting killed while assassinating http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

rkBrain
11-07-2010, 04:47 PM
You have right but it's possible to gain 1st place with almost half kills. I've manage to win the match with only 8 kills when second player have 15.

Sren001
11-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I know and i do the same, i'm just saying that running around is an easy way of getting in the top 3. So i assume it's not so much because they don't know the rules, but because they think what they do is either more fun, more effective etc.

Deej4y17
11-07-2010, 04:51 PM
anyone tell me how can i play multiplayer?

Deathgrim666
11-07-2010, 04:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deej4y17:
anyone tell me how can i play multiplayer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait 2 weeks?

rkBrain
11-07-2010, 04:57 PM
mrsemil: They can run. They can jump. They can do whatever they want. But in the end they don't have what it takes to assassinate me.

EmperorxZurg
11-07-2010, 04:58 PM
they've been playing the ps3 beta Deej

davo1270
11-07-2010, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deej4y17:
anyone tell me how can i play multiplayer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or use a time machine and travel back in time to about a month and a half, preorder da game from gamestop etc etc, and then use the bonus code u get to play the ACB Beta

Deej4y17
11-07-2010, 05:02 PM
thank you guys for your help . http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bmic31
11-07-2010, 06:43 PM
I disagree. I think they know the rules, because it was told in the tutorial and showed that stealthier kills give more points. Some people are so locked into twitch reflex first person shooters where you're running around 95% of the time so they think that's how ALL multiplayer works.

It's not that they don't know. It's that they choose to play that way. They're more concerned about KDR than performing kills correctly as they've been intended in AC:B. Just my opinion though.

Blackglasswar
11-08-2010, 08:06 AM
"correctly"???

geez - playing style is playing style - games are for fun... yes there is great joy in stealthy approaches and the like but in the end its about how much fun you can have out of this experience... I personally don't want to walk around as if I am in some sort of interactive assassination museum... sometimes I just want to run up and gut your throat with as much pixelated force as I can... followed by casually walking away like a badass.

rkBrain
11-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Running is important part of the game. Problem is that people run without a reason. I usually run when:
- my contract is too far away
- when I think that character behind me is a
pursuer

I've seen a lot of movies on YT and most of people run not because they want to but because they don't know how to play.

fastfast
11-08-2010, 09:05 AM
I thought the main idea behind an assassination is to kill someone in anyway that you see fit not how others expect you to play.

far be it for me to dictate how others should play online but i intend to kill like i do in the game and have a whoop about it, high profile and blades flying all over the place and blend

Blackglasswar
11-08-2010, 09:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fastfast1969:
I thought the main idea behind an assassination is to kill someone in anyway that you see fit not how others expect you to play.

far be it for me to dictate how others should play online but i intend to kill like i do in the game and have a whoop about it, high profile and blades flying all over the place and blend </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep - I remember all those AC1 moments of outrunning and bench sitting... Altair was a free-running SoB that didn't care for skulking about like an NPC... I'm just folloing his example.

Mr_Shade
11-08-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm sure in the 'real' game - you guys will teach them how to play http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

D173120T
11-08-2010, 09:56 AM
I think it would be cool to be able to switch targets and target roof runners and shhot them with the pistol.After a while they will stop running!

MT4K
11-08-2010, 10:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amullins:
I think it would be cool to be able to switch targets and target roof runners and shhot them with the pistol.After a while they will stop running! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or they will start shooting back and it suddenly becomes a lame shooting game like cod

FrankieSatt
11-08-2010, 11:00 AM
You want to know what's REALLY wrong with Multiplayer?

People who think they are GOD'S gift to Mulitplayer and then ASSume they have the right to tell others how to play.

This is the MAIN reason why I don't play Multiplayer.

There is no correct way or wrong way to play Multiplayer. It's a person's perogative to play how they wish to play. You don't like runners? Find a way around it or don't play with them. The same with Campers or anything else that irritates people to the point that they think they have a right to tell someone how to play their game.

The only ignorance belongs to those who constantly complain about how others play.

SWJS
11-08-2010, 11:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The same with Campers or anything else that irritates people to the point that they think they have a right to tell someone how to play their game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't have a problem if someone camps or whatnot. I do however, dislike it when players find ways to get cheap kills, such as hiding in a haystack and waiting for your target to walk past, or sniping from the highest point where no one else can shoot you unless they also have a sniper rifle. It isn't fair to the other players, and it ruins the game for most people. There's also the fact that a lot of bad players try to camp to rack up points, so they look better. I did it when I was a newcomer to Halo, especially on infection. It wasn't fair to any of the other players because they only had swords. They actually sent me a message begging me to stop. After I came on the receiving end, I was against camping ever since.

You're right, there is no right or wrong way to play, but either way, it's still not fair if you find a way to get cheap kills. It's not fair to the other players, and while it isn't "illegal", it's still frowed upon, because it ruins the fun and/or purpose of the actual game.

salted onions
11-08-2010, 11:20 AM
I agree with both of the posts above me. Sadly, there's no avoiding cheap and unfair play styles as long as the game mechanics allows it. So just enjoy it the way it is, or find away to avoid it, because things for the most part won't change.

rkBrain
11-08-2010, 12:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
You want to know what's REALLY wrong with Multiplayer?

People who think they are GOD'S gift to Mulitplayer and then ASSume they have the right to tell others how to play.

This is the MAIN reason why I don't play Multiplayer.

There is no correct way or wrong way to play Multiplayer. It's a person's perogative to play how they wish to play. You don't like runners? Find a way around it or don't play with them. The same with Campers or anything else that irritates people to the point that they think they have a right to tell someone how to play their game.

The only ignorance belongs to those who constantly complain about how others play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will give some clear example which confirm that in every multiplayer game are unwritten rules that should be obey.

Every player participating in multiplayer game can literally do nothing or disturb other team players. He can do that because he is allowed to but it's not the purpose of the game.

You can play chess by throwing pawns in another player but it's not what chess are all about.

SWJS
11-08-2010, 12:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">or find away to avoid it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I usually learn the most popular camping spots for a map and check them often. It works most of the time, but there's always a new camping spot found. Even if it helps, it's sadly still annoying.

TiFo xStealthZ
11-08-2010, 01:51 PM
when i played the beta i just made a group of clones around me and where just walking over street , although cloning wasn't completely necessary. you just need to walk in big crowds. people that are walking over roofs will make mistakes because of just pressing assasanation button when able to.
i noticed that people just rush through the map and thats really not what the game is made for, but therefor, just play the way you like.

Gamertag: stealthyk1ll3r
Gamerscore: 10178

TiFo xStealthZ
11-08-2010, 01:55 PM
i think its really annoying to complain about someone's gaming style just because there are two kinds of players:

the sneaky type that is walking in crowds and strikes when he can without being seen

the rushing type thst likes to make a lot of kills by rushing through the map

dont forget why you play:

it is for the fun :P

Tuck2103
11-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Well, these players might be fast and deadly, but they're also stupid. Running around like a madman will activate a chase, and while stealthy guys hide in crowds, the runners' time will expire. Luck might give them a chance for a kill.

I think Ubisoft did a great job, granting stealthy players a chance to win from caffe´ne addicted CoD players.

decalescent
11-08-2010, 02:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think Ubisoft did a great job, granting stealthy players a chance to win from caffe´ne addicted CoD players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well put. Hopefully once the game is launched there will be a better mix of players.

Serenity9066
11-08-2010, 02:40 PM
After reading all of your posts I think I might be ready for multiplayer. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif My faith in gamers has been restored.

Still playing singleplayer first though.

steelernati0n
11-08-2010, 04:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tuck2103:
Well, these players might be fast and deadly, but they're also stupid. Running around like a madman will activate a chase, and while stealthy guys hide in crowds, the runners' time will expire. Luck might give them a chance for a kill.

I think Ubisoft did a great job, granting stealthy players a chance to win from caffe´ne addicted CoD players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I completely agree with you, but when your following your target, trying to get the the most points out of it, you have to give up the chase so you can run from some moron who is just sprinting around in circles the whole game. And the moment you run your target gets alerted and takes off.

bmic31
11-08-2010, 04:08 PM
I think my post was misconstrued. You guys assume I don't think people should be able to run. I'm all for it, play how you want.

In my personal opinion though, the game was made to be played stealthily instead of high-profile running. Why? Because stealth kills are given more points per kill than high-profile running kills are. If it's not intended to be like that, why would they reward one type of gameplay more than another?

It's a lot like the repressed memories in the single player. If Ezio performed a memory stealthily, and you chose to do it in a high-profile way, you don't get the repressed memory. Even though you may not -want- to do it stealthily, the game intended it to be done that way and rewards accordingly.

So no, I'm not against runners. I will almost always beat runners in a game of points, with half their amount of kills, and not mind it a bit. But, I will say I think running high-profile is not how the game was intended. You have every right to play how you want though, I'm not here to tell you how to do you.

XxKillaSniperxX
11-08-2010, 04:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
I do however, dislike it when players find ways to get cheap kills, such as hiding in a haystack and waiting for your target to walk past </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please explain how that's "cheap"

SWJS
11-08-2010, 05:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please explain how that's "cheap" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because it requires no skill at all, and someone can obtain a large number of kills/points before they're discovered. While everyone else is out looking for opponents, that player just has to wait for someone to come buy and surprise them. It's not fair to the players who are actively playing the game.

bmic31
11-08-2010, 06:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please explain how that's "cheap" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because it requires no skill at all, and someone can obtain a large number of kills/points before they're discovered. While everyone else is out looking for opponents, that player just has to wait for someone to come buy and surprise them. It's not fair to the players who are actively playing the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An immobile target is an easy target. If a player is leading/winning a game by hiding in a haystack his assassins aren't that good. I used the tactic from time to time during beta when i was in the lead, 1st or 2nd place. I would morph the group besides the hay stack, then hide in it. 2 or 3 players would assassinate the guys nearby, then I would have to get on the move, or someone would smarten up and find me.

It's a viable tactic, and not impossible to catch.

SWJS
11-09-2010, 01:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's a viable tactic, and not impossible to catch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Even so, it can still be used to get easy kills.

Tuck2103
11-09-2010, 01:58 AM
I guess a haystack camp-kill is not that cheap. For there's only a tiny chance that your target will even pass by, and this also counts for benches.
And why... It is stealthy isn't it?

Blackglasswar
11-09-2010, 02:33 AM
Wah-wah-wah... haystack kill is a trophy/ achievement so get used to people doing it. Think back to your Leo training and having to do just that... the Borgia didn't come knocking down your door demanding that you stop doing such things because it is cheap. A kill is a kill, haystack, death from above, high profile or gunned... at the end of the day it is supposed to be FUN!

FrankieSatt
11-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Because it requires no skill at all, and someone can obtain a large number of kills/points before they're discovered. While everyone else is out looking for opponents, that player just has to wait for someone to come buy and surprise them. It's not fair to the players who are actively playing the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And this is the reason for my post.

Who are you to decide what is fair and isn't fair or what is cheap and isn't cheap? What you call cheap someone else calls a tactic. Want to know how to avoid those people, don't walk close to hay stacks or make sure you you are watching the haystack if you have to.

There are many ways to defeat a tactic, you just have to come up with one that works.

This is what I was talking about, people think they have a right to tell others how they should be playing. You don't. Let people play how they want and quit complaining and figure out how to defeat their tactics.

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Honestly, one of my favourite things about the beta was how well they struck the balance between free-running and stealth gameplay.

A skilled runner will be able to dominate regardless of how their opponents are playing. The same goes for a skilled stealth player. Runners will ALWAYS end up at ground level if at least one player is stealthy. And there are ways to force a player to break stealth. If your target's blended with multiple clones of themselves, use morph and kill the one who doesn't change. If you don't have morph, keep an eye out, join the crowd or don't at your discretion, and watch for them to make a move.

As for the points side of things, I've won matches where I had well under half the number of kills the player behind me did.

Both styles of play are fair, balanced, and legitimate. As a mostly stealth-focused player, I don't enjoy a rooftop runner dropping down onto me when I'm close to my target, but usually they get me because I gave myself away or because they took a lucky guess. Sometimes I'll run to a target when they reveal themselves, because I know others are after them, or because I know I'll lose them if I don't get there fast. I may expose myself, I may be forced into a chase, I may only get 100 points, and I may get myself hunted and killed as well, but earning those points, to me, is better than losing the target and letting them get another stealth kill. Also, I've got more points from people guessing wrong than they've got from guessing right, so I don't think complaining about it is fair.

fastfast
11-09-2010, 07:25 AM
I petition UBISOFT to create a new online game mode just for buggering about in called free mode, no point awarded for any actions and leave the real gaming to those who want to do it

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 08:54 AM
you will get spotted much much easier running then when you walk, so if there are players who choose to play like this: sure, but dont expect a lot of survival or good kills.

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 10:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drakenkanon:
you will get spotted much much easier running then when you walk, so if there are players who choose to play like this: sure, but dont expect a lot of survival or good kills. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And if we mention the "survivor" and "untouchable" bonuses (least deaths in a match and no deaths in a match, respectively), the extra XP earned will allow stealthy players to level up faster, and get better abilities, perks, kill/loss streaks...

If you come last place, but get both those bonuses, that's 900 XP right there. That's potentially worth 9 runner kills just for not dying in a match.

Also, when you're stealthy and earning at least 400 points per kill (I can quite easily get 700 point kills once poison's available), and a runner almost always gets 100 (occasionally 150 - 200) points for a kill, they have to get 4 times as many kills to keep up. So 5 stealth kills getting between 2000 and 4000 points beats THREE TIMES AS MANY KILLS by a runner.

Factor in the variety, escape and lure bonuses which are easy to earn when stealthing against a runner, and 5000 - 6000 points with 7 kills isn't too surprising. And 20+ kills getting less than 3000 points isn't going to win the match for you.

SWJS
11-09-2010, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This is what I was talking about, people think they have a right to tell others how they should be playing. You don't. Let people play how they want and quit complaining and figure out how to defeat their tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not telling anyone how to play a game. It's my opinion that people trying to cheese into getting more kills/points is unfair to other players. I'm not saying that I want every camper in the world should stop camping, or the snipers should try hand-to-hand. That's what they choose to do. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. Everyone has the right to play how they want, even if they want to use a dirty tactic. You have no right to tell other people whether or not their opinion is right. If you don't think their opinion is right, deal with it. It's my opinion, and I have the right to express it. Let people have their opinions and quit complaining when you don't agree with them and learn to live with the fact that everyone has an opinion.

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 10:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This is what I was talking about, people think they have a right to tell others how they should be playing. You don't. Let people play how they want and quit complaining and figure out how to defeat their tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not telling anyone how to play a game. It's my opinion that people trying to cheese into getting more kills/points is unfair to other players. I'm not saying that I want every camper in the world should stop camping, or the snipers should try hand-to-hand. That's what they choose to do. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. Everyone has the right to play how they want, even if they want to use a dirty tactic. You have no right to tell other people whether or not their opinion is right. If you don't think their opinion is right, deal with it. It's my opinion, and I have the right to express it. Let people have their opinions and quit complaining when you don't agree with them and learn to live with the fact that everyone has an opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Calling something a "dirty tactic" is kind of saying you don't think people should be doing it.

I personally prefer the stealth approach, but I've seen people who are good at running and whose skill I respect. A lot of stealth players can't appreciate that there is skill involved in winning a match as a runner, just like there's skill involved in winning playing stealth.

If you stay in a haystack long enough, someone's going to come along, see nobody nearby that looks like their target, and check out the haystack, you know, just in case. Or someone will Leap of Faith into it and you'll be thrown out, and either they'll be your hunter or they'll reveal you when your hunter shows up. You have to know when to move on. And when you go for the kill, you have to avoid giving yourself away to both target and pursuer(s)

If you're running around on the rooftops all the time, you have to keep an eye out all around for other rooftop players, and for anyone who wants to get a bead on you and shoot you down, whether from the roof or the ground. Then when you reach your target and find them surrounded by clones because they used morph you either need to use morph while running through the group, then double back before they get away, or be patient enough to tail them and watch for them to give themselves away. If you don't have morph equipped, or it's in cooldown, and you don't want to wait, you could always kill one and hope for the best.

Neither tactic is "dirty" and neither tactic is "stupid" if the player is skilled at it.

Better players, regardless of how they play, will do better.

As I've said, the variety is why I like the game.

SWJS
11-09-2010, 10:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Neither tactic is "dirty" and neither tactic is "stupid" if the player is skilled at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They can't be skilled at it if what they're doing requires no skill. I'm not only talking about ACB here either, I'm talking about MP in general. And like I said, it's an opinion. I don't like campers and the like. Therefore I don't use those tactics. People can still do it, but I still don't have to like it.

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 10:57 AM
They can't be skilled at it if what they're doing requires no skill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
To be a camper with a sniper rifle in a lot of MP games doesn't require real skill.

To be a good sniper in the same games does take skill.

Now I just have to ask...

What "cheap" tactics have you seen "unskilled" ACB stealth players use?

Hiding in a haystack isn't cheap, because it's easy to track you down. It requires observation and planning to ensure there are NPCs nearby who look like your character so you can decoy any pursuers after you, and you have to make sure you're somewhere a target is likely to travel, or actively put yourself in their path, either of which takes skill.

Patience itself is a skill, as are the analytical processes necessary to make the tactic work.

Hiding on a bench, same thing. Except that other players can see you on a bench, so you're not as well hidden as you are in a haystack, but they can't kick you out of it by jumping in.

Hiding in a blend group? If you can get a group with multiple clones of yourself (or use morph) this should look like it requires less skill than the others, because you don't have to position yourself where your target's going - you just let the group take you until you end up close. Except there are tactics here, do you switch groups when you're near the target because another one will take you closer? Do you break from the group and risk being caught by your own assassin? Do you wait until they're right on top of a blend group so you can pick up the "hidden" bonus? Also, with the crowd guiding you, it requires you to be good at spatial reasoning to keep track of your target while you're on the move.

SWJS
11-09-2010, 11:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What "cheap" tactics have you seen "unskilled" ACB stealth players use? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I haven't played the Beta (no PS3), therefore I couldn't have seen the tactics people use. Since it's an AC game, I can understand both stealthy and freerunning tactics, both of which I have no problem with. I'll probably end up flaunting my Harlequin's awesome by freerunning.

I only used the Haystack thing as an example for why I dislike campers. Since haystacks are in AC, and they're part of the stealth system. I have no real issue with using them. I only used it as an example.

notafanboy
11-09-2010, 11:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What "cheap" tactics have you seen "unskilled" ACB stealth players use? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I haven't played the Beta (no PS3), therefore I couldn't have seen the tactics people use. Since it's an AC game, I can understand both stealthy and freerunning tactics, both of which I have no problem with. I'll probably end up flaunting my Harlequin's awesome by freerunning.

I only used the Haystack thing as an example for why I dislike campers. Since haystacks are in AC, and they're part of the stealth system. I have no real issue with using them. I only used it as an example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i use the haystacks when i┤ve got 3-4 peruers then i morph so they take out the copies instead of me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:
i use the haystacks when i┤ve got 3-4 peruers then i morph so they take out the copies instead of me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Works better if you morph in the middle of a nearby group THEN go to the haystack - gives a larger number of false targets, because civilians don't stay close enough to get the whole group from inside.

Also, I've done this to a group with 2 courtesans when I was priest, and one of the courtesans didn't morph. I only realised why as she was assassinating me. Ouch.

But ACB is a game where you actually feel like it takes skill even to use tactics which are basically camping. There's only one weapon which kills at range, and it requires several seconds locked on, with the target in sight, without you moving, and takes a minute and a half to reload after every shot. And the longer you wait for your target, the more of your disguise gets chipped away.

Of course, on the rare occasions when I play games where camping is a viable tactic, I tend to be a pretty good counter-sniper. I have a camper's instinct for good camping spots, and I'm good at getting close and slaughtering with close-range weapons, OR at hitting them with my own sniper rifle from unexpected angles, depending on the game and my mood at the time. Most multiplayer for me boils down to Resistance and War for Cybertron though, and neither of them really have campers.

Tuck2103
11-09-2010, 11:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Then when you reach your target and find them surrounded by clones because they used morph you either need to use morph while running through the group, then double back before they get away, or be patient enough to tail them and watch for them to give themselves away. If you don't have morph equipped, or it's in cooldown, and you don't want to wait, you could always kill one and hope for the best.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can sort out your target by bumping into the clones if the group isn't moving. All NPCs move back to where they stood before when you bump them aside. Your target is probably wetting his pants and usually doesn't dare to move, giving himself away.

Players who move around in morphed groups usually walk in the middle, did you notice that?

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 12:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tuck2103:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Then when you reach your target and find them surrounded by clones because they used morph you either need to use morph while running through the group, then double back before they get away, or be patient enough to tail them and watch for them to give themselves away. If you don't have morph equipped, or it's in cooldown, and you don't want to wait, you could always kill one and hope for the best.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can sort out your target by bumping into the clones if the group isn't moving. All NPCs move back to where they stood before when you bump them aside. Your target is probably wetting his pants and usually doesn't dare to move, giving himself away.

Players who move around in morphed groups usually walk in the middle, did you notice that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've noticed both those behaviours and deliberately accounted for them once I had, actually.

One tactic, when bumped into by a player like that, is move back to location and stun them while they're moving on to the next. Another is to throw a smoke bomb and either stun or run while they're choking.

Even better, sometimes an NPC will walk away when you bump into them like that, and I've had players lure themselves by pouncing as soon as one did so.

As for moving groups, I tend to avoid being the character in the middle of the group, and usually try to be as close to the front as possible, because players usually end up near the back of the group, so going against the usual makes you a less obvious target.

Also makes it easier to poison from in the group if you're at the side instead of in the middle.