PDA

View Full Version : How Accurate is Rome in this game? [Spoilers]

LitLikeABrothel
01-09-2011, 09:30 AM
I was just wonder how accurate a representation of sixteenth century Rome this game is. For example, I noticed the Colosseum still has it's arena, but it's gone when we see Ezio planting the apple at the end of the game, and St. Peter's Square doesn't exist.

Is this kind of geography accurate for the time period, or was artistic licence taken?

LitLikeABrothel
01-09-2011, 09:30 AM
I was just wonder how accurate a representation of sixteenth century Rome this game is. For example, I noticed the Colosseum still has it's arena, but it's gone when we see Ezio planting the apple at the end of the game, and St. Peter's Square doesn't exist.

Is this kind of geography accurate for the time period, or was artistic licence taken?

LaCava1
01-09-2011, 09:34 AM
First up, you need spoiler tags in the title. Second of all: I'm pretty sure that it's fairly accurate for the time period. And who says that the arena is gone when *SPOILERS* Ezio plants the Apple? The part that you're in as Desmond is UNDER where the arena was. So Ezio could have simply gone under the arena.

NuclearFuss
01-09-2011, 09:35 AM
The St. Peter's basilica you see today was built in 1626, which is 119 years after the end of Ezio's part of the story. I'm not sure about the Square. But anyway the game's map is based on someone's map of Rome from 1503 so at least the layout of the city is accurate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LitLikeABrothel
01-09-2011, 09:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:
First up, you need spoiler tags in the title. Second of all: I'm pretty sure that it's fairly accurate for the time period. And who says that the arena is gone when *SPOILERS* Ezio plants the Apple? The part that you're in as Desmond is UNDER where the arena was. So Ezio could have simply gone under the arena. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a shot of Ezio leaving the Colosseum and the arena is gone.

SevketErhat
01-09-2011, 10:17 AM
I cannot wait to visit Rome and see all those places in Rome especially Vatican

Inorganic9_2
01-09-2011, 10:31 AM
I think the game needs more Spaniards in single player mode. I hear that Rome was full of spanish mercenaries at the time!