PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum but not to Sim-Flying... Looking for some action.

Stargazer_RobW
12-27-2006, 04:41 AM
Hiya,

I've just signed up here since I feel I needed some place to come to discuss my flying. None of my sim-racing buddys are flyers with the exception of one and he has only just started out and has yet to get the plane off the ground successfully.

When I'm not driving in my racing league, I like to fly in IL2. I have the 1946 version and would like to know if there are any populated servers that welcome people new to the community?

I'm what I'd like to call a semi-serious combat pilot. I fly with most of the realism settings switched on, making an exception for ammunition and a couple of others.

I'd also like to get together with a few flyers since my Wife lacks the right attitude to become a serious flyer and I often feel the need to talk to someone about it.

It'd be nice to know if there are any other fliers here from the Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire areas in the UK who'd like to meet up.

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Stargazer_RobW
12-27-2006, 04:41 AM
Hiya,

I've just signed up here since I feel I needed some place to come to discuss my flying. None of my sim-racing buddys are flyers with the exception of one and he has only just started out and has yet to get the plane off the ground successfully.

When I'm not driving in my racing league, I like to fly in IL2. I have the 1946 version and would like to know if there are any populated servers that welcome people new to the community?

I'm what I'd like to call a semi-serious combat pilot. I fly with most of the realism settings switched on, making an exception for ammunition and a couple of others.

I'd also like to get together with a few flyers since my Wife lacks the right attitude to become a serious flyer and I often feel the need to talk to someone about it.

It'd be nice to know if there are any other fliers here from the Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire areas in the UK who'd like to meet up.

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

x6BL_Brando
12-27-2006, 05:53 AM
I'm a UK IL-2 flyer, though some distance from Beds/Herts down here in Devon. I fly co-op missions online via Hyperlobby (http://hyperfighter.sk)

Do you use Teamspeak? (http://www.goteamspeak.com/) This is the quickest way to meet people and chat - and is very necessary in terms of survival in the online world. You can't beat flying with a live wingman covering your tail and sharing the rigours of situational awareness (SA) and pair tactics. Setting up a split break, for example, can only be done by this means - and the joys of dragging & bagging the unwary are better done by a pair or a team in communication.

Joining a squad is probably the best answer to your needs. You may be lucky enough to receive training; you will certainly take part in planned operations and enjoy the benefits of 'strength in numbers'; you will find most have a website where ideas and arrangements are displayed.

B.

Stargazer_RobW
12-27-2006, 06:08 AM
Hi Brando,

Thanks for your reply. I'll check out the Hyperlobby thing when I get home and see what it's all about.

I do have teamspeak installed on one of my PC's but have not had a chance to use it for anything yet. I'll have to blow the cobwebs off and work it out.

I'll have a peek in the Squadrons forum here. I'm still figuring out the forums structure so it will take me a few days to get things in the right places at first.

Cheers,

Rob.