PDA

View Full Version : ot aces of the deep

Littlecharlie
06-13-2006, 11:20 AM
last weekend i tried to reinstall my old copy of "aces of the deep", yes i know but just out of pure nostalgia , and guess what , it kept saying my system didn't meet the nessasary requirements ( duuh)and stopped installing any solutions ??

Littlecharlie
06-13-2006, 11:20 AM
last weekend i tried to reinstall my old copy of "aces of the deep", yes i know but just out of pure nostalgia , and guess what , it kept saying my system didn't meet the nessasary requirements ( duuh)and stopped installing any solutions ??

Kaleun1961
06-13-2006, 11:39 AM
It is quite complicated, but I've read somewhere it could be done on an XP system, but I myself just couldn't be bothered to go through all of that hassle. A simple solution would be to use an old DOS box system, if you can get one.

Some here might say, why bother? I understand the nostalgia for AotD. At least, as old as it is, it has wolfpacks!

fizilbert
06-14-2006, 07:19 AM
You probably need to have a DOS emulation program.

KaleunFreddie
06-15-2006, 12:57 PM
A DOS Box/emulator should work here. Better hurry as ole Bill doesn't like backwards compatability like Intel does.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Littlecharlie
06-15-2006, 01:40 PM
ok problem solved i did maanage to install it (thank you for the advice) and even play it sort of ...the game is soo unstable , it crashes often but here are somethings i really enjoyed but what never made it into SH III

- wolfpacks and Bdu ordering you around the map all the time
- smart convoys , they zigzag all the time , very annoying when you just lined up and the whole convoy turns away from you
- killerplanes ,they really can mess up your day and from late 43 onward more and more of them carry a acoustic torpedo making crashdives kinda suicidal

owell nostalgia is over now