PDA

View Full Version : joystick help

Jumpin_Jezza
05-16-2005, 03:23 AM
hi I am having problems with my joystick. it is a logitech pro. The sensetivity is way way to high. I have tried to change the settings in and out of game as well as un installing and reinstalling both the joystick and IL2. The problem also occurs in ms 2002. I even had the joystick swapped by the shops but the problam remains.

Jumpin_Jezza
05-16-2005, 03:23 AM
hi I am having problems with my joystick. it is a logitech pro. The sensetivity is way way to high. I have tried to change the settings in and out of game as well as un installing and reinstalling both the joystick and IL2. The problem also occurs in ms 2002. I even had the joystick swapped by the shops but the problam remains.

irR4tiOn4L
05-16-2005, 08:04 AM
try to pin down where the problem lies - is it set up incorrectly or is there a physical limitation to the joystick such as low travel range? Are you moving it too rapidly and violently or is does it only respond to larger movements?

A good place to start is the input settings in PF/FB/IL2. Have a look at the red square (indicating stick motion) versus the green square (indicating the in game, toned down stick motion).

Note how well it centers by itself - does it jitter about? Try moving it - does it move smoothly with every small movement of the stick, or does it seem to 'jump' by larger increments? Does it reach the mid of its movements too early for your liking? Does it speed up at any point too much? Does it use the full range of hte sticks motion?

Try moving it about and hitting various points - 25% travel, 50% travel and so on, quickly. Does it go to these points accurate and reliably? more importantly, is it easy for you to quickly hit these points?

If it seems ok so far, try making the motion in game less sensitive. Apply the default settings then just for testing slide each slider down by 50% and try flying in game - has the problem dissapeared? (note it wont move to full range). If its better, try messing around with the sliders some more untill the motion is smooth and predictable (the last slider should go to 100% for full movement).

Basically, isolate whether the problem is:
1 - The physical qualities of the joystick - eg low movement range, inconsistent movement, jerkiness, twitching etc. If this is the problem, perhaps you need a better joystick - make sure if you do get a new one, you choose one which solves the main cause of your problem (eg if your problem is travel range, get a stick with lots of travel)

2 - Your usage and movement of the stick - perhaps you are being impatient and jerking the stick, especially when aiming. Maybe you move it very little, but given a small response move it too much to compensate - the solution is to learn to be very light and patient on the stick, and to play around with the input settings to suit most the area where you are least accurate (small input range, medium input range, large input range)

3 - The software or drivers. Perhaps you have the control panel settings skewed off in some way? Maybe the error is with drivers. Really you have to analyse what could be the problem here.

Anyways a long reply but seeing as you got nothing else i wanted to at least say something - more info woiuld really help hone the response though.

good luck!

jessi1
05-16-2005, 08:31 AM
If this is a lgitech extreme 3d pro then throw it in the trash, theres no fixin those joysticks its how all of them are(junk) i had one also and several threads here about them say the same thing about the same problem, logitech sticks are not reliable for long periods, the wingman etreme 3d is there best stick(not forcefeedback) and i had 2 that lasted about 4to 5 months of everyday use and then it went on me, but the extreme stick is garbage and dozens of people here have mentioned the same thing, if you want a good stick thats not exspensive i would get a saitek evo, i got one and it is a great stick for a good price.

F16_Neo
05-16-2005, 09:10 AM
http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm
S!
/Neo

Jumpin_Jezza
06-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Im Pritty Sure It Has To Do With My Computer Itself Now, I Replaced The Joystick So I Have A Brand New One, It's Still Over-Sensitive. Ive Re-Installed It & Still The Same Settings.

If Anyone Knows Anything About How To Fix This At All Please Reply... Im A Dolt When Its To Fixing Computers... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif