PDA

View Full Version : Game Constantly Crashing to Desktop, Literally Every 5-10 Minutes

PlanB-Blank
04-27-2010, 08:56 PM
I've been waiting for this game forever. I've been playing Splinter Cell since the original and I've enjoyed every new game until now. I can live with the stupid "Must be online to play" thing, even though Double Agent was my go-to-game when there was a storm and my internet was knocked out, and I could even bear the extra 2-week wait with an impatient aura of "Holy crap, I can't friggin' wait!"

So, why is it that I can't play 5 minutes without a crash. Before, it was predictable, certain rooms crashed the game, and my first play through a new area would also crash the game, though at least I would be able to reload it and go through with (most of the time) no more crashes for at least a few minutes.

I've just gotten to the Washington D.C. Fairgrounds and I just cannot avoid the crash. It's definitely not an insufficient computer, I surpass all the recommended specs, but it just crashes over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

It's not even something like, 500 people run in and start blowing-up everything within a 500 square mile radius; it's one line of unavoidable dialog that always crashes it. The very first guy you need to take out in the level after you're done talking with Vic and hear that guy say that you're the target. He starts some random comm. chatter, and by the second sentence, I crash. Even if I try to grab him before he says it the game crashes there anyway. Multiplayer is lame when I can't get points for upgrades while playing co-op (nobody is yet playing the other modes...), and I would even that crashes. It's such a GIGANTIC PAIN IN THE *** when the game goes up $10 in price, then gets delayed 2 weeks, then doesn't work, and then isn't very well supported by the people that should be working their asses off to have a patch out.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 had a patch out by 3:00 PM the day it was released, and even though server issues would continue for a bit afterward due to how many people tried to use it at once, it helped. Why can't Ubisoft (if not just make the game work right the first time) try to get these problems fixed ASAP?

PlanB-Blank
04-27-2010, 08:56 PM
I've been waiting for this game forever. I've been playing Splinter Cell since the original and I've enjoyed every new game until now. I can live with the stupid "Must be online to play" thing, even though Double Agent was my go-to-game when there was a storm and my internet was knocked out, and I could even bear the extra 2-week wait with an impatient aura of "Holy crap, I can't friggin' wait!"

So, why is it that I can't play 5 minutes without a crash. Before, it was predictable, certain rooms crashed the game, and my first play through a new area would also crash the game, though at least I would be able to reload it and go through with (most of the time) no more crashes for at least a few minutes.

I've just gotten to the Washington D.C. Fairgrounds and I just cannot avoid the crash. It's definitely not an insufficient computer, I surpass all the recommended specs, but it just crashes over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

It's not even something like, 500 people run in and start blowing-up everything within a 500 square mile radius; it's one line of unavoidable dialog that always crashes it. The very first guy you need to take out in the level after you're done talking with Vic and hear that guy say that you're the target. He starts some random comm. chatter, and by the second sentence, I crash. Even if I try to grab him before he says it the game crashes there anyway. Multiplayer is lame when I can't get points for upgrades while playing co-op (nobody is yet playing the other modes...), and I would even that crashes. It's such a GIGANTIC PAIN IN THE *** when the game goes up $10 in price, then gets delayed 2 weeks, then doesn't work, and then isn't very well supported by the people that should be working their asses off to have a patch out.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 had a patch out by 3:00 PM the day it was released, and even though server issues would continue for a bit afterward due to how many people tried to use it at once, it helped. Why can't Ubisoft (if not just make the game work right the first time) try to get these problems fixed ASAP?

SuperGatorHator
04-28-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm getting the same thing. Every 5 minutes, the game crashes. I can't believe I payed 60 dollars for a game that doesn't even work. This needs a fix NOW.

dontos
04-28-2010, 10:16 PM
I thought everything was working OK, but when I started playing tonight it was crash city USA! Sometimes I get a blue screen of death and other times a crash dialog for the game itself. When I get the dialog, the game is killed but the OS continues to run.

Multimaster88
04-29-2010, 12:55 AM
If u have an ati card the fix is to get catalyst 10-4 drivers that came out on the 28th, I know 3 ppl so far that have installed the new catalyst drivers and we have all had 0 crashes today. and it runs smoother, we had crashes every 5-10 min too all day yesterday

dontos
04-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Don't have ATI card. Have GTX 285 and am running a recent Windows approved nVidia driver. Running Win 7.

bl00dflower
05-04-2010, 01:16 PM
No-one from Ubi bothering to reply? What a crock. I have the same problem...Absolute jokers. I'm taking it back to Game tomorrow.

mrsaint1990
05-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Same problem here. I'm stuck in IRAQ. Stupid crashes...

It's so damn frustrating - I have bought the game, installed it, and... I can't beat it because of stupid optimization. =(