PDA

View Full Version : Time skip

famousanus
04-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Ok, so I'm an impatient noob who has just bought the game. I want to get into the action a bit quicker than flying for an hour first (it gets a little boring). I programmed a time skip key but it doesn't just skip me to the next waypoint or action, it just shows the clock ticking over very slowly, sometimes even slower than actual time. I can put it on to autopilot and speed the time up to 8X and go and get a cup of coffee while I wait for some action, but I'd rather have an immediate skip, like in some of the older games. Does anybody know how to do this? (I haven't patched it yet).

plumps_
04-04-2005, 09:02 PM
When 'Time Skip' is activated the graphics are switched off but your computer still has to do all the AI calculations. The more AI objects there are and the slower your CPU is the slower the game will be. You can't do much about it besides buying a faster computer or downloading 3rd party Missions like my 'Quick & Dirty Pacific Fighters Single Mission Pack' (see sig) where you start the missions very close to the action.

Also in some of the stock PF campaigns it's possible to reduce the distance to the target from 300 km to 100 km by adding a line to the conf.ini:

[DGen]
MissionDistance=5

And of course there is the Quick Mission Builder and Uberdemon's Quick Mission Generator (http://www.uberdemon.com).

famousanus
04-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks. Thought it might have something to do with my old computer (Athlon 1800, GeForce 4 64MB). Was hoping for a 'free' fix but maybe it's time for an upgrade.